Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
He had it all apart from mic skills. Popularity, looks, body, ability, popularity, charisma. If they worked on his promo skills and gave him good material and storylines he COULD have been top face.
I'm pretty sure with his personality and looks he could have crossed over into other forms of media too.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It was a shame because it looked like he was going to get a sustained main event push in 2010 after he pretty much kicked Sheamus' ass in every match they had. I thought he would win the Rumble or have an amazing showing in it and go on to challenge and beat The Miz at Wrestlemania 27. But it's like they just lost interest in him.
I know there was meant to be some backstage heat with Trish Stratus but come on, is that enough to job the guy out for months on end?
He showed his quality in that program with R Truth too. They should have had a big blow off match at Summerslam 2011.
He was a complete missed opportunity.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I know he'd make a better face, but what if JoMo was a Heyman guy instead of Axel and Ryback?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Ya know, when he took time away from WWE, I felt it was a good thing, it got to a point where he just got stuck in a rut and it kinda felt like him being there was getting tedious, you had other talents on the roster doing what he did (IE Kofi), and he wasn't really getting the right angles or storyline involvement, so when he left WWE, at that time ... I thought it was the best thing he could have done.

Now that he's been away for a while, I think him coming back would be very welcomed, I'd love to see him come back, but possibly with a total new persona and revamp, not that whole rock star type persona he had before, he could be something really good!

He's very talented, and it seems like now there is room for him more so, than when he was stuck in the rut he was in before, so yeah, I'd love to see him return for sure!

·
Banned
213 Posts
Morrison was doing an unbelievable moves... He should come back! :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I still don't see why people say he sucks on the mic as a face he did but when he was with the miz? Dude was fucking gold.

·
Registered
678 Posts
He made the right choice to stay away from wwe for a while. Dont be like drew mcintyre and become a jobber. As for John Morrison, he can always come back and fight as a midcarder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still don't see why people say he sucks on the mic as a face he did but when he was with the miz? Dude was fucking gold.
Agreed, The Dirt Sheet was brilliant, some of the funniest WWE stuff I've seen in a while.

For what it's worth, Morrison told WWE.com about a return "By the time you hear the thunder it'll be too late because the lightning will have already struck" so...it's only a manner of time..?

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
Can anyone explain the Melina situation?
Melina was a bitch backstage and no one liked her..she got fired for complaining a lot, for not being at WM 27 , and for convincing Morrison that Trish took her play ( although Melina was heel and they needed a face...anw) so Morrison gave Trish the cold shoulder at WM ( she was nice and all, tried to hug him after the match, he acted like she wasn't even there, it was kinda of a disrespect for a WWE legend like Trish)..so he got some heat...
and after Melina got fired she once tried to get backstage like she was still hired by the company but they didn't allow her and she caused a lot of problems..He continued till his contract expired and the left, I guess she probably convinced to leave so they'd be together..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts