Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that's where the DiBiase fued is headed? Morrison seems to have been an on-and-off thorn in DiBiase's side since the draft. Now that their fued is heating up, do you think it'll ultimately culminate in a match where DiBiase puts his father's belt on the line, with Morrison taking it from him?

That would definately add interest to the fued, with DiBiase trying to get it back. Not to mention, for some reason the Dollar Belt would look good with Morrison's attire.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If DiBiase puts his belt on the line, then Morrison should put something on the line to, how about a microphone? Morrison should lose then.

Man, this feud should just have matches, can you imagine the two blandest people talking to eachother every week? Terrible :lmao

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I could see it, and thought that could be where it was going. It would be interesting to see Dibiase put the Million Dollar title on the line as a proper championship. And as others say, it would go well with Morrison's attire. Although not sure why Dibiase would put the title on the line for no reason. Unless Morrison either wins the US, or MITB briefcase, and in that case they could do US/MITB vs. Million Dollar title. Just a thought. I'm glad their actually doing something, feudwise with both Morrison and Dibiase though. They've been in no mans land for too long (especially Morrison).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Morrison will win Money in the Bank. And at Summerslam it's a Million Dollar Championship vs. Money in the Bank Match :D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I like the idea of it traded between Morrison and Dibiase but it needs to eventually stay as Teds property.

They should have taken a few weeks to build up Ted & Maryse, maybe even a couple of months, seriously and not just guest hosts and have him introduce the Million Dollar belt everytime until he starts to wrestle and beats a whole load of Raw superstars til, let's say Morrison has a MITB contract VS the Million Dollar Belt souly because Morrison is so sick of Ted not facing him.

I dunno, I got bored of that idea half way through haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
i like morrison but that million dollar champion belongs to the dibiase family

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
As others have said, the belt is a prop for Ted. Would you have a match over 'Taker's hat or Cody's jacket? Of course not so why should the Million Dollar belt be any different?

A case could be made for Brett Dibiase to try and win it when he gets called up but it wouldn't be a sanctioned title match, more a case of bragging rights between the brothers.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
^^I was just about to say the same thing lol The Million Dollar title is...a title, a championship. It is named as such. Therefore making it completely different from a hat, or a jacket.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
^^I was just about to say the same thing lol The Million Dollar title is...a title, a championship. It is named as such. Therefore making it completely different from a hat, or a jacket.
But not one created by WWE specifically for the purposes of competition but rather as a prop to build heat for one specific wrestler. A prop that has now been passed to the wrestler's son for the same reason. It has no business being a sanctioned title in WWE which has (imo) too many titles already. It should remain the sole property of Ted Dibiase or maybe Brett since that's an obvious angle to run with.

My comparison with a hat or jacket was an extreme example, a better one might be the Big Gold Belt which Flair brought with him when he signed to WWF in '91.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
But not one created by WWE specifically for the purposes of competition but rather as a prop to build heat for one specific wrestler. A prop that has now been passed to the wrestler's son for the same reason. It has no business being a sanctioned title in WWE which has (imo) too many titles already. It should remain the sole property of Ted Dibiase or maybe Brett since that's an obvious angle to run with.

My comparison with a hat or jacket was an extreme example, a better one might be the Big Gold Belt which Flair brought with him when he signed to WWF in '91.
Except that it has been put on the line and won by Virgil in the past.

In any case, I bloody hope not. No-one should hold that belt except DiBiase. When they don't feel he needs it anymore, it should go directly back to the vault in Titan Towers.

peepoholic said:
As others have said, the belt is a prop for Ted. Would you have a match over 'Taker's hat or Cody's jacket?
Maybe not, but WCW were happy to have people fight over Buff Bagwell's mother. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
People, the million dollar belt isn't a title like the IC, or World titles. Like it was previously stated, it's a prop. Much like a cane, or a snake. It's wrestling they can put whatever they want up for grabs if they so choose to. Hell, actual people have been put on the line for a match. Take for exmp the Steiner/Test feud.

As for Morrison winning the Million Dollar belt, it could be a great idea if he were to have it melted down in to an awesom gold diamond necklace for his new valet Maryse. However, it would later be revealed that Morrison never melted the belt down. Maybe have him give it to Teddy's younger brother Bret who would later debut in NXT season 3 if there is such a show.

Making this prop purely a family ordeal. I would suggest adding a little more creativity to the belt. Something along the lines of making up a story that suggests which ever Dibiase holds the title longer inherits his father's fortune. It would be a great way to start a feud with the two brothers.

Morrsion should take Maryse from Teddy, and completely fool her once the time is right. Remember she trashed him, and his beloved coat. Morrison could tell her she doesn't even know the difference between fake diamonds (cubic zirconia), and fool's gold. As for the set up to embarrass, I would have the set return of Melina involved in this somehow.

Which would then set up a relationship with the two again. Eventually John would heel turn on her lame ass. Remember the WWE hasn't don't a script with these two ending on bad terms. After that, I would think Morrison's new attitude would be accompanied by a new look, new entrance music, and possibly Jackson Andrews as his "back up". John should have a beard by this time as well, and maybe even find a new finisher like SCM.

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
The JoMo/Ted & Maryse feud is just to set up Melina's return, to reunite her with JoMo and help him out a bit. I'm callling a mixed tag match at SummerSlam too!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts