Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 780 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Re: 'Joker' starring Joaquin Phoenix (Oct. 4, 2019)

I'll reserve judgment on his performance, but I don't like the look. Why do they always fuck with this guys look? They never fuck with Batman or Superman, but they absolutely refuse to make the Joker look like the Joker. Nicholson is the only Joker to ever actually look like him on screen.

Get. It. Right. They did it in 1989, but they can't do it now. Unbelievable. What the hell are they afraid of happening if they give us a proper Joker? The DC film division is gonna become a disaster and collapose? Oh wait, that already happened. In large part to hating their own creations, much like this is indicative of.

I guess give them credit for getting.....closer. After Jared Leto, I was fearing the next Joker would just be an evil grin drawn on a paper bag that he wore on his head.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

I like this look, like BORT says it's a mix between Ledger and Romero look and I think it's pretty creepy in a villain way and less pedo as in the previous page. Think the suit and hair changed it.

I hope it's rated R, if it's marketed well we could see it making near Deadpool numbers if lucky!

If DC wants to keep more of a Snyder vision then maybe going the R route is best since FOX has been sold to Disney and it's unlikely we'll see more R movies from the Marvelverse.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,869 Posts

This film just jumped up higher with this reveal. Hopefully the tone fits what these images are putting out.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

Highly doubt Warner Bros. lets this be rated R.

However, recent huge R-rated hits like the Deadpool movies, Logan and It may compel them to at least be open to the idea.

60,001 Posts

I am open to this just because I love the character. I would rather that he actually has white skin and green hair than to just be applying makeup. As long as they do justice to the character, I can live with it. I do like that he feels like the love child of Cesaro Romero and Ledger.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

Still not a fan of the look, but I loved that train scene reveal.

I'm on a process to regain faith in this movie, baby steps. At least he's not a pimp this time around. :eek:

·
19,029 Posts

I know you asked about this eons ago in this thread, @J'onn J'onnz; but as of early July this year Martin Scorsese ceased to serve in his role of producer for this film. The reason why, apparently, is that Scorsese considers himself too busy, especially as he is presently deep in postproduction work on his 2019 directorial effort The Irishman.

However, Scorsese's right-hand-woman producer going back to The Departed, having had a major hand in every last Scorsese production of any sort from HBO series like Boardwalk Empire and Vinyl to films Scorsese produced but did not direct like The Snowman to all of the films he has directed since he made The Departed in the mid-2000s Emma Tillinger Koskoff is. So perhaps by osmosis a faint tincture of Scorsese influence exists on the film.

Reactions: Oneiros

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

I know you asked about this eons ago in this thread, @J'onn J'onnz; but as of early July this year Martin Scorsese ceased to serve in his role of producer for this film. The reason why, apparently, is that Scorsese considers himself too busy, especially as he is presently deep in postproduction work on his 2019 directorial effort The Irishman.

However, Scorsese's right-hand-woman producer going back to The Departed, having had a major hand in every last Scorsese production of any sort from HBO series like Boardwalk Empire and Vinyl to films Scorsese produced but did not direct like The Snowman to all of the films he has directed since he made The Departed in the mid-2000s Emma Tillinger Koskoff is. So perhaps by osmosis a faint tincture of Scorsese influence exists on the film.
I do remember reading something about Scorsese quitting his work on the Joker film around that time. But I've been wondering, because even as late as last week some sites were still affirming that Scorsese would produce this movie. I guess we'll see eventually how much of his ''stamp'' this movie ends up displaying.

It's good to know, on the other hand, that he's focused on The Irishman, because I'm also highly looking forward to that film. I'm equally disappointed that I won't be able to see it in the theater, though.

·
19,029 Posts

I do remember reading something about Scorsese quitting his work on the Joker film around that time. But I've been wondering, because even as late as last week some sites were still affirming that Scorsese would produce this movie. I guess we'll see eventually how much of his ''stamp'' this movie ends up displaying.

It's good to know, on the other hand, that he's focused on The Irishman, because I'm also highly looking forward to that film. I'm equally disappointed that I won't be able to see it in the theater, though.
Sadly many entertainment websites are traffickers in shoddy "information." Even the major trades have seen their standards conspicuously slip.

Completely agree about The Irishman. Feels like that one has been gestating forever. And yes it is unfortunate that it is probably not going to be receiving a meaningful theatrical run.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts

I really hope this is good. Please.

DC movies have sucked so bad for the most part, it's really quite a shame. Wonder Woman was great, but other than that, nothing really to write home about with any of the movies.

Already prefer the Joker look over Leto, but not sure if Heath Ledger can ever be topped for me. I just hope it correctly nails the Joker tone.

Highly doubt Warner Bros. lets this be rated R.

However, recent huge R-rated hits like the Deadpool movies, Logan and It may compel them to at least be open to the idea.
I think you may be right, which is a shame.

I absolutely think a Joker film should be R-rated. It just gives them more freedom with the character & the scenes. Anything else is going to feel like it's been held back to me. They can make it work like Dark Knight did I suppose, but it'd be nice to see a more adult film.

·
Mmmm juicy
1,829 Posts

you'll have your joker( in his legendary look) at the end of this film, i bet. gotta save something for the sequal. haters dont understand shit and have zero patience.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,869 Posts

I am open to this just because I love the character. I would rather that he actually has white skin and green hair than to just be applying makeup.

I think this is the first or second step in his descent into madness. I like to think that while he's in make-up he'll get doused in chemicals that will "brand" the make-up to his skin. From then on, no matter what, he'll always be smiling.

you'll have your joker (in his legendary look) at the end of this film, i bet. gotta save something for the sequal. haters dont understand shit and have zero patience.
While I agree that people have lost patience, WB is on thin ice. That said, unlike Suicide Squad which left people cold after the reveal, this has a lot of people excited. The responses I've seen are way positive. This looks great, WB has passed the first impressions test.

181 - 200 of 780 Posts