Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Morrison recently appeared on The Buzzards Wrestling Podcast to talk about various topics. Here are some of the highlights:

On The Miz still working for the WWE:

“He’s an extremely hard-working guy and one thing to note on successful professional wrestlers, in my opinion, is people believing their own hype, living their own gimmick, people who are emphatically themselves, The Miz is all those things. I think that’s why, when you’re watching him, he seems like The Miz all the time, there’s no slipping in and out of character and that’s because he’s doing him, that’s who he is, obviously with the volume turned up on TV. It’s rare that you can find somebody that’s so all-encompassing as a character and I think that’s why he’s been so successful.”

On WWE and Impact Wrestling using ideas from Lucha Underground:

“Totally agree. I feel like Lucha Underground was the first promotion that’s really integrated the gritty, action movie feel with wrestling. Shooting the vignettes that stitch Lucha Underground together, with coverage like a TV show or a movie has set that trend. You’re right, the Total Deletion and WWE House of Horrors and even some of the costumes in WWE. I feel the trends were started in Lucha Underground.”
/

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
He definitely isnt wrong about them stealing ideas from Lucha Underground.

The whole 2016 Royal Rumble storyline was just a cheap ripoff of Aztec Warfare.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Yes because Aztec Warfare not ripoff of the Royal Rumble
Aztec Warfare story line was one vs all, a champion having to outlast 19 challengers or whatever it was.

Then a couple of months later and suddenly WWE is running a 1 vs all storyline with Roman having to outlast 29 challengers to keep his title.

Its obvious who copied who.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Aztec Warfare story line was one vs all, a champion having to outlast 19 challengers or whatever it was.

Then a couple of months later and suddenly WWE is running a 1 vs all storyline with Roman having to outlast 29 challengers to keep his title.

Its obvious who copied who.
Everyone copies everyone in wrestling mate, it happens. The WWE invented the Royal Rumble and in turn, every other wrestling promotion copied that and added their own little twist to it. Hell, I'm not even sure Aztec Warfare was the first of its kind. The presentation probably, but in terms of match rules there were probably not the first to use those. The Royal rumble format has been tweakedso much by so many different companies that I highly doubt that Aztec Warfare did it first and even then, I doubt it really matters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts