Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 780 Posts

·
Super Vader
362 Posts
Re: The Joker getting solo movie

I would be satisfied if a fresh comic book with an origin like ''Batman: The Killing Joke'' see publicity and the money from my pocket.

But this I don't think that it will work. DC already has serious projects to focus.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

DC trying to get in on the Rated R superhero market by killing it with a film like this.

Joker doesn't need an origin story, in fact how they did it in the Dark Knight was perfect. Nobody knew who he was and his own telling of how he came to be changed up, it was just so many lies that even the Joker himself had probably forgot.

If they're going to do a Rated R movie then make it a Batman movie featuring that Riddler from the new game that's more like Saw, where his death traps kill people.

Have it be pretty gruesome, psychological and more of Batman being a detective. Show us why he's so brooding etc. Now this would make for a good movie!

·
Registered
10,183 Posts

It needs to be a trippy, psychologically disturbing movie that shows his origins before the acid bath, and his therapy sessions with Harley. I think it should jump around in time too, like Pulp Fiction. And show different people talking about him and the nature of his insanity. I wouldn't have the whole movie be from his perspective

A movie that goes into his mind and is something of a character study. It needs to be something very arty, but violent and disturbing. You would need a very unique director to make a Joker movie work. It can't just be two hours of homicide, laughter, action, and explosions

A Joker movie would have to be more mature than your average comic book fare.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

TBH I've grown tired of expecting companies to do this, or companies to do that. I thought a Civil War movie before Infinity War was dumb. I was wrong about that. I also thought a Justice League movie without Green Lantern would not get me excited, but I was wrong about that too.

All I care about at this point is if the movie is entertaining. We all can speculate and talk shit but all of that means crap until we actually watch the movie. If the Joker movie is entertaining and is done well it really then it doesn't matter.

WB just give me another Wonder Woman FFS.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

Had the DCEU been up and running smoothly for a decade or so I might be open to this idea. But even then I'd still be hesitant to endorse it considering all the confusion you're going to cause some audience members. What's the rush to start pumping out Elseworld movies? I try to remain optimistic and give studios the benefit of the doubt but this just doesn't sound like the smart move to make right now. Especially when they've only just begun to get over that rocky start, who knows how Justice League is going to turn out now that it's going to be a joint Snyder/Whedon effort, if that turns out to be another colossal failure audiences might begin to lose faith in the DC brand altogether.

I can't help but feel like this is Warner Bros putting the cart before the horse. This is the sort of stuff that's going to bring major fatigue to the genre. I don't know, maybe it's a huge knee jerk reaction on my part but alarm bells are going off in my head right now.

The only glimmer of hope in all this is that Martin Scorsese of all people is involved in some capacity. It's just a pity he's not going to be the one directing.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts

Do we really need to see a fully fledged joker origin on screen?

Or in any medium for that matter?

No. it was rhetorical. No, we don't really.

WB seem to be putting movies out for all their characters and it's getting out of hand IMO. Just concentrate on getting stuff like The Batman in some sort of working order before you try out this, that and other with all your other properties.

Scorcese being involved is surprising, but the director choice is odd and as i said, it just seems rather needless to me.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

I've read this isn't going to be a part of the DCEU, so at least there's that. It's still an awful idea anyway.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

I've read this isn't going to be a part of the DCEU.
As far as I know that's correct. It's essentially going to be an Elseworld movie. Like for example this side studio could go on to make Superman: Red Son if they wanted to.

So there's a real possibility that we may have this Joker movie and then Jared Leto still playing the Joker in the DCEU.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Wish we can see an actual Joker instead of the gay ass hipster we saw last year.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts

This is a terrible idea since it isn't part of the DCEU. So lets just confuse casual fans even more.

21 - 40 of 780 Posts