Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sure everyone remembers cena's rapping gimmick , and I think alot of you might have seen this video since it's pretty well known and alot of people think that guy was a plant.

However, I was watching a few old school cena videos and I came across THIS rap battle, now I'm not sure if that's a plant given the language used (take that last sentence as a warning lol):

Not bad for cena huh? kind of goes to show his rap thing wasn't just a gimmick. I don't know if you've guys already seen this, but since it doesn't have many views and it's the first time I've seen it, I thought it would be cool to share.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
His album was awesome to 13 year old me, and his rap gimmick has always been a favourite of mine.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
I never liked Cena freestyle, i think it certanly sucks...But in fact, his rapper character was absolutely cool, one of the characters with the most potential in history.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
He's good freestyle to be honest but remember he was younger, if anyone thinks he should go back to this then that is laughable. Hes much more maturer, hes evolved past that rapping gimmick and hes no longer a guy kick-starting his career... Cena could never return to that gimmick.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
John Cena back then was extremely entertaining.Even as a heel,I couldn't stop cheering for him.The only two heels I cheered before Cena were Austin and Rock.Some of the segments haven't aged well but back then it was gold.The only reason I defend Cena in this forum is because of how much I liked that gimmick.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
I never honestly cared all that much for the rapper gimmick. At times it was too over the top for my liking and was hard to take seriously. Cena was definitely brilliant on the mic at times, but it ended up having the same problem that the Rock had, it got repetitive and it just ended up being the same thing to me, even if that obviously wasn't the case with the rapping portion always being different.

It's interesting how Cena went from being constantly praised by many for his mic work while being in the rapper gimmick to being hated by many after his gimmick changed and went into something else. It's proof that your gimmick plays a large part in how well you can perform on the mic.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
He's good freestyle to be honest but remember he was younger, if anyone thinks he should go back to this then that is laughable. Hes much more maturer, hes evolved past that rapping gimmick and hes no longer a guy kick-starting his career... Cena could never return to that gimmick.
Yeah, in one of his interviews with Peter Rosenberg he said that he doesn't even listen to rap anymore and that he was more of a fan of country music now.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I used to love it when B-2 would end Cena's freestyles with "BOOYAH!".

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I was a big fan of Cena's rapping gimmick, Cena was really entertaining back then.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I've seen that second video before. Enjoyed his rapping gimmick a lot. It might have been over the top but it was highly entertaining. And as a huge rap fan, I still enjoy his music quite a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts