Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd say there's a 90% chance of him leaving but we'll see.

Now I have no idea if this is from the actual article, as I ain't paying the dude, but I found this comment. I'd say it's believable, but again, take it with a grain of salt for now.

"I have Fightful Select

-Yes, WWE knew it was coming and have for months

-WWE thought Cole's and Gargano's contracts would end together

-Negotiations haven't started yet but are expected to in the coming weeks, with WWE interested in keeping him

-Contract expires on December 3rd"

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well he does NOT want to be on the main roster and I think wwe is only going to offer him a main roster contract at this point so I think he is gone. I think Zayn and Owens who have been able to break through are more likely to stay than he Gargano is, even though I Think KO due to clearly wanting to reunite with the young bucks is gone as well. Even if he was world champion for a year instead of Regins I think he would be gone, the bond between those three is that strong.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
If this is true, I'd say there's a pretty good chance he's gone. He has to know they have something stupid planned for him on the main roster.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,084 Posts
Oh he's for sure leaving, he knows theres not much more for him to do in NXT and he knows he's screwed on the main roster, theres zero chance he re-signs.

Lol shits getting ridiculous, anytime someone's contract is up now its a guarantee they're leaving for AEW, eventually WWE's just gonna be filled with no name guys from the PC.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Really depends how happy he is and what he would like to still achieve.

Seems fair to say if you have no real interest in the main roster then there is little point WWE keeping you. However, there needs to be veterans to work with the youngsters coming through In nxt and I would think Gargano is in a handful of trusted veterans in nxt that could do that.

With Daniel Bryan gone on the main roster Gargano could absolutely fulfill that underdog role too. He is reliable, versatile and doesn't do bad matches so it probably boils down to what he wants out of the rest of his career.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
No, he needs to be in NXT, he really believes it's the third brand and is adamant that it is not a development brand. Imagine the identity crisis he would have in Impact or AEW.

·
Registered
$tratus Faction
200 Posts
Honestly, I really liked Johnny Gargano when I first saw him wrestle as a part of DiY in NXT, but his seemingly never-ending feud with Tommaso Ciampa made me

sour on both of them because I felt like they kept having the same match over and over again.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,109 Posts
Please God just get rid of him, he's got nothing to offer.
Yes, the guy who was arguably the backbone of NXT over the past years, who has put on many of the best TakeOver matches in recent memory, who was the most over babyface on the show from 2018 through 2019, and has been part of arguably the most entertaining act in the Way since last Halloween (outside of Cameron Grimes) somehow has "nothing" to offer.

Good grief does this show's future look even more lifeless now than ever.

I bet Tommaso Ciampa and Candice LeRae will follow Johnny Gargano out of this company soon too.

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
AEW section is slacking today. There’s usually already a multi-page thread up talking about person in question being all elite by now. :LOL:

Gargano wouldn’t be a major loss at this point. Doesn’t seem overly interested in being on the main roster and will not fit in that well with a revamped NXT. He’s not at an age yet where he should be relegated to jobbing to the up and coming talent on a developmental show. So, at this point, main roster or move on.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,815 Posts
He needs to ask himself if he’s willing to be Tommy Dreamer. He doesn’t want to go to raw or sd, so Vince should not offer him raw or sd money unless if he wants to be an agent, scout, and wrestler all for nxt.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
WWE is going to lose nothing if he decides to leave.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,971 Posts
Yes, the guy who was arguably the backbone of NXT over the past years, who has put on many of the best TakeOver matches in recent memory, who was the most over babyface on the show from 2018 through 2019, and has been part of arguably the most entertaining act in the Way since last Halloween (outside of Cameron Grimes) somehow has "nothing" to offer.

Good grief does this show's future look even more lifeless now than ever.

I bet Tommaso Ciampa and Candice LeRae will follow Johnny Gargano out of this company soon too.
I don't give a shit about his Takeover matches when anyone can put those on these days. He can't give me a reason to care about him on the mic so I don't pay attention to his feuds and segments.

NXT is making me watch a full show for the first time in years so they're doing something right clearly.

·
Registered
546 Posts
More than anyone or anything else, I associate the downfall of NXT with the rise of Johnny Gargano. He's simply atrocious in every observable way. Good effin' riddance.

·
rasslin
8,305 Posts
Not a huge loss.

The market is completely oversaturated with his wrestling style and hes god awful on the mic. Also what do you do with his character? hes switched from face and heel so many times anything he does is just meh. He doesn't want to go to the main roster and was one of the main focuses of NXT when they got humbled by AEW every week.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts