Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/ou-texas-falloutjr-nycpressures-wwedusty-rhodesadrian-petersonshop-jrs-online

With the overall lack of main event depth in WWE these days, now would be the perfect time to get someone on a roll...attempt to get them hot and see if the individual can connect with the audience. One can always audible out of it but this matter can't be determined in a few weeks no matter how sage like some feel that they may be in determining such.

It's a process that is largely determined by the live audience's reaction over time.

All sports, or entertainment, fans want to support the 'stars' and 'stars,' IE heroes, and all have similar traits. They win more than they lose, they somehow eventually overcome when the odds are the greatest against them and they never quit. All these traits endears them to the audience. Fans can identify with winning. Loses become significant moments and not every other week occurrences.

50/50 booking helps NO one.

Those trying to re-invent the "booking" wheel and who refuse or simply ignore basic psychology and human emotions are foolish or naive or...gasp... egomaniacal.

Box office receipts and PPV numbers should convince any one who professes that the fine line between good and evil need not exist.
He used to say that it was up to the talent to rise to the occasion if they wanted to main event. Now he takes aim at the booking. Guess he's starting to give his real opinion now that he doesn't have to toe the company line. Wonder if he meant Vince, Steph, Triple H, or all three with the foolish, naive, or egomaniacal line.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
I agree with him, right now they have

Cena as the top guy
Randy trying to re-establish himself as a top heel
Punk working with jobbers, diminishing his own position as a main eventer
Bryan being pushed, if they don't fuck it up they have another star
Sheamus who's injured, and just boring
Big Show who is well over the hill

An uninspiring group of main eventers on the whole. Hopefully the shield can get to the top of the card as individuals, I'd also like to see strong pushes for Cesaro and Rhodes.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/ou-texas-falloutjr-nycpressures-wwedusty-rhodesadrian-petersonshop-jrs-online

He used to say that it was up to the talent to rise to the occasion if they wanted to main event. Now he takes aim at the booking. Guess he's starting to give his real opinion now that he doesn't have to toe the company line. Wonder if he meant Vince, Steph, Triple H, or all three with the foolish, naive, or egomaniacal line.
the booking has been horrible the past 3 months.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ooooh! Vince and Co. are gonna need some ice for that burn. Nice to see JR finally dropping some truth instead of toeing the company line like he used to before he "retired." He's absolutely right, btw.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Ooooh! Vince and Co. are gonna need some ice for that burn. Nice to see JR finally dropping some truth instead of toeing the company line like he used to before he "retired." He's absolutely right, btw.
Yeah I'm glad to it was like what came out of his mouth was faxed through by Vince

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
647 Posts
I agree with him, right now they have

Cena as the top guy
Randy trying to re-establish himself as a top heel
Punk working with jobbers, diminishing his own position as a main eventer
Bryan being pushed, if they don't fuck it up they have another star
Sheamus who's injured, and just boring
Big Show who is well over the hill

An uninspiring group of main eventers on the whole. Hopefully the shield can get to the top of the card as individuals, I'd also like to see strong pushes for Cesaro and Rhodes.
You can add in Kane, Ryback, Del Rio & Henry to the list of main eventers as well.

Then there is the group such as Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Swagger, Sandow, Barrett & the aforementioned Cesaro & Rhodes (even Mysterio if he's fit & healthy, but that's a big if...) which can be slotted into the main event with a little effort (see Swagger's world title push from earlier this year) based on their prior achievements. The Shield can probably be included in this group too.

Triple H, Lesnar, Jericho & RVD can also be included (albeit not on a full-time basis).

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
You can add in Kane, Ryback, Del Rio & Henry to the list of main eventers as well.

Then there is the group such as Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Swagger, Sandow, Barrett & the aforementioned Cesaro & Rhodes (even Mysterio if he's fit & healthy, but that's a big if...) which can be slotted into the main event with a little effort (see Swagger's world title push from earlier this year) based on their prior achievements. The Shield can probably be included in this group too.

Triple H, Lesnar, Jericho & RVD can also be included (albeit not on a full-time basis).
Hmm, I'll add ADR, even though he is a disaster despite getting every push under the sun, Kane has been a mid carder for years, Henry even though I really like him, has only had a short time at the top, now his days are numbered, and Ryback is a bit of a joke now.

Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Swagger, Sandow and Barrett are all jobbers too. (Miz and Swagger should stay the same)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hmm, I'll add ADR, even though he is a disaster despite getting every push under the sun, Kane has been a mid carder for years, Henry even though I really like him, has only had a short time at the top, now his days are numbered, and Ryback is a bit of a joke now.

Miz, Ziggler, Christian, Swagger, Sandow and Barrett are all jobbers too. (Miz and Swagger should stay the same)
If you can include Big Show in the original list, then you can include Henry & Kane. All three have followed similar paths in terms of rising from the midcard and back; give it a few months and Show will be dropping down the card again.

As I already said, Ziggler, Christian et al. can all be raised to main event level with a little bit of effort from the booking team. All you need to do is call back to their past achievments, give them a bit of momentum on the weekly shows and a few big wins and voila! Just look at the pushes Swagger & Christian recieved this year. It just sucks that the WWE can't keep these pushes consistent beyond a couple of months...

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,462 Posts
yep, JR basically thinks that they're ruining Bryan, which they kind of are. Having the McMahons on TV just ruins it for everyone.
Yep because the McMahons ruined Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and Mankind...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I´d say the worst part of the product right now is the midcard. There are no interesting feuds going on in the midcard most of the time and they usually use them as jobbers. Of course, the main event is also sort of fucked up when the part-timers leave, but that´s what happens when you focus all your product in them. You´ll have some strong months when they are around and then feel the lack of star power in your full time roster.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I'd like to see what the Shield can do without having the others getting involved. From the little I have seen of them doing one on one matches, they have some ability (My personal opinion anyway). Dean Ambrose is the stand out one for me.

But yes, apart from the current guys I cannot see anyone on the roster at the minute that in 20 or 30 years time I see being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Not on merit anyway.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Gonna be interesting to hear more of JR's thoughts now that he doesn't have to worry about reprecussions from Vince lol.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I disagree with a lot of what JR said here. For some reason people think everything should be formulaic in wrestling. The bad guys have to cheat, the good guys have to win a lot, etc.

No. Parody makes for good wrestling. The unpredictable, not knowing who is going to win and lose makes for good wrestling.

I will say this, you don't want to put your fans in a position where one guy HAS TO WIN. Where it sucks if one guy doesn't win.

But no, you don't want one guy winning all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Yep because the McMahons ruined Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and Mankind...
Except they refuse to look weak nowadays and humiliate themselves.

For fucks sake Big Show gets revenge on HHH before fucking Daniel Bryan does...

In fact it feels like Steph/HHH have had more interaction with fucking Big Show than Bryan or Orton right now. They're supposed to be making Orton/and Bryan look good.

Why treat Orton like shit at the beginning? Orton isn't supposed to be sympathetic, HHH treating him like shit will do just that. Then just stripping him of the title, man Bryan looks like a bitch right now, he's fighting for a spot as "The face of WWE" yet WWE doesn't have a face right now. Orton looks only like a lackey, and Cena is coming back already. Which means WWE will either have to just ignore Cena, or have them say they don't want Cena as a face anymore,or have Cena defeat Steph/HHH.

I just don't see WWE keeping Cena on the sidelines fighting for the WHC while Steph/HHH keep saying Daniel Bryan isn't the face of the WWE, while they

a) have no champion
b) make Orton the champ thus, "Face of WWE" but continue to treat him like a bitch

No fucking way, either way Cena is gonna get involved in this smfh. They can't just not have John Cena the face of WWE for 8 years, just take a backseat to Randy Orton being the new face.

You think

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
the writing is just shitty. I can't figure out if they're just keeping Bryan in the title hunt to appease the fans or what? but inserting him in there and NOT giving him a lengthy run with the title is kind of disturbing in the sense that they're wasting their time with a storyline that had no meaning. The storyline doesn't make any sense now, because it looks like it was created for Big Show and only Big Show....Nobody is watching due to the confusion. I'm sure they know this but they could care less.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts