Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why does jomo get so much hate by iwc, i mean he is talented in the ring, i know he sucks at promos but he is over with the casual fans, if kali got the world title why not jomo?
he is not bad.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
772 Posts
Why does jomo get so much hate by iwc, i mean he is talented in the ring but he sucks at promos but he is over with the casual fans, if kali got the world title why not jomo?
he is not bad.
:side:

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
funny is'nt it a guy with no mic skill or personality but is very dynamic and exciting in the ring and never has a bad match and also has a good look

iwc usually loves no mic skill great in ring workers lol

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I think the Miz is a big reason why that or the expectations Morrison had to live up to.

When people see The Miz, or atleast when I see the Miz, I look at Morrison and ask myself "...What happened?" He just didn't live up to the expectations.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I don't know about everybody else's deal with Morrison but with me, it's not just hate. It's just that he's not good. Morrison has been with the company for almost a decade now (I know, right) and has still not improved enough to be considered anything more than a midcard talent at best. There are much better talent out in the Indies and Japan would be more of a beneficial talent than Morrison. His mic skills are infamously bad on epic levels of Jeff Farmer-dom. His moveset is impressive but not enough to maintain any interest for the crowd to care enough about him. Hell, Bourne and Cara can do better movesets than what JoMo is offering. Morrison has no presence and his gimmick as a Jim Morrison Parkour guy is not going to get him any further in the ranks unless he changes something about it. Not saying a heel turn but something needs to be done because the fans just don't care. It also doesn't help that R-Truth pretty much owned throughout their entire feud to the point where when Morrison got his feud ending victory, finally, it meant shit because he needed a Falls Count Anywhere match to finally beat Truth when Truth beat him clean two weeks prior. Morrison is good for a face pop or two for his matches but, as much as I don't like to use this term a lot like others, he has become the white Shelton Benjamin. A potential talent who can try to give more of a damn but his efforts don't translate to the ring.

Basically, to me, it seems like Morrison treats pro wrestling like a job rather than a career.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
His moveset is impressive but not enough to maintain any interest for the crowd to care enough about him. Hell, Bourne and Cara can do better movesets than what JoMo is offering.
Bourne, maybe. Definitely not Mistico. Never saw the deal with Mistico anyway. He's just a crappier Bourne/Mysterio who can't wrestle the WWE style. Morrison has got to have one of the top three movesets in the company.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
I don't hate him, he's just never done anything in his career to make me care about him.

Sure he's decent in the ring, but he's bland as fuck outside it. Just a generic all smiling, all dancing face or a smug pretty boy heel, I've seen it done a billion times by much better people.

Doesn't help that I've never seen him hit his finishing move and that his secondary is one that depends entirely on his opponent, with only 3 or 4 guys in the company who he can actually do it with.

Plus the parkour crap annoys me. It wasn't cool when RVD did it, it isn't cool now.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Jack swagger got a push and his promos are even worse. Mark Henry has never delivered a memorable promo (unless you count sexual chocolate or the fact that he is sort of the world's strongest man. i guess that sells itself).

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Jack swagger got a push and his promos are even worse. Mark Henry has never delivered a memorable promo (unless you count sexual chocolate or the fact that he is sort of the world's strongest man. i guess that sells itself).
Wrong, Swagger delivers great promos backstage and on stage, and actually gets the reaction he deserves, massive heat. Yes I understand the lisp holds him back on the mic, but his mic skills are way better then most talents on the roster. John Morrsion is ok but he seems way too try hard and forced, and just isn't interesting on the mic.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
He got injured and missed MITB, i think he would have won, right now there is just no direction for him, Plus the IWC hates faces. I feel most are jealous :p

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
My biggest problem with him is I cannot buy into the illusion he would go out and get in and win a fight. Worked or not the point of Pro Wrestling is the manipulate the fans into giving a crap about whats going on in the ring/backstage/whatever, and to me Morrison completely fails. In fact I usually groan when ever I see him pop up on TV because I find his "character" is pretty embarrassing. He's good for the occasional cheap pop for doing an impressive spot and his selling is better than quite a few other guys on the roster but he is still just a glorified pretty boy doing gymnastics.

And this is without the obvious digs at his inability to cut a promo or be interesting on his own.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I cant speak for each individual person, but I do think Morrison should be a lot better than he actually is. Like someone said, he has had the best part of a decade and isnt really much better than when he started. He isnt a bad performer by any means, but when you stop and think of the time he has been around, its surprisingly slow progress.

Although I must say, from passively observing the multi-page threads that pop up about him and/or Melina from time to time, I think the IWC has an interesting reverse push mentality about him. Whenever he is low on the card and not doing much you get a chorus of "he should get a title run, why isnt he in the main event" and then when he has a main event match its "they are overpushing the talentless hack". For someone that people apparently dont care about he doesnt half generate a lot of posted debate.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts