Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts

Warner Bros. said:
Director Todd Phillips “Joker” centers around the iconic arch nemesis and is an original, standalone fictional story not seen before on the big screen. Phillips’ exploration of Arthur Fleck, who is indelibly portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix, is of a man struggling to find his way in Gotham’s fractured society. A clown-for-hire by day, he aspires to be a stand-up comic at night…but finds the joke always seems to be on him. Caught in a cyclical existence between apathy and cruelty, Arthur makes one bad decision that brings about a chain reaction of escalating events in this gritty character study.

Arthur, who devotes himself to caring for his fragile mother, seeks out every father figure he’s never had, from wealthy businessman Thomas Wayne to TV host Murray Franklin. Caught in a cyclical existence teetering on the precipice of reality and madness, one bad decision brings about a chain reaction of escalating, ultimately deadly, events.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Re: The Joker getting solo movie

Please no Juggalo please no Juggalo please no Juggalo.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,076 Posts

but, but...

Heath Ledger.

:sadbecky

I can't see a world in which this ends up being a good idea. But I've been proved wrong before :draper2

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

Go and cast Cameron Monaghan.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

I am definitely interested. Love to see a movie based off this guy, hope it wont suck......

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

Warner Bros setting up Elseworlds movies before we've even got The Batman & Man of Steel 2. Is today April 1st?

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Please no Juggalo please no Juggalo please no Juggalo.
I've said it before and I'm sticking with my prediction. After Leto, the only way to top themselves would be to have a Joker with a paper bag over his head and green hair and a red smile drawn over and under the eyeholes. That's the next step of the neverending unnecessary Joker re-inventions.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts

They are trying literally EVERYTHING to make this DCEU work and it's coming off as more of a try hard than anything worth while :lmao, can we place bets on how long before we get the live-action Krypto the Superdog film? Better yet let's do the entire Super Pets angle because fuck it that's why. The desperation is real.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

Warner Bros setting up Elseworlds movies before we've even got The Batman & Man of Steel 2. Is today April 1st?
WB need to get their shit together with The Batman which can feature The Joker as the main antagonist; Man of Steel 2 is an overdue sequel; Wonder Woman 2 will happen regardless of any other projects in development; The Flash in his 1st ever solo film; The Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps universe with proper treatment; also build up to Justice League 2, goddammit!

I'm not excited for these side projects telling the origin stories of the villains like Suicide Squad. I'd prefer they expand The Batman family with Nightwing and Batgirl in a series of films to these villain ideas.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts

I sincerely doubt The Flash will escape development hell, nobody wants to touch the fucker, probably out of respect for Berlanti. Let's remake the GOAT first season of the GOAT Flash series as a film brehs :mj4.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

I like the idea of a new DC subdivision for R-rated, smaller budget projects...but a fucking Joker origin story? They should steer clear of the major players, focus on characters like The Question or The Spectre. These films shouldn't even be major releases, they should release them on their upcoming streaming service and use them as another draw.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts

Either CGI Mark Hamill already or gtfo ruining the Joker in movies.

Reactions: Kratosx23
1 - 20 of 780 Posts