Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is posted yet, but what do you think of John Morrison's second finishing move? That RUNNING KNEE.

I know some of you guys will say the Flying Chuck is his second finisher, but he used that to win against Sheamus @ Survivor Series and Cody Rhodes this past Raw.

In my opinion it's very anti-climatic and it doesn't have that impact.

Thoughts?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I always figured they were both used to set up Starship Pain.

But which the success rate of that actually finishing clean enough, well...I wouldn't mind that knee as a second finisher.

I still love Starship Pain though. Maybe he'll do it off a ladder one day :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,189 Posts

But which the success rate of that actually finishing clean enough, well...I wouldn't mind that knee as a second finisher.

I still love Starship Pain though. Maybe he'll do it off a ladder one day :rolleyes:
How do you do a split legged corkscrew moonsault off a ladder? Sounds painful, if not impossible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I see the Flying Chuck as his move to set up Starship Pain, it's more effective looking and more believable. I just hate that running knee. But maybe I can give it a chance, I used to hate that Punt Randy Orton used to do, not until he Punted Vince. :)

I remember being entertained back in the days of the SvR glitch where you could take RVD and do a split-legged moonsault off a ladder.
Good old times mate! :gun: Smackdown Vs. Raw games right now = IT SUCKS!

·
Registered
283 Posts
He has lots of signature moves he uses to win matches, not just the Starship Pain, but that running knee, the flash kick (to Del Rio) and the backflip-rock-bottom-thing. I like the Starship Pain, but it's always good to add victories where it isn't always the same finishing move to make matches more unpredictable.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Fuck Starship Pain as his finish. It looks cool but like Wasteland could never beat an adult athlete. That running knee looks like it would comatose a bitch.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Yeah, I don't really get it. Certain superstars can get away with having multiple finishers...guys that have earned that right and guys that have reason for having those different finishers. Guys like Kane, Angle, Benoit, and to an extreme Undertaker, had reasons for having multiple finishers. They either had added them into their move set over the years as a result of certain feuds, or they needed a submission and impact finisher.

He should just stick with one because the inconsistancy could hurt him in the long run of getting over at a main event level. The crowd needs to KNOW what the finisher is and be ready for it - especially for a babyface - and I think Starship Pain has that element to it (when he actually hits it lol). It just doesn't do much for the endings to his matches if one week he is able to get a 3 count with some kick to the head, but then other weeks he only gets a 2 count.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I don't mind them as finishers but he does really need to have one main one, and as much as people don't like it. The crowd pop big for Starship Pain and it does look great when it hits. The Flying Chuck, if used regulary could be a finisher too and the running knee does usually look fantastic so that could still be one. But he does need to stick to one and I say just keep StarShip pain, the crowd like it, it looks great, it looks like a proper finisher when it hits, and he's been hitting it well for a couple of months now...

...I still say he should pick up the Superkick now that HBKs gone. He kicks a lot, it suits him and he performs the move well.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I don't mind them as finishers but he does really need to have one main one, and as much as people don't like it. The crowd pop big for Starship Pain and it does look great when it hits. The Flying Chuck, if used regulary could be a finisher too and the running knee does usually look fantastic so that could still be one. But he does need to stick to one and I say just keep StarShip pain, the crowd like it, it looks great, it looks like a proper finisher when it hits, and he's been hitting it well for a couple of months now...

...I still say he should pick up the Superkick now that HBKs gone. He kicks a lot, it suits him and he performs the move well.
Yea the superkick is the best

Didn't he beat ADR with a engurizi

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Yeh, he beat him with the flying chuck...

...and Punk actually NAMED it! :D The announcers usually call it 'The flash kick'.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
2 ladders :rolleyes:
Lol if he tried that he might kill himself.

Anyways I prefer Starship Pain over the running knee and the flying chuck as a finisher. Both moves are good for setting up SSP but I don't think they quite cut it as finishers, having said that I don't mind as long as he keeps winning matches!

·
Registered
648 Posts
He needs to stick with Starship Pain. It looks good, and the crowd pops big and it's something you can sit around and wait for in a match.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
His running knee is damn impressive. I won't mind.

How do you do a split legged corkscrew moonsault off a ladder? Sounds painful, if not impossible.
Morrison is pretty athletic he can do a cork screw without springboarding.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Starship Pain is terrible as the only finisher for anybody hoping to be a Main Eventer. SSP is a hard move to do, and hard to make look good. Almost all established ME guys have simple finishers they can pull off easily. Running knee is a good backup, in case Morrison is competing but not healthy enough to pull off SSP well.

There's a reason almost all of the top guys in WWE history got simple finishers. HBK's SCM, Triple H's Pedigree, Hogan's Leg Drop, Stone Cold's Stunner, The Rock's Rock Bottom & People's Elbow, Bret Hart's Sharpshooter, Taker's Chokeslam, etc. It's not a coincidence.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Forgive me if I'm being a newb here, but I've seen JoMo hit the starship pain atleast 10 times and I've never seen him botch it. What exactly does everybody mean when they say he doesn't do it right sometimes? Is it just because he doesn't always land flat on his belly? I think it's cool pretty much regardless of where he lands.

In regards to it being his finisher, hell yes it should be. It's one of the best moves in the history of pro wrestling IMO, and it has a sick name.

I really thought JoMo was going to win KOTR. He was my prediction and I was pretty sure it was going to happen right up until it didn't. LOL @ CM Punk for revealing the results during the Shaemus/Kofi match.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Forgive me if I'm being a newb here, but I've seen JoMo hit the starship pain atleast 10 times and I've never seen him botch it. What exactly does everybody mean when they say he doesn't do it right sometimes? Is it just because he doesn't always land flat on his belly? I think it's cool pretty much regardless of where he lands.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Fuck Starship Pain as his finish. It looks cool but like Wasteland could never beat an adult athlete. That running knee looks like it would comatose a bitch.
This isn't MMA though. John Morrison's arsenal is full of flashy, leaping moves, and then they decide to end with a running knee. It looks good imo, but it doesn't fit Morrison at all. He needs to probably use Starship Pain as his finish, play to his gimmick of something ultra-cool.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts