Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think people just need to calm down and take a look at the similarities.

We all know Hogan wasn't one to put a lot of guys over, he politicked backstage and made deals that if he were to job to someone, he would get a title shot soon after. Or simply to get one win back over Warrior in exchange for that ifamous mania. I think we can all agree this is probably what Cena is doing, like negotiating jobbing to Tensai a few weeks ago to now about to become WWE champ yet again. I mean sure he is the biggest star in the company but he sure knows how to use that power to hardly ever lose clean.

What's the bet he agreed to lose to the Rock at mania only if he got a title shot again? Much like Hogan jobbing to the Rock so he could get the tite a month later.

Expect Cena to stop takers streak next year and become tag team champion by competing on his own.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
If he does win the MITB, he's being set up to lose to Lesnar, Punk or HHH. Maybe even Rock (though they did say "Once in a lifetime", that could just mean Rock v Cena at WM...).

It seems likely that it's Punk though, as they might have a feud at around Summerslam time.

e: A lot of people seem to overreact to Cena doing anything. I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread that goes like; "Wow, Cena did 300 Make-a-Wishes? What a publicity stunt! Fucker will do anything to get cheers cause he's so [email protected]@"

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
It's impossible for Cena to rivel Hogan's politics in today's corporate/sponsership-focused WWE. Plus, HHH seems like a man that knows when to put his foot down. And Vince has 30 years more experience dealing with politicers. While Cena may play politics, he has nowhere near the power that Hogan did.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
How can you compare Cena to Hogan, as far as politics go?

It's common knowledge that Hogan used his pull in refusing to put certain guys over but with Cena, it's pure speculation.

For example: Hogan was WWE Champion for 4 years and convinced Vince to get him 1 more reign in 1993. And although Cena is 10 time WWE Champion, he's lost it 10 times.

Hogan is in another league, as far as politics go.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I do think that Cena can pull the strings and politic to a certain degree, but not as much as Hogan did in WCW. Hogan made sure that he was essentially fucking god in WCW. I doubt Cena could ever reach the level of politics that Hogan did.

Okay, it's like this: Vince is the emperor of WWE, while HHH is the Prime Minister. Cena, however, is a mere general who at best can give his own opinions on how he should be booked. Cena can probably sway the bookers and Vince at times but most of the time, it's vince who has the final say on how Cena is booked.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
HBK is the most underrated politician in WWE history.

I have no idea how he gets away with the disgusting things he did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HBK is the most underrated politician in WWE history.

I have no idea how he gets away with the disgusting things he did.

I second this. Michaels is always over looked when politics are discussed because of the squeaky clean fan favourite persona he portrayed on TV.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

We all know Hogan wasn't one to put a lot of guys over, he politicked backstage and made deals that if he were to job to someone, he would get a title shot soon after. Or simply to get one win back over Warrior in exchange for that ifamous mania. I think we can all agree this is probably what Cena is doing, like negotiating jobbing to Tensai a few weeks ago to now about to become WWE champ yet again. I mean sure he is the biggest star in the company but he sure knows how to use that power to hardly ever lose clean.

What's the bet he agreed to lose to the Rock at mania only if he got a title shot again? Much like Hogan jobbing to the Rock so he could get the tite a month later.

Expect Cena to stop takers streak next year and become tag team champion by competing on his own.
fpalm

Main event faces don't lose clean. Booking 101.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
fpalm

Main event faces don't lose clean. Booking 101.
So you're saying Lesnar didn't beat Rock clean?

Ultimate Warrior didn't beat Hogan clean?

HBK didn't beat Bret clean in 1996?

Rock didn't beat Hogan clean?

I'm sure if I research, I can come up with at least one instance a year for my entire life (26 years) where a face lost clean.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Meh, it's all part of the game. Those that know how to play it well, excel. Those that don't.... sorry 'bout your damn luck.

.... see what I did there?

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Just one? Of the hundreds of matches that happen every year you think you can come up with one? And for some reason you think that disproves what I said?
You said faces don't lose clean. I just named four instances where a face lost clean.

That pretty much disproved it. And if I research every WWE/WCW PPV, I gurantee I can come up with at least 75-100 instances where a main event face lost clean.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
So you're saying Lesnar didn't beat Rock clean?

Ultimate Warrior didn't beat Hogan clean?

HBK didn't beat Bret clean in 1996?

Rock didn't beat Hogan clean?

I'm sure if I research, I can come up with at least one instance a year for my entire life (26 years) where a face lost clean.

Rock beat Cena clean
HHH beat Cena clean

Cena has taken more clean losses as a face than Hogan or Austin

·
Registered
6,492 Posts

No, "we" don't know that. One thing I DO know about the Hulkster is that he made professional wrestling a main stream form of entertainment.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You said faces don't lose clean. I just named four instances where a face lost clean.

That pretty much disproved it. And if I research every WWE/WCW PPV, I gurantee I can come up with at least 75-100 instances where a main event face lost clean.
Sure, you go ahead. I'll wait here.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
You seem to want to prove people wrong at any instance you can, though. I'm sort of surprised you didn't go chase up those examples. :p
It's 5:46 AM. If he would quit choosing to ignore history, he'd know that main event faces have lost clean.

Might not happen often but the fact that it has happened pretty much kills his claim of "main event faces don't lose clean".

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.