Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just watched some of RAW and I have to say, and I know everyones wrapped up in all the Rock stuff, and the Cena stuff etc but I'm wondering if anyone noticed the change in Morrison Monday night. I'm liking where they seem to be taking his character now. He's suddenly gone through this change since last week. Apparently because of CM Punks attack on his eyes. He was incredibly aggressive in ring, and looked fantastic in doing so, the fans got behind him big time and he sold his intensity and anger perfectly. Basically single handedly taking out the other three Nexus members. I think this could actually be the character change that people have been looking for from Morrison.

Also, I know that Punk/Orton has been going on, but from the sound of it, they seem to be building some other kind of Morrison/Punk angle. Morrison shouted 'I hope your watching Punk' and the announcers played up how Punk had, 'gone too far' and 'tried to end his career'. Not sure if it's leading anywhere or not, but I would be all for it.

He performed very, very well on RAW and I hope they don't just drop this 'aggressive' streak for him after only a couple of weeks. Thoughts?

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
With everything that happened on Raw, of course you take special notice of John Morrison. :p

I kid. I was actually considering making a thread on the same subject.

I liked the segment. But I doubt they're going with Morrison/Punk anytime soon. They'll likely have some kind of interaction in the Raw EC match, but the plan appears to be Orton/Punk.

As Kofi Kingston fans can verify, WWE does this with babyfaces they're very high on--let them actually have a pair, stand up for themselves, fight back against nasty heels, sometimes even fight fire with fire--but by itself it's not much to suggest that he's about to break through to the main event level in the near future. However, it was one of the best segments he's had in terms of actual character development in a long, long, long time.

I'm guessing he's still the frontrunner for the prospective Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, should there be one, though.

If the unthinkable happens (Cena/Rock at Wrestlemania), then it may once again leave a slight opening to Morrison shocking the world and winning the Raw EC match, setting up Morrison/Miz for the WWE Championship. But the odds of that happening are about 0.2%.

· Registered
184 Posts
They change him to "Brutal Morrison". It makes him look stronger. At least I make him look believable enough to have chance to win this Sunday.

As for R-truth. At least he didn't make any mistake this week.

· Registered
866 Posts
I'm starting to get a little feeling that Morrison may win the EC title match, still believe its Cena though, but with the Rock doing his whole little bit on Cena, it might be Rock vs. Cena, unlikely but a pretty cool feud option. But it's most likely Miz vs Cena with the Rock as special referee.

Anyways its still pretty cool to see Morrison being given a shot, he's getting close to being main event, he's always so close and made to look good regardless of what happens. He's awesome and will bring some variety to the main event scene, the sort of variety that is lacking since J. Hardy left (note Hardy gets a lot of hate, but he was good for one thing), the person that everyone knows will do something awesome perhaps breath taking.

Its a little bittersweet, the Rock showing up, it overshadows everything else that happened this Raw.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
He was impressive. I like him as a wrestler anyway, but this aggressive incarnation is good stuff. Hope he keeps it up for a while, and only good things can come out of a Punk/Morrison feud so I hope it ends up that way.

· Registered
1,354 Posts
He never really performed 'well', but yeah we all like to see an anihalation every now and again. I am pretty sure that he will win the E.C. Miz will beat King, and King at WM is a massive let down and everyone knows. Cena will have some Rock issues and Orton Vs Miz has happened too much. I think R-Truth is in yes? Well either way, he sucks lol. The rest are heels and won't go against Miz. He can be good when they make him, but I cant get past the homofasion and shit. If they change his music and make him a little less of a mo, then yeah I guess I could get behind him.....pause.

Reactions: Agmaster

· Registered
822 Posts
I do love his funny side though. When he's allowed to use his humour his promo's are awesome. Him & Miz were gold. Isn't there space for another wrestler like that?

He did impress me in this match, a couple of his slams were nice.

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Disagree, Edge and Morrison are embarrassing when they make their awful jokes. Cena is good, but I think we all know who the best is. The Rock? Hell no...Kane bitches.

Reactions: ADAMRKO

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With everything that happened on Raw, of course you take special notice of John Morrison. :p

I kid. I was actually considering making a thread on the same subject.

I liked the segment. But I doubt they're going with Morrison/Punk anytime soon. They'll likely have some kind of interaction in the Raw EC match, but the plan appears to be Orton/Punk.

As Kofi Kingston fans can verify, WWE does this with babyfaces they're very high on--let them actually have a pair, stand up for themselves, fight back against nasty heels, sometimes even fight fire with fire--but by itself it's not much to suggest that he's about to break through to the main event level in the near future. However, it was one of the best segments he's had in terms of actual character development in a long, long, long time.

I'm guessing he's still the frontrunner for the prospective Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, should there be one, though.

If the unthinkable happens (Cena/Rock at Wrestlemania), then it may once again leave a slight opening to Morrison shocking the world and winning the Raw EC match, setting up Morrison/Miz for the WWE Championship. But the odds of that happening are about 0.2%.
I think there is a difference between Kofi and Morrison which causes me to think that Morrison's character change might stick and might mean they are actually taking time to help build him a character now, as it appears to be the case.

Kofi Kingston was a filler feud with Orton back in 09, at the time it might have looked like he was 'breaking out' but it was a feud to bridge the gap for Orton and to give him something to do, as soon as it stopped...as did Kingstons push. However Morrison has had his feud with the heel main eventer (Sheamus), Morrison has won the feud (Kingston didn't), he has then gone on to build more momentum as the weeks go by, getting more over as the weeks go by. His push hasn't stopped in the slightest. It's been going for a good five months or so. So imo, they are gearing him up to become a face main eventer and giving him a character to boot.

There probably will be something going on with Punk/Morrison in the chamber, althougha s you said, the likely outcome will be a Orton/Punk Mania match, I would hope they could come back to the feud at some point though because I've always wanted to see a Morrison/Punk feud with the roles reversed. I think the Punk character would mix very well with the more aggressive Morrison character we've been seeing.

If he's in Money in the Bank, he will win I think, because if they have built anyone for getting the case, it's Morrison. But you're right, with Rocks promo, IF he did have a match, it might just be against Cena and in that case we could get Morrison/Miz or something to that nature. It's probably more likely Rock ends up as guest referee though.

Oh and...that was the first time his knee to the face finisher has been recognised as an actual finisher. The fans loved it, and loved the more aggressive Morrison.

Reactions: Agmaster

· Banned
5,164 Posts
I think it's just a temporary thing to give him an edge in the Chamber. After that all will be well again. I highly doubt they'll involve Morrison in the feud between Punk and Orton. He'd just clutter it up.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Just watched some of RAW and I have to say, and I know everyones wrapped up in all the Rock stuff, and the Cena stuff etc but I'm wondering if anyone noticed the change in Morrison Monday night. I'm liking where they seem to be taking his character now. He's suddenly gone through this change since last week. Apparently because of CM Punks attack on his eyes. He was incredibly aggressive in ring, and looked fantastic in doing so, the fans got behind him big time and he sold his intensity and anger perfectly. Basically single handedly taking out the other three Nexus members. I think this could actually be the character change that people have been looking for from Morrison.

Also, I know that Punk/Orton has been going on, but from the sound of it, they seem to be building some other kind of Morrison/Punk angle. Morrison shouted 'I hope your watching Punk' and the announcers played up how Punk had, 'gone too far' and 'tried to end his career'. Not sure if it's leading anywhere or not, but I would be all for it.

He performed very, very well on RAW and I hope they don't just drop this 'aggressive' streak for him after only a couple of weeks. Thoughts?
Agreed. Was very happy to see a more straight forward and less flashy/ corny entrance. I hope they push this side of his character more. He has all the potential in the world.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
I've mever not liked his flash intro because I think it suites JoMo but yeah it was nice to see him have that look of pure vengence on his face last night.

As for the EC Match this sunday even though I would Mark out big time if he won I can't see it happening, he'll probably be either the 2nd to last to be eliminated or theres a small chance he will be the last to be elimanated

· Registered
5,747 Posts
*hasn't read a post yet* But I fucking LOVED IT! Are you watching PUNK?! I actually marked. For Jomo. Was hoping a conflict would be borne between him and truth, with truth going heel...but meh. Beggars...choosers...you know the rhyme.

I like the dichotomy JoMo presents. Oh sure, we like wrestlers to present themselves out of the ring as in the ring, but when it's just one guy and he's really good physically (jomo) i think it's a good way to stand out. Keep the slowmo, keep the pyro, KEEP THE PANTS (the look cool, and the are no more gay than trunks that are < daisy dukes, you fucking homophobes. it's not that big a deal.), hell switch the fur to leather if you must, do change the music though. Maybe something slower, and not so generic rocky? Maybe something Jim Mo would play. Of course it'd have to be over produced.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I loved the fact JoMo played up the fact he was not happy about last week. But yes, his punches were weird, especially at the start up of the sequence. But his kicks were ridiculous! I felt a bit sorry for McGillicutty. And JoMo totally made Otunga his bitch with his spinebuster takedown move. I marked for that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.