Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was Cena's most popular year?.....I think it has to be 2005....he got big pops and his popularity was sky high....He got booed heavily in 2006....2007 and 2008 were pretty good....09-11 were mediocre as far as popularity is concerned...What do you you guys think?

·
Registered
16,325 Posts
The years he was heel and the years he first became face were good years, he had attitude and although I didnt like his rap gimmick I did get a few chuckles from it. Compare him to the Cena of today and its almost laughable. Suppose I should except it, the guy can still put on good matche (at times) but its very rare to see a good promo from him though. Hes just too goofy now!

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,369 Posts
He's always been hugely popular so I don't think there was any one year where he got the most pops. He was just getting exposed in 2005 as the new face of the company, so it took time in order to do that.

·
The legend never dies
4,345 Posts
the day he leaves wwe. haha no but seriously people boo him but hes still more over then 99% of the roster i think Triple H is the only one that could draw more then him

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05 was still kind off better for him...06 was a nightmare....he got booed heavily that year

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
2006/2007, around the time he was feuding with Triple H, Edge and Shawn Michaels. He was already stale as a character but the height of his popularity was still pretty fresh. If we're talking the time when he was most over without any Cena hate, it was probably 2004. I remember him being over with the entire audience at WM20 in his match against Big Show.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
mid 03-04, before Vince decided to make him a poor man's version of Rock and Hogan in 2005-...
although i hated his rap gimmick since 2004, the only time he was somewhat bearable for me, was for a few months in 2003, May-October.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Before facing HHH at Mania and RVD at ONS he was doing very well....against JBL and Edge he consistently got cheered, against Jericho and Angle he got some boos but not as badly as he would later. That was probably when he was at his worst as a wrestler, but his rap gimmick had made him hugely popular

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Well seemingly for the target audience, the general WWE crowd, it's 2004.
Mid-2005 onwards he's had half the crowd against him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts