Wrestling Forum banner

Jungle Boy mocked CM Punk at the scrum

2673 37
Didn’t see anyone talking about this.

Didn’t wash his face for four hours to look just like Punk after All Out and he was eating pancakes. Did he do this to get a pop from the Bucks?
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
16,200 Posts
Okay he got the idea from Punks scrum...that's still what inspired him or in other words gave him the idea. Whether there was malice behind it is who knows. But he obviously got it from Punk and there is nothing wrong with that.
yes thats fine. This is not direct at you but there is people here that are acting like everyone in aew looks up to him and are doing this as some sorta tribute.

· This is my show now
Tom Brady's new wife
3,433 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the Bucks actually bought muffins, but Omega ate them, so they had to search the arena for the pancakes the New Day tossed the last time they were there.

· Registered
16,200 Posts
Im still trying to figure out why anyone would think a fake media scrum is a good idea. Why the owner would sit at a table absolute looking soulless well the wrestlers really just look like clowns in front of "wrestling journalists"

Maybe if it was executed better but its for sure not.

· Registered
20,166 Posts
Im still trying to figure out why anyone would think a fake media scrum is a good idea. Why the owner would sit at a table absolute looking soulless well the wrestlers really just look like clowns in front of "wrestling journalists"

Maybe if it was executed better but its for sure not.

They want it to feel like a real sport like you would see after NFL games or the UFC but it’s mostly fan boys that write articles either asking or making statements that are reminiscent of a sycophantic circle jerk.

· Registered
3,398 Posts
"I offered him pancakes. He said it wasn't enough."
Fuckin lol!

Doubt it was that, but if it was it's again counterproductive.

"Fuck CM Punk" is still a CM Punk chant. It's the same as "Cena sucks". You mistakenly keep that person over.
MJF referencing Punk multiple times at Full Gear still brings attention to Punk.
And this with JB would be the same if that's what happened.

Trust me, it would hurt Punk much more if people stopped giving a shit. Fact is, he is still a hot topic in wrestling and quite clearly AEW hasn't moved on from him yet.
But unless he can turn it into an angle it doesn't really matter.

When he left the first time people felt he was in the right and had been done dirty by WWE and in another instance people chanting "Cena sucks" was the audiences way of voicing that nothing is going to change; but the guy was still wrestling, was already FOTC with no competition in sight, and they never did capitalize on the heat with a turn, so it's whatever; basically just people pissing into the wind.

That Punk chant felt like the audience basically saying that they're done with his bullshit. That isn't a chant that people are going to keep bringing up hoping for a returning hero -- that was an emphatic "fuck you -- stay gone" chant.

I mean if he does end up returning the dude would get nuclear heat as a heel, but that shit seems pretty slim at this point, and tbh, that level of heat might actually turn into go-away heat if he did return. That crowd seemed legitimately pissed.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts