Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may not be saying much, but he is.

Jerry Lawler- I respect him, but for everything he's done before. Now? All he does is say "OOH" and "OUCH" and laughs sometimes.

Matt Striker- Has more wrestling knowledge, but comes across as a douche and is really annoying at times. It sounds like he tries way too hard sometimes.

Todd Grisham- He's not terrible, just average.

Michael Cole- Do i even have to say why? This guy is supposed to be a play by play commentator on RAW but he seems to do color commentary all the time.

Josh Matthews is good. He's not annoying, he isn't completely clueless about wrestling and its history, he calls moves correctly, he's witty, and he manages to make Michael Cole entertaining. Seriously, you'd be lying if you said the Cole/Matthews announce team on NXT isn't the best in WWE today.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Cole on Raw is horrible, Cole on NXT is OK.

My theory? VKM in his ear a lot more on Mondays as it's the flagship show.

Seriously, listen to VKM on the mic back in the day and listen to Cole. The similarities are scary. Cole is VKM reborn on Raw.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i agree. striker is up there though. but cole and mathews on nxt are awesome together. i'm hoping lawler is the GM of raw and mathews and cole at the table.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Cole on Raw is horrible, Cole on NXT is OK.

My theory? VKM in his ear a lot more on Mondays as it's the flagship show.

Seriously, listen to VKM on the mic back in the day and listen to Cole. The similarities are scary. Cole is VKM reborn on Raw.
agreed. however the difference is vince made you believe...with cole, you just want him to stfu.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Striker will always have a place in my heart for managing to get "OHHHHHH KTFO!!!!" on to a PPV when Show knocked MVP out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Cole will be GM of Raw and then Matthews may end up takin his place at the table, he filled in for King there recently did he not ? Maybe that was testing the waters, though albeit with a different pattern

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Once Michael Cole takes his place as GM, then Mike Adamle can come back and take his rightful place as play by play commentator!

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I do actually agree with this. Matthews has really grown into his role as the announcer on NXT. Srangely, as annoying as Cole is on RAW, he works far better in a partnership with Matthews where they have witty banter and Cole doesn't sound so false. I wouldn't mind these two announcing RAW, King is past it and sounds absolutely terrible week after week.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree, Grisham is the only announcer that doesn't make me cringe every week. Cole is way more entertaining on NXT than he is on Raw also.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Matthews is by far the best commentator right now. He has really come a long way and I would find it very fitting if he took over Cole's spot as lead announcer on RAW.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
He easily is the best commentator. Overall he is a decent guy, but he pretty much wins because all the others are terrible. Although I guess Grisham is ok.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts