Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- From everyone at Ring of Honor, we send a resounding THANK YOU out to the wonderful fans in Louisville, St. Louis (Collinsville), and Chicago! We can’t begin to tell you all how much we appreciate your tremendous enthusiasm and interaction for the huge tripleshot last weekend, and that said; we can’t wait for the next go-round! ROH returns to Chicago on Saturday, October 16, and tickets are on sale now at http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=296!

- ROH World Champion Tyler Black held off Kevin Steen in a bloody classic last Saturday night in Chicago. Both men left the Windy City bruised and battered, perhaps Steen more than Black, and people are wondering what Kevin Steen said to Black just after the two unexpectedly followed the Code of Honor following the bout. ROH video cameras were rolling and we will have that footage in an upcoming Videowire. Tyler Black, meanwhile, is looking to continue his incredible roll as of late. “I feel like I’ve come into my own,” Black told ROHWrestling.com. “I’m focused like never before, and things are clicking on all cylinders right now. But I know the target firmly remain on my chest, and the challenges will never stop. I’ve put down Richards, I’ve beaten Steen, and there are a couple more names that I know will have to be shut down before it’s all said and done. I’m a machine, this war rages on, and I’m ready for them all.”

- The Saga of Steen and Generico may actually be further from resolution today than it was just one week ago. ‘Hate: Chapter II’ took place last Friday night in suburban St. Louis and those in attendance saw a war unfold before their eyes. Just as Generico had Steen where he wanted, “Mr. Wrestling” launched a chair into the face of a flying Generico to illicit a disqualification. But that only fueled the fire. What followed next was a building wide brawl that saw both men fight all over the Gateway Center with referees and other wrestlers falling victim to the barrage of both warriors including Kevin Steen attacking Colt Cabana once again with a steel chain during the melee and leaving him lacerated. Just as happened at ‘Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies II’ (now available on DVD at http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=559), the fight even went back up the camera scaffolding, putting both men in terrible danger. This round of hatred ended with El Generico standing tall, but left more questions than answers. What is next for these men; and what will Steve Corino have to say since he wasn’t there to ‘guide’ Steen? El Generico figuratively won Round Two. Will there be a Round Three?

- The opening round of ‘Tag Wars 2010’ is in the books and only six teams remain! You now have the opportunity to voice your opinion on how the Ultimate Endurance final round should be played out. Send an email to [email protected] and let us know how you want Ultimate Endurance to go down on August 28th when Ring of Honor returns to Charlotte, NC. For the first time, your voice can be heard and your choice can become reality. Four teams will enter Ultimate Endurance in Charlotte, and only one can walk out the World Tag Team Champions. Updated Tag Wars brackets can be found at http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-wars-2010/ and now is the time to let your voice be heard!!!

- ATTENTION LOUISVILLE: Do you want Ring of Honor back in your neck of the woods? We had a great time at the “Bluegrass Brawl”, and we’re willing if you’re willing! Tell us what you think at www.facebook.com/ringofhonor, and we’ll have news on this as it develops!

- ROH returns to the Arena in South Philly to tape six more weeks of the best wrestling on television on August 20th and 21st! Signed to appear: ROH World Champion Tyler Black, ROH World Tag Team Champions the King of Wrestling, ROH World Television Champion Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels, The Super Smash Brothers, and El Generico! More names are coming and tickets are on sale now! Get yours today at http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=cat&cat=30 and be there live!

- The American Wolves find themselves in an interesting situation. Eddie Edwards is the World Television champion, allegedly struggling to find appropriate challengers for the title. Davey Richards is just off a World Title loss in a classic to Tyler Black. Now they seem to have dismissed long-time manager Shane Hagadorn. After the Wolves suffered a loss to Colt Cabana and El Generico last Saturday night in Chicago, Hagadorn approached Richards and Edwards as they came back down the aisle following the bout. What happened next is surely something the Hagadorn hopes he soon forgets. Richards unleashed on Hagadorn a swift and decisive assault, leaving Hagadorn down in the aisle with Edwards repeatedly telling him that “it isn’t the right time”. Notably absent from the altercation were Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli, who went on to beat GenerationMe in the next bout. “It isn’t my place to comment on what’s going on there,” Hero told ROHWrestling.com. “It’s my job to concentrate on the World Tag Team Titles and being the best Tag Team on Earth. Everything else is a non-priority.” More on this as it develops.

- ROH Officials are close to making a major announcement for ‘Glory By Honor IX’. Tickets for this huge event are going fast and may not be available at the door on 9/11. Go to http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=387 and act now before they’re gone! If you can’t be in the Big Apple, be with us LIVE via WORLDWIDE iPPV through our friends at GoFightLive! Check out http://www.gofightlive.tv/showEvent.do?eventId=733 for info on how to order the iPPV, and please stay tuned to ROHWrestling.com for more.

- Injury Update from last Saturday in Chicago: Grizzly Redwood needed 10 staples to close a wound near his temple suffered as a result of a vicious uppercut from the Necro Butcher. He is not expected to miss any time. Senior official Todd Sinclair suffered a moderately pulled groin during the event. He is also not expected to miss time. Mike Sydal underwent a CAT scan following being knocked unconscious against Jay Bradley, and we’re happy to report that Sydal is expected to fully recover from the resulting concussion and that his CAT found no abnormalities. Thank you to all who offered well wishes to these competitors at www.twitter.com/rohonhdnet and at www.facebook.com/ringofhonor.

- Did you see Roderick Strong defeat Christopher Daniels last night on HDNet? We doubt there will be a better wrestling match on television this week. If you don’t get HDNet, call your local cable provider and DEMAND to see Ring of Honor – the ONLY hour of professional wrestling on every Monday night!

- We’ll be back later this week with more names for our return to South Philly in August, as well as more matches for our Richmond/Charlotte doubleshot on August 27/28!

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I'm really looking forward to hearing what the main events are announced for the upcoming ppv in September for ROH. Even with Richards losing I think there's still a good chance he could get a rematch with maybe it being 2 out of 3 falls or just another match. As far as The Wolves vs. Kings of Wrestling goes I guess that would be a difficult task to book something any differently with the Briscoes feud being over now. All Night Express, Lynn and Delirious and anybody else just wouldn't be as great unless ROH went out and got a tag team from another indy fed. I'd like to see the Briscoes have another bloody type of match but that is obviously not going to happen.

I think if it isn't Richards/Black again or Black/Steen or Black/Daniels I would love to see a dream match. Black vs. KENTA. Damn that would be a great match.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Black vs. KENTA. Damn that would be a great match.
That match already took place last year at End Of An Age. At the time I didn't really get its greatness, but whatever. I doubt we're going to see KENTA in ROH anytime soon anyway.

Personally, I'd love to see Daniels challenge Black for the title and finally win it. But considering everything that's going on, it will most likely be Richards vs. Daniels.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I think it'll be Daniels/Richards at GBH, which would probably mean Black/Strong as well. Not keen on seeing that again so soon, but the rumored tag main and Steen/Corino vs. Generico/Cabana in another bloody war should more then make up for it.

And did anyone mention Aries in Haze's outfit last weekend:

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
I think it'll be Daniels/Richards at GBH, which would probably mean Black/Strong as well. Not keen on seeing that again so soon, but the rumored tag main and Steen/Corino vs. Generico/Cabana in another bloody war should more then make up for it.

And did anyone mention Aries in Haze's outfit last weekend:

I am speechless after seeing that picture.

I can't wait for them to start announcing matches for GBH. I'm expecting a good card as Evolve has Bryan Danielson wrestling for them that same day in Rahway and ROH is going to want to blow them out of the water.

There are a lot of things that they can do for the show but I hope that they give NYC Wolves/Kings and throw Boston a well deserved bone the night before and give them Daniels/Richards.

And I only want to see Strong challenge for the title if he's finally going to win it.

·
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY
5,247 Posts
That A-Double pic is epic. Seriously, best character in wrestling right now.

As for GBH, I think they'll go with Richards/Daniels and Black/Strong III, because I think people might feel a little bit anti-climactic if they hold of the former for too long, plus it allows them to end Black's feud with Strong so Tyler can concentrate more on Steen, Richards and Daniels. It might all depend on who they have for The Kings to face though. If they do indeed have the WGTT then the two matches previously mentioned (plus another Steen/Generico bout) will likely happen. Fingers crossed for that, as I'm not keen on another Kings/Briscoes match, and Wolves/Kings should be saved for FB after sufficient build.

·
Banned
347 Posts
i honestly think nyc should get davey and daniels not boston.anyway the card for this show is definetely gonna be awesome and like one of you said they are definetely gonna wanna blow evolves awesome card out of the water so this show is probably gonna be roh show of the year. i pray we dont see wgtt i mean i like shelton benjamin and charlie hass a little bit but they need some time to get out of the wwe style.look what happened when ken doane had a match with dgusa last year at the first show the match sucked. i hope the 3 main events are.

1.davey richards vs christopher daniels
2.kow vs the briscoes-ladder war tag titles
3.roderick strong vs tyler black-30 minute iron man match for the roh title

and the return of the american dragon bryan danielson or something just as big i cant wait 2nd row balcony gonna be an amazing show i cant wait!

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
No more Iron Man matches. Ever.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Yeah but if NYC even smells another time limit draw or and Iron Man match going 0-0 they'll go insane, and that's on top of the Black hate.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Time limit draws are fine with me because they don't tell the audience beforehand when exactly the match will end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts