Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On his new shirt it say "were gonna eat your lunch", which basically means "if you leave your opportunity out for so long, I will take it"

Most people especially the fans of the attitude era, think it's a stupid.

I have one phrase for you guys that sounds stupider than John Morrisons

"IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING"

I am sure most of you guys with more than a quarter of a brain can some what agree

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Re: For those laughing at John Morrison catchphrase shirt

It's still a stupid catchphrase which I don't think will ever get over.

Yes, the Rock's catchphrase was stupid, but it got over with the crowd and was a big part of pop culture.

·
Registered
572 Posts

The difference is the Rock was supremely charismatic, and could get any phrase over.

Jomo is not, and as much as I like him, this lunch thing could, and perhaps should, be his end.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts

The catchphrase is terrible, it shows barely any relevance to John Morrison's character apart from the fact it is meant to be a play on the his so-called "Jomosapiens", which sucks as well. It's not clever, or funny and that in a nutshell really sums John Morrison's personality.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts

You just compared Morrison to the Rock? Really...really? *facepalm*

There's a HUGE difference tween JoMo and Rocky. Rock was overflowing with charisma and mic skills whereas Morrison has next to no charisma or mic skills to be honest.

·
Registered
873 Posts

You just compared Morrison to the Rock? Really...really? *facepalm*

There's a HUGE difference tween JoMo and Rocky. Rock was overflowing with charisma and mic skills whereas Morrison has next to no charisma or mic skills to be honest.
He wasn't comparing the characters. He was saying "If you're laughing at this stupid catchphrase, don't forget one of the biggest wrestlers of all time had a really stupid one too." Not "Morrison > Rocky" or anything.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Nah, Rock's catchphrase was creative and became huge in and out of the wrestling world.
Morrison's just retarded, seriously who gave this guy creative power? Jomosapiens + were gonna eat your lunch? ugliest shirt i have ever seen. waste of money to even print this.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts

He wasn't comparing the characters. He was saying "If you're laughing at this stupid catchphrase, don't forget one of the biggest wrestlers of all time had a really stupid one too." Not "Morrison > Rocky" or anything.[/QUOTE

My apologies then OP, sorry about that buddy. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts

I like to think that it's a jab at Morrison from the WWE. Many people bring their own lunch to work. Morrison's lunch was Melina, and everyone ate her.
That actually makes sense! LOL awesome dude.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts

Good thing he took those comedy lessons, he might be able to tour with Mick Foley soon.

·
Banned
65 Posts

WWE is making morrison a jobber so fans will think thats the end of morrison but he is going to get a major push in the few weeks ahead and will win the wwe title

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Who remembers a couple years ago on ECW when Shelton Benjamin told Sheamus (I think) to bring his lunchbox when they face each other the next week, lol

·
Registered
826 Posts

Wow, can Morrison get any lower? That's one of the worst catchphrases I have ever seen, how can Morrison, someone who has no presence on the mic whatsoever, deliver such a shitty catchphrase like that and expect it to sell. At least The Rock had character, thus being able to sell his. And even still, that catchphrase is worse than having a gimmick like the Brooklyn Brawler.

·
Registered
62 Posts

You do know that Rock didn't just say "If you smell what the rock is cooking" and instantly became a hit.

Pretty sure he was a heel when he first said it.

You don't just get a shirt and create a new catch phrase, you create the catch phrase and then the shirt...

See CP Punks ICE CREAM shirt.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts