Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Re: 'Joker' starring Joaquin Phoenix (Oct. 4, 2019)

I'm ready to dump on this just yet.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

You would take a pedo over a Juggalo?

Cant wait to see this joker in his white panel van
Does it have free candy written on it

·
Registered
4,654 Posts

I'm not usually the most positive person on earth, but for fuck's sake give this shit a chance! It's only a couple of images and some short clips and people are losing their shit. I'm sure Joaquin will deliver a good-great performance, I feel he fits the look of the Joker for starters. No matter what it'll be an improvement over Leto's ... "thing". It was the second worst acting performance of all time, only behind Lex Luthor in BvS. DC always delivering the goods.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts

I'm not usually the most positive person on earth, but for fuck's sake give this shit a chance! It's only a couple of images and some short clips and people are losing their shit. I'm sure Joaquin will deliver a good-great performance, I feel he fits the look of the Joker for starters. No matter what it'll be an improvement over Leto's ... "thing". It was the second worst acting performance of all time, only behind Lex Luthor in BvS. DC always delivering the goods.
Keep in mind that the majority of the negativity is coming from the same old posters with Marvel plastered all over their avatars and sigs. They aren’t allowed to enjoy anything else and must automatically shit on anything that has to do with DC.

Personally, I think this is the most exciting thing that DC has tried in a long time. I’m all for experimental one offs that play around with canon. Especially when it has this kind of talent attached to it. They don’t have a good track record lately, but this being contained and not a part of whatever “universe” they have left is a positive.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

I don't think people have a problem with Joaquin, at least from what I've seen. He's one of the best actors working today, has the look as you said, and can be a creepy motherfucker.

People's complaints are mostly about the apparent deviations.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,997 Posts

I like this test run more than the initial images. I'm thinking Phoenix is going to give a jarring performance, in several ways. I'm still opened to being sold on more images and footage. I'm definitely interested enough to actually watch the movie.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

Not that it matters necessarily but I find the image of Joaquin Phoenix with the clown makeup fairly arresting. I am not certain that Todd Phillips is the correct director for this but perhaps he is looking to pull off a variation of what Paul Feig did with the excellent A Simple Favor (as an Anna Kendrick fan you should seek that out, @NotGuilty), telling a dark story with a little gleam in the corner of one eye. War Dogs, a deeply uneven film, seemed to suggest he was moving toward this sort of story.

The makeup screen test makes Phoenix's Joker look a bit like some of these peculiar fellows in clown attire and maquillage scaring children as happened this week in the U.S.

Next late summer/early autumn will be, in part, Battle of the Clowns with It: Chapter 2 and this coming out within a few weeks of one another. :lol

Reactions: Arya Dark

·
Registered
3,709 Posts

Even though I am more a Marvel guy and DC movies don't interest me that much, this looks really unique. I'm actually intrigued and curious and that's a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts

I’m actually really loving his look. The clothes are perfect. It also seems that we might be getting a little more of the actual Joker than initially believed. I think everyone just assumed that we wouldn’t be seeing much of him until the very end of the film.

161 - 180 of 780 Posts