Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: 'Joker' starring Joaquin Phoenix (Oct. 4, 2019)

I wonder if this movie will show his Killing Joke origin. It's a very good story.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

I just read the sypnosis about which version that Scorsese will use for the movie and after read a bit,seems this is will not focus to Batman and the story look dark , probably Academy Award material in 2020

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

Fresh off her Emmy nomination for the hit comedy series Atlanta, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that actress Zazie Beetz is in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix in the upcoming Joker. The outlet notes that details are being kept under wraps but Beetz would play “a single mother who catches the interest of the man who will become the Clown Prince of Crime.” Fans will also recognise Beetz for her portrayal of Domino in this year’s Deadpool 2, she’s expected to reprise that role in the X-Force movie as well.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/959113-zazie-beetz-in-talks-to-join-joaquin-phoenix-in-joker

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts

https://deadline.com/2018/08/joker-movie-todd-phillips-alec-baldwin-thomas-wayne-batman-father-1202452962/

Alec Baldwin Joins Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’

EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin is boarding Todd Phillips’ Joker movie at Warner Bros in a supporting role, Deadline has learned. Cameras roll on September 10.

While Warner Bros has not confirmed what role, buzz is that Baldwin is poised play the role of Thomas Wayne, who in DC canon is Bruce Wayne/Batman’s father.
Thomas Wayne was first introduced in Detective Comics #33 (Nov. 1939) and he is respected physician and philanthropist in Gotham City. Wayne and his wife are murdered exiting the theater, an incident which young Bruce witnesses. That becomes his m.o. for ultimately becoming a vigilante. In the early comics, Wayne’s murderer is mugger/hitman Joe Chill, but starting with the first Tim Burton 1989 Batman movie, it’s the Joker who is the culprit.

Baldwin joins a growing cast that includes Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Marc Maron, and Zazie Beetz as Sophie Dumond. As has been previously reported, Phillips’ take on the famed DC character will possess a grittier, ’80s sensibility.

Baldwin was recently nominated for his 19th Primetime Emmy. For the second consecutive year, he’s up for outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series for playing Donald Trump on Saturday Night Love, a role which delivered him a win in the category last September. Overall, Baldwin counts three Emmy wins, his other two being in 2008 and 2009 for outstanding lead comedy actor on 30 Rock. Baldwin was nominated for a supporting actor Oscar in 2004 for The Cooler and recently starred in this summer’s half-billion-plus grossing hit Mission: Impossible – Fallout as well as Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman which is taking off on the specialty circuit with north of $31M. Baldwin is already starring in another Warner Bros.’ feature, the Ed Norton-directed period drama Motherless Brooklyn due out next year.

Baldwin is repped by CAA. Joker opens on Oct. 4, 2019.
He would have made a great Batman back in the day. Was a pretty good Shadow.

·
Ho!
17,556 Posts

Joaquin Phoenix makes this a must watch. He's an incredible actor and there's not a doubt in my mind he'll do The Joker justice... unless the directing/writing is really that bad. In which case, this has potential to be hilariously bad.

Either way it's a win win for me.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts

I wonder if this movie will show his Killing Joke origin. It's a very good story.
I would think at the very least it would take a handful of elements from Killing Joke. Any Joker origin story should have the "unreliable narrator" theme like the one used in Killing Joke. Joker doesn't need a, for lack of a better phrase, true origin story.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

This looks questionable to say the least, but I'll await its context in a trailer. Could end up being anything, maybe surprise us and be an entertaining portrayal of the iconic character. Phoenix seems committed to the role.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

It will be garbage, what made Joker so great was he didn't needed an origin story. You ruin the joker by giving him one

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Is Scorsese still in this as a producer or not?

I trust Phoenix, but I don't like the direction they're going with this. It seems too straightforward, Killing Joke was an origin story but it still kept some mysteries. Now they're even giving him a name...

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts

https://www.thewrap.com/brett-cullen-batman-father-thomas-wayne-joker/

Brett Cullen to Replace Alec Baldwin as Thomas Wayne in ‘Joker’

Veteran actor Brett Cullen has been cast as Batman’s father Thomas Wayne in the upcoming Warner Bros. “Joker” film, an individual with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap.

Cullen replaces Alec Baldwin who had to drop out due to a scheduling conflict.

The film, set to be directed by Todd Phillips, will star Joaquin Phoenix as the clown prince of crime.

Thomas Wayne first made his appearance in Detective Comics #33 (Nov. 1939) in Batman’s origin story. He is the father of Bruce Wayne — who is Batman — husband of Martha Wayne and was a gifted physician and philanthropist in Gotham City. When Dr. Wayne and his wife are murdered in a street robbery after a screening of Tyrone Power’s “Zorro,” the young Bruce Wayne becomes inspired to fight crime as the vigilante Batman.

While story details are being kept under wraps, TheWrap previously reported that the origin story for Batman’s nemesis will be more of a mid-budget crime thriller than a superhero blockbuster.

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow will co-produce the film. Emma Tillinger Koskoff and Richard Baratta, whose producing credits include Martin Scorsese’s “The Wolf of Wall Street,” are attached as producers. The film will be released on Oct. 4, 2019, with production set to begin in New York in September.

Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Marc Maron and Frances Conroy — as the Joker’s mother — round out the rest of the cast.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Terrible casting. This movie will be another disaster for DC

This looks questionable to say the least, but I'll await its context in a trailer. Could end up being anything, maybe surprise us and be an entertaining portrayal of the iconic character. Phoenix seems committed to the role.

he looks like a pedo

121 - 140 of 780 Posts