Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 780 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Re: The Joker getting solo movie

Scrap this shit, WB. It’s time to start all over and make a fucking BATMAN movie. No one wants to see a solo Joker, Harley, Croc, Cyborg, or Clock King movie. Give Matt Reeves full control over the Batman universe and build from there. It’s not anywhere near as fucking difficult as you’re making it.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Oh god, this try hard hipster will further destroy the Joker in a solo movie? fpalm I really don't want to believe this. I won't watch it even if they paid me a fortune, enough of this bullshit already.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,880 Posts

Honestly I wanted more, and was expecting way more, Joker in SS. All the footage they filmed and used to sell the the movie in the trailer only to take it out felt like a bait and switch. I won't say I loved Leto's Joker but I was still very interested when he was on screen. It seems like they're having trouble getting Batman off the ground, but I'd happily see a Joker movie with his SS characterization. :shrug

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts

i wish leto would go away.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

Scrap this shit, WB. It’s time to start all over and make a fucking BATMAN movie. No one wants to see a solo Joker, Harley, Croc, Cyborg, or Clock King movie. Give Matt Reeves full control over the Batman universe and build from there. It’s not anywhere near as fucking difficult as you’re making it.
Speak for yourself. I want a Harley movie far more than another Batman flick.

As for Leto getting more for his Joker: great. I enjoyed his Joker. Far more evil and unpredictable along with a creepier factor than any other. Heath’s is really damn close though. It just felt less the Joker due to Nolan’s world being more grounded. Honestly, Superman just could not work in the Nolanverse Batman. So no surprise the amped up comicy villain loses a little of the lunacy.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

I don't give a fuck about this movie. I don't care to see The Joker's story or Harley Quinn's story or The Suicide Squad. It's the same issue I have with Sony's plans for the Spider-verse outside of Spider-Man and hopefully Venom.

What I want from WB is a new Batman trilogy (hell give me just ONE 'The Batman' movie for starters!), a Superman sequel, Green Lantern Corps, and Justice League done correctly and in epic fashion.

Seems like the only thing they have correct at the moment is Wonder Woman. Fingers crossed for Aquaman in December.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

I'm skipping this abomination. HARD.

I never skip anything. The only comic book movie I've ever skipped since I got into them big was the Fantastic Four reboot, and despite hearing how bad it was, that wasn't even the reason I skipped. I skipped solely in an effort to make a small, small, small dent in the box office, and hoped others would do the same (which they did) in an effort to make them so desperate they'd realize they need to stop losing money on them and give the rights back to Marvel. That's it. Nothing to do with the content of the film.

I see everything. I saw Green Lantern. I saw the original Fantastic Four movies. I saw X-Men: Origins Wolverine, just because they're comic book movies and I felt obligated. I'll see the worst movie DC puts out. If they put out Gotham City Sirens and it stinks to high heaven, I'm there. If they put out Batgirl and it sucks, I'm there.

There is NO WAY I'm seeing this (assuming it ever gets made. I believe DC has 50 movies they're supposedly making at the exact same time), purely on its lack of right to exist. Jared Leto's look and performance as the Joker is truly the vilest crime the Joker has ever committed upon the citizens of Gotham, and seeing this movie would be a personal failure on my part and a total bastardization of my beliefs about who this character is and how he's meant to be depicted.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

You can't do a Joker movie with Leto, because that's not the Joker. I'm legitimately pissed for what they're doing to what I consider to be the best pop culture character ever created.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

You can't do a Joker movie with Leto, because that's not the Joker. I'm legitimately pissed for what they're doing to what I consider to be the best pop culture character ever created.
As compared to Heath’s Joker? That was less Joker than Leto’s. Let’s not even talk about Nicholson playing Nicholson instead of the Joker...

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

As compared to Heath’s Joker? That was less Joker than Leto’s. Let’s not even talk about Nicholson playing Nicholson instead of the Joker...
Dude I know the Joker, I've seen him in everything from comics to animated shows to videogames. Heath and Nicholson are definitely more Joker'ish than Leto. Hamill is the best Joker though.

Leto's ''Joker'' isn't even a clown, ffs. He's a pimp that looks like a wannabe gangster with those fake teeth and tattoos.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

can we just get a joker movie with willem dafoe already?

basically any joker movie or role depends on the actor, if they choose the right guy then they could produce another iconic version to go along with heath ledger and jack nicholson, beyond that it will just be forgettable tripe.

I respect jared leto's version for trying to do something new with the character rather than rehashing old ideas but it just sucked imo. It wasnt the joker, it was just a gang leader pretending to be the joker, from that standpoint I cant respect it. It just wasnt very good.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

Dude I know the Joker, I've seen him in everything from comics to animated shows to videogames. Heath and Nicholson are definitely more Joker'ish than Leto. Hamill is the best Joker though.

Leto's ''Joker'' isn't even a clown, ffs. He's a pimp that looks like a wannabe gangster with those fake teeth and tattoos.
Then we completely disagree. Except about Hamill’s Joker... that is just obviously the best. But where you see more Joker in the other two, I defintely don’t. Heath’s fit that Batman though. Nicholson was simply the worst Joker that’s been on screen. Even the camp 60s Joker was a better portrayal than that.

81 - 100 of 780 Posts