Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
40,723 Posts
I don't know why anyone predicts this or anyone believes any prediction. I mean I do because of hubris or it's a con. People always want to believe.

As far as I remember from actually reading Revelation, it explicitly states that humans cannot know when this stuff is going to go down. God did not leave hints. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly it's been a long time and I am not a Christian anymore.

I wonder if Jack Van Impe is still alive.

He is! :sundin

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I'm a landlord who collects the rent on the 15th of every month. If a tenant of mine tries to say, "It's not the end of the world if I pay you a couple days late", I will say, "It is!", and demand payment on the spot.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I for one am a believer. People said CM Punk wouldn't disappear with the WWE Championship on July 17th, look how that turned out.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,687 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,687 Posts
Absolutely Climate Change is real and happening. I don't believe that the models that are being used to generate apocalyptic end of the world scenarios in particular are fool proof.
What are we calling "apocalyptic"? It seems pretty indisputable that polar ice caps are melting and sea levels are rising because these things have been directly measured. The models that show sea levels rising that will displace a billion people living in coastal areas seem very sensible to me. If you can buy at least that much you have to realize that the displacement of that many people itself is practically apocalyptic, it'll put strains on food and water sources, governments and infrastructure, there will be humanitarian crises that'll make caged babies look like child's play, and most likely war. That's even before you take into account the increased storms, droughts, and once in a century weather phenomenon like last winter's polar vortex, and the massive dying of sea life.

Will it be apocalyptic as in the majority of humanity dying off, maybe not, but shit is certainly going to be hard and millions of people are going to die.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
I don't know why anyone predicts this or anyone believes any prediction. I mean I do because of hubris or it's a con. People always want to believe.

As far as I remember from actually reading Revelation, it explicitly states that humans cannot know when this stuff is going to go down. God did not leave hints. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly it's been a long time and I am not a Christian anymore.

I wonder if Jack Van Impe is still alive.

He is! :sundin
The verse you're thinking of isn't really in relevation.

Matthew 24:36 ESV
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

There's also another verse that references this too

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
And there are hints per say just no one can know the exact time like how some Christians believe :lol

Just a few verses beforein Matthew Jesus says what to look out for

Matt 24:3-14
As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away[a] and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
A lot of it is general bad stuff that has happened all over history :lol but I suppose one can make the argument it's more apparent now than ever before with instant information and the media. I will say verse 9 to 14 kind of debunks the whole rapture too (The rapture isn't really referenced in the Bible). With the whole left behind nonsence eh
Where people become belivers become Christians after the rapture and experience tribulation. But the whole tribulation isn't a whole lot different to how the early Church was anyway :shrug.

But yeah I'm just an agnostic who grew up in a very Evangelical family but still finds theology interesting :lol

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Not another apocalypse announcement. I don't think it will ever happen and if it did, we'd probably be all dead before it does. I've seen so many of those videos on Youtube or even announcements on Television that's just weird for me. If every country in the world that had nukes decided to launch it on July 17th then yeah maybe, at least it is somewhat plausible or if there was some huge meteor that's going to hit planet Earth which will cause widespread damage then yeah maybe. WW1/WW2 didn't end the world maybe WW3 would? Then again, with the way things are in this world, I can't blame these people to wish the "Rapture" to happen because they probably believe that this world needs a big reset.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Damn, now I've only got 5 days to get Bliss all over my face.

·
Registered
454 Posts
No. There are two things that need to happen first. Firstly, the Dome of the Rock needs to be torn down and replaced with the new Temple of Solomon and secondly the Antichrist needs to stop the two daily sacrifices (morning and evening) and declare himself as god in the flesh inside the same temple that needs to be built after dying and coming back to life like Christ did in the four gospels.

KJV 2Thess chapter 2 said:
Chapter 2

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, <- Rapture

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; The Apostle Paul telling that Jesus Christ cannot come back until certain things happening first.

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Where the Antichrist says he is Jesus Christ in the temple that hasn't been rebuilt yet and deceives the whole world.
The rest of the chapter tells how Satan enters into the Antichrist when he is shot in the head and revives him after three days, like Jesus Christ.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
No. There are two things that need to happen first. Firstly, the Dome of the Rock needs to be torn down and replaced with the new Temple of Solomon and secondly the Antichrist needs to stop the two daily sacrifices (morning and evening) and declare himself as god in the flesh inside the same temple that needs to be built after dying and coming back to life like Christ did in the four gospels.

The rest of the chapter tells how Satan enters into the Antichrist when he is shot in the head and revives him after three days, like Jesus Christ.
Sooooo... we’re safe for now?

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,163 Posts
I'm a Christian but I'm not one for church it's a load of shit , it's the New Testament changed the first bible to distain this , I'm 35 on the 17th .

Peace.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Lol seems like a lot of people don't understand the concept of the rapture. The day of the rapture doesn't mean the end of the world. It's just when believers would be raptured and sent to heaven. Just the world would turn to chaos after that. The beast/ antiChrist will introduce a one world government globalists could only dream of. The mark of the beast 666 will be used in trade some Christians believe it will be like a microchip planted in your body to pay for stuff.

You have the seven years of tribulation where Christians (people who became Christians after the rapture or if the rapture doesn't happen a lot of Christians don't believe in the rapture too or at least pre tribulation rapture) will suffer.

Then to end you have the battle of Armageddon which is basically like a world war where the Anti Christ tries to fight God.

So yeah even if July 17th is the rapture you're probably going to be OK for atleast another 10 years.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Nothing to fear from catastrophic or world ending supernatural events for at earliest 3 1/2 years. Although I honestly would give it closer to two decades at earliest with how the world is currently.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts