Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
She got the Bad Influence treatment she's done an interview with Russo on his Swerve podcast. I think John Gaburick rates Taryn Terrell more than Velvet Sky since she s being built up like a star at the moment. She also said she would go back though if she was wanted.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Re: 'John Gaburick didn't renew my contract' says Velvet Sky

Wasn't She Knockout of the Year and on the cover of the Knockouts calendar? Why the Hell would they not want Velvet Sky around? Talk about turnover. How many people have been let go by TNA in the last 2 years?

Velvet deserved better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: 'John Gaburick chose not to renew my contract' says Velvet Sky

Eight years with the company and still can't wrestle, she got better than she deserved.

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agreed her Bound for Glory match with Havok was terrible and there was a horrible spot with Rebel in a Knockout Battle Royal I recall too you'd think Rebel was the veteran in that

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

Eight years with the company and still can't wrestle
:shrug
..and???

if enough people actually cared about how good the women could wrestle women's wrestling would be looked at differently. not enough people care. wrestling ability is only part of what goes into wrestling, for the women or men. it's even less important for the women.

John Gaburick is the guy that needs to go.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I figured this was the case. Kinda surprising they didn't renew Velvet's contract considering she's pretty much the face of the knockouts division. I guess Taryn will end up being the new face of the knockouts division, seeing as how she's the current Knockouts champion.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I get shes upset but im sorry i dont agree with what she said online. A company and specially a sport have all the right to decide to not renew anyones contract. You cant keep someone forever.

The fact she said this is how they treat me after 8 years. Yes they gave you a job for 8 years and now your times up. Get over it and move on.

Honestly i see this ongoing with workers and this company. I feel like because TNA is the second rate company. Everyone feels like they are worthy of something when they join them.

·
Registered
274 Posts

..and???

if enough people actually cared about how good the women could wrestle women's wrestling would be looked at differently. not enough people care. wrestling ability is only part of what goes into wrestling, for the women or men. it's even less important for the women.

Yes it's all about being entertained, so what exactly has Velvet done in the last 3 years that was entertaining? She cant wrestle and her acting is shit, let Rebel shake her ass before she gets in the ring I'm sure she is much more affordable anyway.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts

Yes it's all about being entertained, so what exactly has Velvet done in the last 3 years that was entertaining? She cant wrestle and her acting is shit, let Rebel shake her ass before she gets in the ring I'm sure she is much more affordable anyway.
I get we have people defending its not all about wrestling. But exactly lets be realistic here. What has her character been other then shaking her ass on the front rope ? She has not done anything creative. Everyone gets replaced and yes The new girl is not going to bring something unque,But what i give her is respect for trying hard to wrestle and do some daring moves. Her time will come when its up. Then we have acutel appealing characters like havok. People always forget that its about the character and if not then its very little your providing.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,942 Posts
Can Velvet's word be taken as truth though? Or is she playing the fans for a potential storyline down the line? I mean it wouldn't be beyond the realms to believe that Velvet and TNA are on good terms and they are simply swerving the fans. Maybe in a few weeks/month we'll see her sexy ass back on Impact, and this all turns out to be an angle.

Here's my reasons for doubt
The last time Velvet left TNA, I remember reading that Dixie Carter called her up personally to ask her to come back. I was under the impression that maybe Velvet was well in with TNA management or at least Dixie anyway.

Velvet is one of their most popular knockouts. Even if she wasn't all that talented, she still adds sex appeal to the Knockout Division, and is over with the fans.

I think i've read before, that Velvet is known for doing fake shoots. Doing interviews under the pretense that it's real but actually done for dramatic effect. There was one interview a few years ago where I think she slapped someone and walked out of the interview abruptly. But there was skepticism that the interview was real. She has also done interviews in character as well. Given that she was on Vince Russo's podcast, he was probably in on it too.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Velvet was never a good Knockout. Very few people will miss seeing her. Gaburick made the right choice imo.

·
Banned
898 Posts

..and???

It was before Hogan came in and ruined the Knockouts division.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.