Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the long-lost entity Joseph Park returned as JB's attorney, and I was quite intrigued.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first incarnation of Joseph Park. He's just a very quirky character, and Chris plays him so very well.

and while the story was obvious as far as Abyss and Park were both the same, it was stretched out over a long period, and kept interesting with different aspects week to week. The feud with Eric Young to bring Park to realize he was, indeed, Abyss was great.

Which brings us to present day. There are certainly some questions to be answered. How is Joseph Park back? Did Abyss stop taking his meds?

This is where suspension of disbelief comes into play. Maybe we'll get an explanation of how Joseph Park is even capable of existing, even though Abyss knows the truth. Maybe we won't. Maybe it will just be a cold introduction, that doesn't completely add up, but yet still is pushed.

While I so often demand that things make sense in wrestling, on this one, I'd be willing to give a momentary pass, as long as the angle proceeds.

Of course, the questions going forward are:

1. Who will Josh's partner be.
2. What will happen to Joseph Park when he gets busted open.

As far as #1 , I'm going to assume Josh will try to recruit Abyss, making the matchup Joseph Park & JB vs. Josh Matthews and Abyss.

This could set up something we've never seen before in wrestling.. one wrestler, playing 2 personas in a tag team match on opposing teams. And yes, this could go either very well or very awful.

However, I won't get ahead of myself. Maybe Josh will get someone else. Regardless, I'm entertained by Park, especially the fitting, cheesy court TV music, and am looking forward to how the storyline goes.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
I am just going with Abyss was so messed up after the war between Decay and LAX that he switched back to Joseph. Till I hear otherwise that is what I am going with.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about Josh getting Abyss as his partner. They could do promos each week with one week being JB and Joseph and the next being Josh and Abyss.

Reactions: scshaastin

·
Premium Member
9,435 Posts
Which brings us to present day. There are certainly some questions to be answered. How is Joseph Park back? Did Abyss stop taking his meds?
So, when Abyss is on his psyche meds he's a sadistic monster that takes great pleasure in hurting people and when he's off his psyche meds he's a friendly, polite lawyer that helps people?

So... Scientologists are right?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Maybe Joseph Park returned due to a breakdown by Abyss, after LAX beat Decay and Crazzy Steve was so destroyed he couldn't keep going (Kayfabe for leaving Impact) and abandoned by Rosemary (wandering the rafters stalking LAX) it drove Abyss further into insanity and somewhere in that breakdown Joseph Park managed to escape from the monster within holding his state of mind hostage.

If only they actually would pull off an explanation...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Since Impact is liking bring back people from their pass... I'm fearing someone in "creative" has thought "and now lets get James Mitchell back into this and..."

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, when Abyss is on his psyche meds he's a sadistic monster that takes great pleasure in hurting people and when he's off his psyche meds he's a friendly, polite lawyer that helps people?

So... Scientologists are right?

I'm referring to the kayfabe character, obviously.

If you'd like to discuss the real world applications, then sure, I'd prefer Mr. Park over The Monster Abyss in my own life, and the world in general. However, Abyss was established for years and years, and then the radical shift occurred.

IF there's medication involved, which you seemed quite interested in;

1. Perhaps Abyss was naturally deranged and actually went on positive medication to overcome it.
2. Maybe Joseph Park was always Joseph Park, and was addicted to some hallucinogen.

Or, maybe it's just as it's been explained, and the term "off his meds" is used as a figure of speech.

Either way... yeah.

·
Premium Member
9,435 Posts
I'm referring to the kayfabe character, obviously.

If you'd like to discuss the real world applications, then sure, I'd prefer Mr. Park over The Monster Abyss in my own life, and the world in general. However, Abyss was established for years and years, and then the radical shift occurred.

IF there's medication involved, which you seemed quite interested in;

1. Perhaps Abyss was naturally deranged and actually went on positive medication to overcome it.
2. Maybe Joseph Park was always Joseph Park, and was addicted to some hallucinogen.

Or, maybe it's just as it's been explained, and the term "off his meds" is used as a figure of speech.

Either way... yeah.
Just cracking a joke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts