Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
RVD
Brock Lesnar
Randy Orton
The Rock

(In no particular order)

Would you agree with this list? Keep in mind that these are Cena's best rivals, not neccessarily his best matches. My list would go a little something like this...

1. Edge (Cena's best rivalry by far)
2. Randy Orton (WWE would probably tell you this was his best rivalry)
3. The Rock (The only man to ever truly get one over on Cena)
4. Wade Barrett (No one can deny that he made Cena's life hell)
5. CM Punk (The only guy who ever came close to taking Cena's throne)
6. Batista (He was the anti-Cena. He represents everything Cena is not)
7. Brock Lesnar (Gave him the beating of his life at Extreme Rules)
8. Umaga (Gave Cena one of his best matches at the Royal Rumble 2007 - Last Man Standing)
9. Big Show (When you feud with him that much, it's kinda hard to not include him)
10. JBL (He's to Cena, what Iron Shiek was to Hogan.)

People who miss out on my list - Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Bobby Lashley, The Great Khali, Carlito, Alberto Del Rio, Kane, Sabu, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, RVD, The Miz, Sheamus.

Here's another fun fact for you, Sheamus has yet to be defeated by John Cena and he holds three WWE title victories over him. Two of which were title wins.

·
Registered
231 Posts
According to WWE.com
Edge
Batista
JBL
Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Shawn Michaels
RVD
Brock Lesnar
Randy Orton
The Rock

(In no particular order)

Would you agree with this list? Keep in mind that these are Cena's best rivals, not neccessarily his best matches. My list would go a little something like this...

1. Edge (Cena's best rivalry by far)
2. Randy Orton (WWE would probably tell you this was his best rivalry)
3. The Rock (The only man to ever truly get one over on Cena)
4. Wade Barrett (No one can deny that he made Cena's life hell)
5. CM Punk (The only guy who ever came close to taking Cena's throne)
6. Batista (He was the anti-Cena. He represents everything Cena is not)
7. Brock Lesnar (Gave him the beating of his life at Extreme Rules)
8. Umaga (Gave Cena one of his best matches at the Royal Rumble 2007 - Last Man Standing)
9. Big Show (When you feud with him that much, it's kinda hard to not include him)
10. JBL (He's to Cena, what Iron Shiek was to Hogan.)

People who miss out on my list - Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Bobby Lashley, The Great Khali, Carlito, Alberto Del Rio, Kane, Sabu, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, RVD, The Miz, Sheamus.

Here's another fun fact for you, Sheamus has yet to be defeated by John Cena and he holds three WWE title victories over him. Two of which were title wins.
i agree with your list dude apart from top 3 where i'd have 1.Rock 2.Edge 3.Orton

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
1. The Rock by far. The most and ONLY true "all-time memorable" program and match in his entire career. Great, iconic match that is going down in history as this generation's Hogan/Andre, Rock/Austin and Rock/Hogan. The elite class.

2. Kurt Angle, Angle was the guy who put him over huge in 2003, 2004 and especially 2005, Cena had terrible match after terrible match in that period and Vince put Angle with Cena at the February PPV just so he can get a decent match out of him before he's going to WM to take the belt, and of course Angle did it big time and not only that, but turned his hometown crowd against him just for Cena. Then put him over in the entire program for the title. Although at some point, it backfired because people loved and appreciated Kurt too much to see him get this horrendous treatment and turned on Cena from there.

3-5. Edge, Orton and Batista.

That's top 5, after that you can put HBK and then HHH.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Cena's best rivalry is still JBL, though I think his with Punk has come closest since. It was Cena's feud with JBL that made him into the star he is today, and I honestly think his best work ever. For all his other great feuds, the other guy has been the one pulling the weight, or the feud was nothing more than hype, WWE throwing 2 big names together and pretending they hate each-other. JBL and Cena was two guys at the absolute top of their game, and they had some god-damn chemistry.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Kurt Angle (Put him over in his debut match, during his doctor of thuganomics gimmick, and during his first WWE Title run)
Edge (his first true rival after he became the face of WWE)
Triple H (Put him over at WM22 by tapping out)
Booker T (Put him over during his feud for the US title feud)
Randy Orton (his second true rival since becoming the face of WWE)
Brock Lesnar (the original face of WWE until he left and Cena took over)
HBK (Put him over at WM23 by tapping out/60 minute match on RAW)
JBL (Was built up as this Unbeatable Heel Champion only so Cena could be the one to take him down)
Big Show (FU at Survivor Series 2003/Gave him his first WM win and US championship)
Undertaker (Put him over in his debut by shaking his hand and during his heel run in 2003)

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
1. Rock - by far the biggest, and most memorable match of Cena's career.
2. JBL - he put Cena over huge.
3. Edge - his best rival.
4. Michaels - some of the best matches of all-time.
5. Orton - Austin was to Rock, what Cena was to Orton.
6. Punk - best feud of 2011.
7. Angle - Cena's debut opponent.
8. Triple H/Batista.
9. Lesnar - one of the most brutal matches in years.
10. Barrett - he made almost the entire arena cheer for Cena.

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,030 Posts
So I'm the only one who thinks his match against Rock was forgettable? The build up was pretty good, the match was totally forgettable. Edge, Punk, JBL, Angle, Orton and Batista.

I think Edge was his best rivalry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.