Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed his Performance against Percy Watson and found it funny to see him boo'd.
The brief chants were great.
Chance he'll go true face if this keeps up, or do you think he will be another Daniel Bryan (which isna good thing).

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Another Daniel Bryan isn't a good thing? He'll never reach Bryan's level.

Don't watch NXT, but I doubt it's that big of a deal. Once in a while, Ziggler gets chants, but not enough to turn him face.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
JTG gets cheered on NXT pretty often. He got a big pop at the last show I attended. Part of it is that fans automatically cheer for people they recognize, and JTG used to be on tv all the time. Percy is pretty crap all around.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i never understood why so many iwc members hate jtg ... its not like hes horrible ... he can sell great .. hes already proven he can get a crowd behind him ... he is a decent wrestler ... he is decent on the mic ... basically he is an all around performer.... would love to hear some feed back or opinions

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
i never understood why so many iwc members hate jtg ... its not like hes horrible ... he can sell great .. hes already proven he can get a crowd behind him ... he is a decent wrestler ... he is decent on the mic ... basically he is an all around performer.... would love to hear some feed back or opinions
Probably because they never got over "Cryme Tyme." The fact that JTG had the same look forever probably didn't help.

I find JTG to be solid in every area. Generally, he's more talented (in multiple areas) than the random guys he puts over. He's a lot like Primo in that regard, even if I think Primo's a better performer.

There's that part of the IWC that wants everyone who isn't being used a lot/pushed to be released. That idea is rather stupid, but what can you do?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
JTG is a lot like R-Truth was, in that they were held down so much that people really started to believe they were lacking in talent. And it's just not true. Truth proved it wrong during his heel run, and JTG showed what he could do during Cryme Tyme.

JTG is one of the better mic workers in WWE. Not the best, but he's at least in the top half. And he's very charismatic. He's a solid wrestler too by WWE standards.

He's one of the few guys on the roster who can get a reaction as face or heel, without strong booking or a good storyline.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
So many people disliked JTG because he had an awful gimmick.

JTG is a lot like R-Truth was, in that they were held down so much that people really started to believe they were lacking in talent. And it's just not true. Truth proved it wrong during his heel run, and JTG showed what he could do during Cryme Tyme.

JTG is one of the better mic workers in WWE. Not the best, but he's at least in the top half. And he's very charismatic. He's a solid wrestler too by WWE standards.

He's one of the few guys on the roster who can get a reaction as face or heel, without strong booking or a good storyline.
Can't argue with that. However, he just needs to find a good character.

·
Registered
75 Posts
JTG reaching a D-Bry standard is a no-no

Surely, I was confused by that reaction on NXT yesterday. JTG is a great worker but WWE has certainly booked him as a jobber right now. If I give him a push, I would like for him to be a joke character like Santino, maybe? I really miss the old "Cryme Tyme" days or making him partner
with R-truth perhaps?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never liked his gimmiks, but in saying that i prefer them to R-Truths. Would rather see more of him than R-Truth

·
Registered
241 Posts
Probably because they never got over "Cryme Tyme." The fact that JTG had the same look forever probably didn't help.

I find JTG to be solid in every area. Generally, he's more talented (in multiple areas) than the random guys he puts over. He's a lot like Primo in that regard, even if I think Primo's a better performer.

There's that part of the IWC that wants everyone who isn't being used a lot/pushed to be released. That idea is rather stupid, but what can you do?
word ... with raw going 3 hours im hoping these mid carders finally get some time to show they have talent ....

(Y) exactly ... good take
So many people disliked JTG because he had an awful gimmick.
props on the answer & not coming with some crap like hes a jobber he sucks & giving no reason

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
His reaction to Brodus Clay's dancing was the only moment of enjoyment I've ever gotten out of a Brodus Clay segment.

(besides Cameron's utter hotness)

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
JTG is a good wrestler with a bad gimmick. His Cryme time gimmick was heavyly outdated, so it's good they got rid of it, but his new one is another generic heel wearing black leather and doing nothing outside the ring. Fail.

Like Kidd he is best in the tag team division, and if he could find the right partner and manager, then he could go far.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
JTG is a good wrestler with a bad gimmick. His Cryme time gimmick was heavyly outdated, so it's good they got rid of it, but his new one is another generic heel wearing black leather and doing nothing outside the ring. Fail.

Like Kidd he is best in the tag team division, and if he could find the right partner and manager, then he could go far.
They actually were giving JTG some personality outside of the ring, but then the plug got pulled on doing actual storylines for NXT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts