Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lol just watched Superstars and Josh wasn't there, and Cole said it was because he was still recovering from what Brock did to him. Lol he got threw into a freaking curtain! a curtain! not through a wall. Do they not see how ridiculous it is to carry him out on a stretcher and keep him off TV because he's still "recovering" all because he was barely threw into a curtain?

I get that they're trying to make Brock this unstable reckless monster but damn couldn't they have had Josh take a more devastating hit? like a powerbomb through a table or something? least that would be more believable to injure him than a slight toss into a curtain. Hell Cole got his ass beat by Austin on SD years ago and got beat all to hell and was still on the show the next week. This is making Josh look like the biggest pussy ever.

·
"This is real..."
1,202 Posts
It's to sell the fact that Brock is suppose to be a short-fused monster who can destroy anyone he wants. At least that's what I assume they're trying to accomplish.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ryder was out with a Broken back and wrestled at Mania. Same injury HBK had and missed 4 years?
That doesn't even compare to the stupidity of being taken out by being threw into a curtain. Also they explained it wasn't a broken back a week or so after it happened to Ryder i believe because they realized how stupid it would look for him to return a month or 2 later.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lol just watched Superstars and Josh wasn't there, and Cole said it was because he was still recovering from what Brock did to him. Lol he got threw into a freaking curtain! a curtain! not through a wall. Do they not see how ridiculous it is to carry him out on a stretcher and keep him off TV because he's still "recovering" all because he was barely threw into a curtain?

I get that they're trying to make Brock this unstable reckless monster but damn couldn't they have had Josh take a more devastating hit? like a powerbomb through a table or something? least that would be more believable to injure him than a slight toss into a curtain. Hell Cole got his ass beat by Austin on SD years ago and got beat all to hell and was still on the show the next week. This is making Josh look like the biggest pussy ever.
No not really, recovered or not if you get permission from a doctor to take time off work due to injury and get paid to sit on your ass than why wouldn't you do it? Sometimes people wind up getting to take more time off then they actually need. Nothing wrong with that. In kayfabe land Josh mathews is probably sitting on his couch enjoying his liquor basket.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
loll , that reminded me of the time Edge stole ADR's poster from a valet , and all edge did was take the poster and literally just shove him gently with the back of his ankle , and the guy sold it as if he was stabbed 15 times :lmao

anyone got a video of that ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, I suppose this is why he wasn't tough enough.
Speaking of tough enough what ever happen to maven, thought that kid was pretty damn good, right after he got a shot at the belt they kicked his ass to the curb

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Herniated disc, changed it the same week when they realized how dumb they looked.
What the fuck is up with your signature pic?

On subject does anybody really care about Josh Matthews? He's one of the worst announcers of all time calling matches and holding the mic for other wrestlers. I guess ESPN doesn't hire midgets.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Speaking of tough enough what ever happen to maven, thought that kid was pretty damn good, right after he got a shot at the belt they kicked his ass to the curb
I remember reading that apparently he had an ego? Plus, no one really cared about him after a while. He turned heel, which was kind of bad, and eventually faded away. And arrested recently, for what I think was drug charges?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I remember reading that apparently he had an ego? Plus, no one really cared about him after a while. He turned heel, which was kind of bad, and eventually faded away. And arrested recently, for what I think was drug charges?
Man that kid had so much damn potential it was insane.

Probably the best drop kicks in the business.

I did hear they offered him a contract for ecw but turned it down but then said he wants back.

Hope he returns at one point

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Spoilers: JOSH WILL RETURN AND CAUSE LESNAR THE MATCH ON SUNDAY!

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Totally expect to see a sheepish looking Matthews in neck brace and arm in a sling next week while humbly asking for an interview with the star of Raw Starring Brock Lesner.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts