Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum, I'm new here but I've been watching the WWE for 11 years so far. One of the things that gets on my nervs is the fact that Kane has only won 2 World Championships in 13 years of sacrifice in the industry, which I consider greatly unfair. I know that Jacobs has always wanted to put over younger talents, but in the past he's been worthy of carrying the big belt at least 3 or 4 times. The time when he deserved it the most was in 2002 when feuding with HHH. The title was his at No Mercy that year, but no, the boss's son in law had to left the building as the king...one more time, for a change. Nevertheless after 8 years of lame storylines, mid-carding and jobbing he's back (or maybe for the first time) on top.

Edge in 5 years has been 9 times world champion. Cena, the "superman" the same if I'm not mistaken, but what's left for one of the biggest (not only physically) superstars in the WWE? One title run before he retires? Nah! I don't want that, nor the most who follows him, I want more title reings, at least just one more after this one, and a long one as well.

I just want this guy to be rewarded for his talent, loyalty and sacrifice. Come on WWE, put him where he deserves.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree, there are a few guys who haven't got World Title reigns yet either, and they debuted in the 90s or early 2000. It's not fair to them, hopefully Kane's title reign lasts awhile.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's two times too many lol. Besides, being a nine time world champion also means that you've lost it 9 times, too. Cena and Edge have held the title way too many times, I'd much rather see them hold it for like a year instead of winning it and losing it, and winning it back. Sometimes I think the only way they can further a storyline nowadays is by abusing the automatic rematch clause. Infact, that whole thing is one of the things ruining WWE today.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
I just want this guy to be rewarded for his talent, loyalty and sacrifice. Come on WWE, put him where he deserves.
He is being rewarded isn't he? Atleast Kane is getting one last run before he retires, i doubt guys like Christian, Regal and Hardy will even get one reign.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Glen Jacobs should of never become Kane, Issac Yankum would have definetly had a good 5+ title runs by now....or would he? Would we still be saying "Issac Yankum" deserves a few more world title reigns...I don't think we would. It's the WWE who gave him the gimmick of Kane and put him over from the get go, if they don't believe they should put the title on him, then I'm guessing they're right.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
John Cena is WWE's greatest asset, why would you compare him to Kane who has been irrelevant for years?
And Shawn Michaels is a 4 time champion, title reigns mean nothing anyway.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Forum, I'm new here but I've been watching the WWE for 11 years so far. One of the things that gets on my nervs is the fact that Kane has only won 2 World Championships in 13 years of sacrifice in the industry, which I consider greatly unfair. I know that Jacobs has always wanted to put over younger talents, but in the past he's been worthy of carrying the big belt at least 3 or 4 times. The time when he deserved it the most was in 2002 when feuding with HHH. The title was his at No Mercy that year, but no, the boss's son in law had to left the building as the king...one more time, for a change. Nevertheless after 8 years of lame storylines, mid-carding and jobbing he's back (or maybe for the first time) on top.

Edge in 5 years has been 9 times world champion. Cena, the "superman" the same if I'm not mistaken, but what's left for one of the biggest (not only physically) superstars in the WWE? One title run before he retires? Nah! I don't want that, nor the most who follows him, I want more title reings, at least just one more after this one, and a long one as well.

Hope not.

Kane sucks.

John Cena is WWE's greatest asset, why would you compare him to Kane who has been irrelevant for years?
Also Kane is nowhere near as over as Cena.Kane is barely over at all.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
mark henry has been with the wwe since 1996 so why not give him a title reign for his loyalty and sacrifice, oh right because no one cares about henry

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Irrelevant 'cause of the storylines writers give him. Jacobs is way more talented than Cena, and you all know that Cena is loved by kids and teenagers (that's why he's an asset, 'cause WWE is aiming to a younger audience). You can always hear the heat from older guys in the attendance.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
here we go with the kids argument again, so hes hated by the older fans and loved by kids well at least hes getting either massive boos or cheers which means people are interested in him, as oppose to kane were its just "oh well another undertaker fued big deal".

also they gave kane an ecw title run as well

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here we go with the kids argument again, so hes hated by the older fans and loved by kids well at least hes getting either massive boos or cheers which means people are interested in him, as oppose to kane were its just "oh well another undertaker fued big deal".

also they gave kane an ecw title run as well
Not an argument my friend, just opinions. Yeah, people are not that excited when they see Kane 'cause most are kids who go for Cena, and don't know nor care ('cause they're kids)the legacy to say the least that Kane has left in the WWE.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
He's lucky to be a two time champion talent wise. As soon as he lost the mask he lost everything that he had going for him. Masked Kane was such an awesome character that anyone would have become popular playing it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kane isn't that good. He doesn't even deserve this title reign at the moment. This should have been him back in '02.
Yeah! Back in 2002 he should've won it. MMM maybe you're right, I didn't see it coming considering Kane wasn't in the main event few months ago, but now I think he's a believeable champion, more than Swagger, Punk or Mysterio

·
Registered
242 Posts
Here's the deal. People have to realize that titles aren't given out to guys who have put their whole life in to the company, this is a business, they are going to put the titles on people who are either going to 1. Sell tickets 2. Sell merch 3. Get people to watch. I think the best way to show you appreciate a guy like Kane is by keeping him employed all these years, and keeping him on screen consistently so that he gets to make a paycheck. I love Kane, and i am fine with this title reign, i like getting to see him in the spotlight(plus his promos have been so good this time around). By my guess is a guy like Jacobs is more interested in what is best for the company, as well as whether he has a job to provide for his family.

So dont feel bad that Kane has only gotten 2 title runs (its all a story anyways remember?) Just be glad we have gotten to see him work all this time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the deal. People have to realize that titles aren't given out to guys who have put their whole life in to the company, this is a business, they are going to put the titles on people who are either going to 1. Sell tickets 2. Sell merch 3. Get people to watch. I think the best way to show you appreciate a guy like Kane is by keeping him employed all these years, and keeping him on screen consistently so that he gets to make a paycheck. I love Kane, and i am fine with this title reign, i like getting to see him in the spotlight(plus his promos have been so good this time around). By my guess is a guy like Jacobs is more interested in what is best for the company, as well as whether he has a job to provide for his family.

So dont feel bad that Kane has only gotten 2 title runs (its all a story anyways remember?) Just be glad we have gotten to see him work all this time.
Absolutely right ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Irrelevant 'cause of the storylines writers give him. Jacobs is way more talented than Cena, and you all know that Cena is loved by kids and teenagers (that's why he's an asset, 'cause WWE is aiming to a younger audience). You can always hear the heat from older guys in the attendance.
Whether he's getting heat or cheers, at least people care about John Cena. Kane doesn't get either, because nobody cares about what he does. He's been a mediocre wrestler his entire career. He's never changed anything about his already extremely limited move-set. We've been seeing the same chokeslam, tombstone, and throat thrust for years... all of which he took from the Undertaker. We've had to hear the announcers feign excitement for his flying clothesline since he debuted. Ugh.

Everyone in this thread that said "two too many" is right.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts