Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How will you push him in a storyline?

i read this recently and i agree with it
ohn Morrison's push is being done about right tbh. It needs to be done gradually, so that his flaws are put under the spotlight more slowly. Right now he's being allowed to go nuts in the ring so that the crowd knows that when he's wrestling they're in for a show. Next they need to start increasing his exposure by putting him in higher profile matches and storylines and still letting him go nuts. If they don't stop him (and he doesn't stop himself via injury/drug suspension) then within a year or two he'll be ME ready.

my story-miz disses jomo and ridicules him for having a lesser status than him.have miz cash in money in the bank on orton.but before he cashes it jomo comes out of nowhere and destroys miz.randy hits an rko and pins miz.miz is furious with jomo.this could lead to a great feud.

and some where in the near future-have the main event as JOHN CENA VS JOHN MORRISSON.let the match happen for around 30 mins(morrisson can put a great match with cena)let cena win and cena takes the mic and appreciates jomo.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
No he doesn't put on great matches more regularly than any other wrestler.

CM Punk, Evan Bourne, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Triple H, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan all put on great matches more regularly then him.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I wouldn't say that JoMo has excellent matches more often than most people but I would venture to say that he's one of the best all-around workers in the company. I know people hate on him for not being great on the mic but I think we've all seen that he's much more entertaining as a heel. Hopefully this push he seems to be in the midst of right now goes somewhere. He doesn't need to win the WWE title right now but it would be nice to see him get at least a title shot or 2 to see where he stacks up with some of the big names.

·
Registered
559 Posts
if his matches arent short then mostly there pretty good, but you cant depend solely on your in ring skills, so he's gotta a little bit of a set back. but i think that his matches can be pretty good, if he sticks around for a long time hell be wwe champ at some point

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I've been impressed with the matches he's been putting on lately.

vs Sheamus
vs Jericho
vs Kidd

I think he's on a bit of a roll as far as quality of matches goes.

I'd like to see him keep it up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wouldn't say he is putting on better matches than anyone else but within the last 4 months or so i'd rate him in the top 5 easily. That quote and the OP's input are pretty much spot on IMO. The only thing is I don't see the Cena vs Morrison match going for 30 minutes. There is barely any long one-on-one matches these days but maybe 15-20 minutes could still work. If JoMo keeps performing to this high standard that he has been than he really deserves to be pushed up into the ME but as you said over a year or so.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
The guy relies too much on fancy spinning moves for me. He's fun to watch but I've only seen one match in his career that stood out. Everything else about the guy besides his looks sucks.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
If most of the top stars get the opportunity to put on a 10-15 minute match on TV, they usually put on a good match. Morrison does the same. Every single time he gets the chance to put on a longer match and show off more, he does so and he puts on great matches every time. So in that way, I think he's one of the best workers in the company. He can have a great match wtih anybody, it's one of the reasons I want him in the main event. Because I know I'll be getting a great main event match.

At the moment they insist upon pushing guys who are kind of bland (in ring)to the main evnet, they all have similar styles, so it would be nice imo to have a different styel of main eventer. Sure these guys can put on a good match, but I never get excited about seeing any of them in the ring. With Morrison I do. Last year he WAS putting on fantastic match after fantastic match on Smackdown, because he was given the chance to do so. Right now, he's on RAW which kind of restricts things because most matches are confined to about three minutes.

But yeh, I think he's as good as anyone in the company right now.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
If most of the top stars get the opportunity to put on a 10-15 minute match on TV, they usually put on a good match. Morrison does the same. Every single time he gets the chance to put on a longer match and show off more, he does so and he puts on great matches every time. So in that way, I think he's one of the best workers in the company. He can have a great match wtih anybody, it's one of the reasons I want him in the main event. Because I know I'll be getting a great main event match.

At the moment they insist upon pushing guys who are kind of bland (in ring)to the main evnet, they all have similar styles, so it would be nice imo to have a different styel of main eventer. Sure these guys can put on a good match, but I never get excited about seeing any of them in the ring. With Morrison I do. Last year he WAS putting on fantastic match after fantastic match on Smackdown, because he was given the chance to do so. Right now, he's on RAW which kind of restricts things because most matches are confined to about three minutes.

But yeh, I think he's as good as anyone in the company right now.
I agree 100%. As a wrestling fan every time theres a John Morrison match I find myself glued to the TV and hella anticipated after for his next. MUCH more than guys like John Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. because their styles tend to get super boring and repetitive.

The problem I think is Morrison just doesn't get that many single matches on tv or on PPV but when he does I feel more often than not hes hella fun to watch.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
JoMo is the most exciting wrestler in the ring on the entire roster imo, he has the ability to put on a great match every time he steps into the squared circle. He can sometimes get a bad rep of being a spot monkey on here but I think that's because he only gets short-mid length matches on RAW and he has to rush through all his moves in a set amount of time, put him in a 10-20 minute match on PPV and you'll get to see his full amazing potential.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
In my opinion Morrison doesn't have great matches what-so-ever. He has good matches, but not great. Now the Undertaker, he has more great matches than anyone else atm in the WWE. Punk puts on around 2-3 great matches per year. Alberto Del Rio will be towards the top of the list as well soon, along with guys like Rey & Edge.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As far as consistency in in ring work goes Morrison does well.I won't call all his matches great.But he always puts on a decent match

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He is fun to watch in the ring but his style might not be everyone's cup of tea, i'm not really a big fan of 'flashy' wrestling but i don't mind it either. I'd say Dolph Ziggler is the most consistent in-ring performer right now because you know everytime he's in the ring you're in for a treat and i prefer his wrestling style than John Morrison's.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
not true.
if we're talking all-time, it's totally true, but partly because he's been in the WWE for two decades.. but yes, if we're talking recently, then no, it's not true.

John Morrison puts on a lot of good matches, yeah. great matches? he hasn't had many of those, but that's not like it's his fault. there are more circumstances that go into a great match besides just your performance in that match.

still don't want him in the main event until they either improve the character or he does better with the role. i know the whole "turn him heel" thing is one of those IWC cliches, but seriously, just looking at Morrison kinda makes me want to punch him in the face. he was bred to be a heel.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
No he doesn't put on great matches more regularly than any other wrestler.

CM Punk, Evan Bourne, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Triple H, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan all put on great matches more regularly then him.
Morrisson definitely puts on more good matches than Punk, Bourne and Trips, in my opinion. About as much as the other guys you mentioned.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
He's not even good in the ring, he's an absolute spot monkey. You could get anyone from the indies to replace Morrison and they'd be better as well.

Ziggler is a better Morrison for starters. The guys kind of look the same in terms of physique and Ziggler puts on better matches and his acting and mic work is better. Bourne puts on better matches, Gabriel puts on much better matches. In fact Gabriel is one of the few people that uses athletic moves and makes them realistic and work. People could learn from him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts