Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA and the WWE are going to merge. I realize the majority of the responses I receive in this thread will range from "Not gonna happen" all the way to "That is some good shit you're smoking, can I have some?" and then the two clever posters quoting those exact quotes. However, at least hear me out on this...

How is the WWE doing right now? Not just in terms of ratings (falling) or merchandise sales (still relatively strong), but in terms of marquee talent? The only "stars" they currenty have under a full time contract are John Cena, CM Punk and to a lesser degree, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and... well that's about it. Lesnar will show up from time to time, Rocky will return whenever the hell he feels like it, Undertaker will work 5 dates a year and then wrestle one match and HHH is halfway retired. The WWE has struggled mightily to create new stars and if John Cena were ever to go down for an extended amount of time, the company would be severly crippled. Who's going to pay money for pay per views with the main event being Randy Orton vs Sheamus or Daniel Bryan vs Lord Tensai? Hell, I'm not even so sure Cena vs Johnny Ace will draw decent numbers. My point being, the WWE needs star power. Just look at the sheer amount of talent that could be aquired through a merger. Hogan, Angle, Hardy, RVD, Sting, Styles, Roode, Storm, Joe, the machine guns, the entire knockouts and X division. The star power and talent would absolutely no longer be a problem. This is why it makes sense from the WWE's standpoint.

Next up we have TNA. How are they doing you ask? Well I'm sure most of you already know. They can barely keep their heads above water financially, they have yet to gain the fanbase to make it viable for them to go on the road or go head to head with the WWE and most importantly, with as much talent as they have gained over the last few years they still haven't found a way to move forward. Then they have the massive contracts of Hogan, Bischoff, Angle, Hardy, etc. Why continue to pay these people that much if your company hasn't made any strides to justify those contracts? This all brings me to my point about how this makes sense for TNA. We all know Dixie is a mark and we all know that she would agree with Hogan and Bishchoff if they told her the sky was red. The only way this merger is going to happen is if they convince her and Bob Carter how it makes financial sense for them to work with Vince. Would you rather be a struggling second rate company that will never be number one or do you want to be part of the biggest angle in professional wrestling history and profit greatly off of it? This is Dixie Carters wet dream come true.

Now onto how I think this will play out starting June 10th at...

Slammiversary 2012 live from the state of Texas. This is TNA's ONLY live broadcast slated for the future. I can't tell you what will happen to close out this broadcast, but something big will happen. Depending what transpires over the next few weeks on Raw, I would place all of my chips on Brock Lesnar arriving after a grueling world heavyweight championship match and leveling both competitors as they go off of the air. Lesnar just "quit" the WWE last week and has repeated multiple times that the WWE needs him a lot more than he needs them. I figure he'll be off of television until around this date anyway, so what better way to begin this angle than to have your biggest star show up at TNA's second biggest pay per view of the year. Lesnar could say TNA had given into all of his demands and that he now wrestles for them and he has no idea Vince has "bought" the company. Either way, something huge will get people talking going into the...

2012 WWE draft taking place 24 hours removed from Slammiversary. Not much needs to be said here other than it could be the most monumental live professional wrestling event of all time. Imagine Raw opening up in chaos backstage. No authority figures to be found and all of the sudden it cuts to the tron where Raw is about to receive it's first draft pick. The ring is empty and the tron shows KURT ANGLE as the
newly aquired talent. The place erupts and now you have almost two and a half more hours to sort through the madness. Book it how you would like. Then you will have a little bit of time before...

WWE "No Way Out". A pay per view that had been shelved for the last three years brought back to specifically take place in June. This will mark the return of the NWO for a second time in WWE history. Hogan and Bischoff were nowhere to be found the night of the draft and Lesnar has been a no show ever since Slammiversary because he knew Vince had bought them out. Lesnar returns with a vengeance flanked by Hogan, Bishchoff, Nash, Waltman and whoever else they add that can actually still wrestle. This will mark a new beginning for professional wrestling and put it back on the map indefinitely. The storylines and opportunities they have for matches will be limitless. That being said, that's just how I would book it. And you can't deny the benefits for both sides.

This is also not to mention all of the weird instances happening lately. One by one, the WWE alumni page is starting to fill with current TNA talent. First Sting a few weeks back and now RVD. Why even give them the slightest bit of recognition? If Jeff Hardy shows up on there anytime soon, it will be an even bigger indicator considering how badly he screwed them around. Then there is the matter of the ominous "revolution" video that WWE has on their website. There have been all sorts of guesses relating to this video, but more than anything it reminds me of the video the NWO returned to the last time in WWE. I just think it feels greater in scope than something like a debuting Dean Ambrose. Then it was announced this week that NXT will start filming all of it's episodes at a Florida university indefinitely. Close to the homebase of TNA and the ultra shitty impact zone. I see Vince sending a lot of the lower end and green talent straight to FCW or as contestants on NXT. And it won't upset the majority of TNA talent as much because they already live nearby. Florida would essentially become the ultimate training ground for professional wrestling. There are other minor instances, but this post is starting to be long winded. I just wanted to try and get across my point as well as possible. So flame away or discuss. Even if this doesn't happen, you can't deny it probably NEEDS to happen in order to revitalize the industry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.