Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's great that people post and share these backstage news reports of course, but I was wondering .... as I've seen a few lately such as Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan and Summerslam etc... how often are these backstage reports right, how often are they wrong and is a lot of these reports just speculation from somewhere?

I know that WWE have a strict policy in regards to leaking story lines and up and coming angles, they also are known to change things at the last minute, even the wrestlers often don't know who they are wrestling until, I think it was about 5pm in the evening (I heard Alberto Del Rio talking about this), they have an idea often, but they don't know for sure themselves half of the time.

So I was just wondering, while reading these reports how often are they right and how often are they wrong? .... because I do find it hard to believe that WWE would let this kind of information leak so easily, which is why I wonder if a lot of these are written from speculation of some kind?

I've read a lot of these on here, and I've never really kept track in regards to which reports actually surfaced and went ahead, as opposed to those that just never even happened.

Again, I think it's fine these backstage reports being posted, people have the absolute choice whether they want to open the thread and read it or not, and the titles are often very clear too in regards to what it was about, but I was just wondering in regards to how substantial and factual are a lot of these reports, or are they often based on speculation or clever calculating etc..

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
HHH vs Lesnar, Cena winning the rumble, Cena vs Rock 2, & Punk vs Taker were all accurate for WM29.

There were also reports that the Orton vs Bryan feud will end at Hell in a Cell, which it did.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Certain dirtsheets are more reputable than others which may given weight to the arguement they really do have the ear of someone 'in the know'. However the vast majority IMO is pure speculation - long term watchers of the product(s) in question and educated guesses. AFAIK you'll never get 100% 'put your mortgage' on it type information from the dirtsheets and they always cover their back with "card subject to change".

Yes, I definitely think there are leaks out there, but a lot of the reports are pretty obvious to even a casual viewer but the more they put out of those, the better reputation they get as they are 'correct' x% of the time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think that some of the stuff that gets leaked out is done by the WWE themselves. They know a big part of their fanbase are reading this stuff, and will plant stories to help get the talent over. A good example is the report of Daniel Bryan yelling at Triple H, and by saying that Summer Rae who the WWE clearly has big plans for, is studying classic wrestling tapes, will help her out with the audience that isn't too kind with most the women in WWE.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I say 70-80% I remember the one that said HHH was gym buddy with Sheamus and he wanted to push him, in that same month Sheamus debuted and become WWE in a blink.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
A ton of it is just educated guesses. If you're a lifetime viewer of the product and can foresee where certain angles and feuds are going, you're probably gonna be right on the mark about future developments. And that's how so many of these sites work. There's no "real reporting" going on.

Some have more resources than others and maybe even have legit sources, but it's not a big number.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HHH vs Lesnar, Cena winning the rumble, Cena vs Rock 2, & Punk vs Taker were all accurate for WM29.

There were also reports that the Orton vs Bryan feud will end at Hell in a Cell, which it did.
But how much has been wrong too? Out of interest?

Certain dirtsheets are more reputable than others which may given weight to the arguement they really do have the ear of someone 'in the know'. However the vast majority IMO is pure speculation - long term watchers of the product(s) in question and educated guesses. AFAIK you'll never get 100% 'put your mortgage' on it type information from the dirtsheets and they always cover their back with "card subject to change".

Yes, I definitely think there are leaks out there, but a lot of the reports are pretty obvious to even a casual viewer but the more they put out of those, the better reputation they get as they are 'correct' x% of the time.
Yeah, WWE would surely fire staff if they were found to be leaking information, and I bet even half the staff don't know a lot of what's going on in that sense either, specially seen as the talent often don't.

I think that some of the stuff that gets leaked out is done by the WWE themselves. They know a big part of their fanbase are reading this stuff, and will plant stories to help get the talent over. A good example is the report of Daniel Bryan yelling at Triple H, and by saying that Summer Rae who the WWE clearly has big plans for, is studying classic wrestling tapes, will help her out with the audience that isn't too kind with most the women in WWE.
This is an interesting thought .... and probably has some truth in it also.

A ton of it is just educated guesses. If you're a lifetime viewer of the product and can foresee where certain angles and feuds are going, you're probably gonna be right on the mark about future developments. And that's how so many of these sites work. There's no "real reporting" going on.

Some have more resources than others and maybe even have legit sources, but it's not a big number.
Throw enough shit at a wall and some will stick.

Most of it is just educated guesses, if they get something wrong they will just say it was 'nixed'.
Yeah, I do wonder about it, simply because of we all know how WWE are in regards to these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts