Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Re: 'Joker' starring Joaquin Phoenix (Oct. 4, 2019)

Phoenix is a great, accomplished actor who I have little doubt can succeed at bringing the Joker to big screen and if anything, I'm glad they are taking the character in a completely different direction given what they did with Leto. Since Phoenix definitely has the range to pull off a multi-faceted character if need be.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Phoenix is a great, accomplished actor who I have little doubt can succeed at bringing the Joker to big screen and if anything, I'm glad they are taking the character in a completely different direction given what they did with Leto. Since Phoenix definitely has the range to pull off a multi-faceted character if need be.
The Leto Joker was taking the Joker in a different direction and it was a disaster. This won't be any different. It does not matter how good Phoenix is as an actor if what he is given is shit.

Also so if this Joker is a standalone movie, does that mean its not even in the DCU? So way to confuse your audience.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Re: The Joker getting solo movie

Can't believe I'm just finding out about this. Not sure about casting but will wait and see. The tone sounds good.

No Leto seems a positive, but selling a Joker movie to the masses might be a problem. Hard to find redeeming qualities in a homicidal mass murderer.
It's the JOKER. I don't want redeeming qualities. I want Jason/Michael/Leatherface/Norman Bates. Joker should be a nasty villain with at best some pity as we see how he was forced down the wrong path, the path into Hell.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Registered
8,854 Posts

Also so if this Joker is a standalone movie, does that mean its not even in the DCU? So way to confuse your audience.
I think it might not be in the DCU or it might be just no crossover with characters or influence on things going on in other movies. Since this seems a origins type movie it makes sense to be stand alone. No superheros just Joker as young man becoming criminal becoming Joker for the end of the movie.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,016 Posts

Why can't we just get the suicide squad Harley/Joker movie. Phoenix is psycho yeah but not in a good way. I mean i've wanted nohing to do with him since ladder 49 and signs.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

The Leto Joker was taking the Joker in a different direction and it was a disaster. This won't be any different. It does not matter how good Phoenix is as an actor if what he is given is shit.

Don't ever think DC/WB can do anything right when it comes to films.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

I suspect this will go down the Killing Joke road but I hope it doesn't. I think I am the only person on the planet who finds that story boring

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

We have no idea if that's his final look tbh. I find it hard to believe that they'd reveal his final look this early.

Also I think people shouldn't expect a super traditional Joker origin with this movie. I get a feeling they are going go extremely grounded and less comicbooky with this version. Like what if Joker existed in the same way like John Wayne Gacey existed or Jeffery Dahmer.

The footage of him in the background looked creepy to me. I can't freakin wait tbh.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Considering they are probably going to spend most of the movie leading up to the Joker reveal, I highly doubt he's gonna have more than one look.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Considering they are probably going to spend most of the movie leading up to the Joker reveal, I highly doubt he's gonna have more than one look.
Again we don't know the exact context. This could be him reminicing of the days when he was on stage and this was his old "stage look" as a comedian, and then maybe something happens later that gives him a similar look but even more "Joker" looking by the end. Same way in a lot of incarnations where Robins suit actually was modled off his Flying Grayson outfit as a kid, but just turned into a super suit.

Anyway way I get people like to jump the gun with DC all the time nowadays but IMO we shouldn't with this movie given it looks like it's going to be so different than what we are use to. That alone makes it intruiging.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Again we don't know the exact context. This could be him reminicing of the days when he was on stage and this was his old "stage look" as a comedian, and then maybe something happens later that gives him a similar look but even more "Joker" looking by the end. Same way in a lot of incarnations where Robins suit actually was modled off his Flying Grayson outfit as a kid, but just turned into a super suit.

Anyway way I get people like to jump the gun with DC all the time nowadays but IMO we shouldn't with this movie given it looks like it's going to be so different than what we are use to. That alone makes it intruiging.
I love DC and especially The Joker. I really hope it turns out great.

But the way it was shown, it seems that the look in the video is gonna be Joker's look. If it is, I don't like it one bit. I'm a bit tired of ''different'' versions of the Joker. We already had Ledger, who was great, and Leto, who was terrible. For once, I'd like to see them being faithful to the character. You can say Nicholson was faithful to the character, but that was 29 years ago, and the character evolved to a bigger and better place since then.

I'll check the movie out regardless, because it's my favorite character. But to be able to enjoy it, I'm gonna have to change my expectations for the movie drastically. Because at least this one time, I was expecting them to be faithful.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

I'm getting Nicholson vibes off him.

Reactions: BORT

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

Can't Marvel just get the rights to the DC movies lol
At this point they should just not make films and stick to animation. They are such a shithole that no one could put something together that was worthwhile .

At this point I am not so sure about Marvel's future since they are going to Roman Reigns Captain Marvel.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

A bunch of scoopers on Twitter are saying that this is not his final look. This probably has something to do with his day job because you see him talking to another clown in the set photos.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

At this point I am not so sure about Marvel's future since they are going to Roman Reigns Captain Marvel.
They were doing that in the comics. With the same results. You'd think after bring cancelled over 5 times would clue them in

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

Some people are saying this isn't the final look and why would they show us his look in the Makeup this early I'm I right? Anyways the Makeup looks okay, but that moment you see him stop smiling and getting serious with the right lighting man this could work.

141 - 160 of 780 Posts