Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear, the ending became a whole lot better because of his announcing. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying it had an old school vibe to it. Seriously, JR is the best.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
I've missed hearing that JR voice. It amplifies anything that's happening in the ring, it's truly amazing.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,372 Posts
I didn't watch the PPV, but it's no surprise that JR's work puts a better spin on things. Things just seem more important and memorable when Ross puts it over.

One bit of awesome JR work I'll always remember is when The Undertaker returned at Judgment Day in 2000 during the HHH/Rock Iron Man match.

"What's this? What's going on? Wait, it's...it's...it's The Undertaker!!! It's The UNDERTAKER! HE'S COMING FOR MCMAHON!!! THE UNDERTAKER IS WHIPPING ASS!!!"

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
JR had been phoning it in for a few years before he got ill so losing him from the booth didn't seem such a big deal but last night he was very old school in his reactions, I totally agree, he made it better

·
Registered
186 Posts
I didn't watch the PPV, but it's no surprise that JR's work puts a better spin on things. Things just seem more important and memorable when Ross puts it over.

One bit of awesome JR work I'll always remember is when The Undertaker returned at Judgment Day in 2000 during the HHH/Rock Iron Man match.

"What's this? What's going on? Wait, it's...it's...it's The Undertaker!!! It's The UNDERTAKER! HE'S COMING FOR MCMAHON!!! THE UNDERTAKER IS WHIPPING ASS!!!"
OMGGGGG IT'S CARNAGE!!!!!

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,372 Posts
That's one of the great things about having JR in the booth today. He's old school and he's all about calling the match, so him talking over whatever is going on with Cole and Booker or Lawler and getting back to the actual match taking place is greatly appreciated by this fan. Cole is always too busy trying to get himself over instead of the guys in the ring.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I laughed when he put Cole in place.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
It's tough on commentary with Cole, because it seems that JR just waits around for Cole to stop talking before he even considers speaking on subject, however he exchanges control of the booth with Booker T as he commentates and they flow like it's nothing. I think his old-school intuition kicked in at the end and allowed him to control that mufucka flawlessly last night.

I see JR as more of an informed fan and Cole as someone who is just doing his job.

Hell, give me Striker or Styles (even though he's not interested) back over Cole.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I liked Michael Cole as a face commentator but now he seems so interested in antagonising everyone very little he says makes sense anymore, normally from a heel that's ok but when he's the head announcer it just doesn't sit right

·
Registered
491 Posts
Jim Ross is the greatest play by play man this side of Gorilla and Solie.

Ross puts over in-ring talent the way it's supposed to be.

Know why the viewing audience doesn't care about most of the roster? It's because Michael Cole doesn't put any in-ring talent over.

Jim Ross as primary play by play, instantly gives the perception of your roster credibility.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
JR made me mark out. He made that segment. I hope he stays this way and brings the epic back to Raw. It's amazing how much value he can add to a moment.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,782 Posts
I absolutely loved JR's commentary during the aftermatch of the WWE Championship match, especially the remarks he made about raising the cell and Miz and R-Truth attacking the cameramen. If it weren't for him, that ending segment would not have been as thrilling as it was.

Oh, and who could ever forget....

"MILK-O-MANIA IS RUNNING WIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!"
Adding to that...

"THE BILLION-DOLLAR PRINCESS HAS BECOME A DAIRY QUEEN!!!"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts