Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cena has been incredibly stale for years now. The introduction of Brock Lesnar has brought new life in the WWE. Cena has been stream-rolling through his opponents over the years and this is the first time in a long while, I feel Cena has a credible opponent. Cena was the undisputed face of the company for years, no one else even came close. This storyline is having me believe that he could loose his top spot to Lesnar.

Cena is a complete underdog in this storyline. Brock is such a cocky and dominant heel, that finally, Cena has a chance to play the underdog babyface and get some of his adult fans back. This storyline could lead to a change in Cena's character, leading to an eventual heel turn or a edgy babyface, at worst.

The storyline is being played perfectly. During the Cena-Rock fued, Cena cut multiple promos in which he said that he 'just can't lose'. I was expecting Cena to bounce back from the loss easily and go back to being the smily happy-go-lucky babyface. But, the introduction of Brock Lesnar has helped WWE continue the storyline with regards to Cena's character development. He is portrayed as a underdog who has lost all his confidence due to losing to the Rock and now on the verge of losing his top spot to Lesnar. I am really excited to see this storyline unfold at the moment.

Then again, WWE can crash our dreams when Cena bounces back from his downward spiral and beats Lesnar with his 5 moves of doom. But, this time, I sense something big. Please don't disappoint me WWE !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Knowing WWE, they'll have Cena lose to Lesnar at Extreme Rules, make Cena doubt himself, have Cena pull himself through it, beat Lesnar at the rematch (maybe Summerslam?) and then have him go back to the goofy smiling asshole the majority of the IWC hate.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knowing WWE, they'll have Cena lose to Lesnar at Extreme Rules, make Cena doubt himself, have Cena pull himself through it, beat Lesnar at the rematch (maybe Summerslam?) and then have him go back to the goofy smiling asshole the majority of the IWC hate.
I hope WWE does things different this time around. This is the absolute perfect time to change Cena's character. CM Punk is evolving and Lesnar is back at least for an year. I hope the WWE don't screw this up.

·
Premium Member
15,444 Posts
I'm starting to believe Cena is legit scared of Lesnar. We all know that Cena isn't too good of an actor but he played the intimidated role great last night, which causes me to believe it was for real.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The thing is though... i dont think i can ever get behind cena... and i think that most people, regardless of Brock's seemingly selfish attitude, would still rather see Brock win... thats whats fucked up about this whole thing.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
im actually becoming a fan of Cena, slowly but surely ever since the road to wrestlemania and the build up to The Rock, he seems different and the loss to The Rock definitely changed him not in the way we were all expecting either which made it even better. One thing i have to ask though is why is he scared all of a sudden the guy was smiling when Brock busted his lip open and kept on going back for more and now all of a sudden he's scared?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
im actually becoming a fan of Cena, slowly but surely ever since the road to wrestlemania and the build up to The Rock, he seems different and the loss to The Rock definitely changed him not in the way we were all expecting either which made it even better. One thing i have to ask though is why is he scared all of a sudden the guy was smiling when Brock busted his lip open and kept on going back for more and now all of a sudden he's scared?
He should have embraced the hate... probably would have helped in this situation.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I agree, Cena has been the guy I've been interested in the most ever since Survivor Series and that segment with Piper. I don't think WWE will do all of this only to give us a big fat "FU". He's now having legends like Roddy Piper, Kane and Edge telling him to grow a pair and be a man. Brock Lesnar and The Rock have taken advantage of how soft he's become, which only helps with him doubting whatever motto he lives by.

A slow turn will be amazing. I'm wondering which legend(s) will come out next to address this? Perhaps he and Undertaker have a streak match next year when Taker says that he has to let it out if he thinks he can stand a chance against the streak.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Destroy his ass Brock! Again and Again! This is the culmination to a lot of fans suffering for the past 7 years of watching Cena destroy the entire roster. This should have happened in at least 2009 with him starting to doubt himself. Its been too long and now I don't think he'll ever restore the damage that was done.

Simple. Cena wins at ER, Im gone.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Destroy his ass Brock! Again and Again! This is the culmination to a lot of fans suffering for the past 7 years of watching Cena destroy the entire roster. This should have happened in at least 2009 with him starting to doubt himself. Its been too long and now I don't think he'll ever restore the damage that was done.

He won't.. WWE might sometimes be stupid, but not THAT stupid.

·
Registered
354 Posts

:bs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im going to make a prediction that lots and lots of legends and HOFers come out and tell Cena to sort it out but then he will only listen to (when he eventually comes out) The Undertaker because of the debut segment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZYoe75vUc this will then lead to Cena regaining his confidence and at WM29 beating The Rock and Brock Lesnar in a Triple Threat, this allows a Rock vs Lesnar feud again. #excitement

Reactions: johnlucas

·
Registered
829 Posts
WWE can't be that stupid to let Cena go over Lesnar.

It's his first match in 8 years & they made sure to make him look like a monster. If he loses then that's all his momentum gone. Cena can lose and still come out looking good because it will add another layer to his character. I've said this before, Cena is only interesting when he loses.

I find Cena interesting because it makes me want to know what he will do/say next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just a guess nothing behind it

·
-
7,495 Posts
Cena will never develop his character.

This storyline is heading towards the same path as the bullshit 'Rise above the Hate' storyline with Kane.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts