Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old School
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with Stone Cold in the air with all the Tough Enough buzz it made me think about all he's accomplished and his path to stardom. One of the things I found interesting was that his KOTR win in 1996. HHH was originally set to win the event, but because he was punished for the MSG incident WWF was forced to find someone else to push and that man was good ol' SCSA. The win pretty much launched his career and it's funny to know that, if it wasn't for the MSG incident, he would have never won the event. If he didn't win he may never have been pushed, which may have affected the future product of the WWF, the MNW, etc. Which then leads into the hypothetical question of this topic.

Had HHH never been axed from the event and went on to win, do you think Stone Cold would have been pushed the same way he was and if not how would that have affected the future of the WWF/E?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Its always hard to discuss hypothetical situations, but I would suggest it was inevitable Austin would have hit the heights with a talent like his. HHH did, and I reckon Austin still would have as well.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Stone Cold was a hard worker with immense talent in a time when guys like that almost always made it in the 'E because it was hard to not get noticed.

The thing is, he was brought in as a mechanic - which is basically a top midcard guy that you can rely on to fill the show and maybe be there for the main event guys to beat on the odd occasion - not unlike Chris Benoit, although he did get his big run probably as a reward for hard work and a great career.

So yeah, being brought in with that role in mind - he was never gonna be automatically put forward for something like the KOTR, but his talent and progress would still have been noticed and he'd have been given the ball to run with one way or another.

So he might not have had the 3:16 motto. I'm sure he'd have coined something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.