Wrestling Forum banner

Is WWE going to do Rock-Brock at WM31?

• Yes. WWE only cares about money and Brock-Rock is the biggest match up possible

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • No. WWE is pushing their young talents and Reigns or Cesaro will main event next year's Mania

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Cena won the MITB, it's clear as day that WWE does not about smarks or what they want.

The only thing they care about is Network subscribers.

And if they need Network subscribers, they need to make the biggest match up possible, that is Rock-Brock (between arguably WWE's 2 biggest draws).

It seems with Cena winning, that's the road they're going with. The monnaaay road.

It's all about the monnnnay.

Brock beats Cena at the SummerFest, Rock vs Brock Mania 31, Career vs Title :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:

Comments?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Re: John Cena winning MITB makes Rock-Brock a certainty for WrestleMania 31

Remember the last time 2 part timers that were massive draws had a Wrestlemania match?

One of them you just mentioned. And it was arguably the most ill-recieived match in Wrestlemania history. They will not risk it again, let me assure you

·
Registered
2,762 Posts

No chance in hell.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

Depends whether or not they've learned their lesson from trying to increase short-term gain at the expense of f*king everything up in the long run (read: pushing Punk aside in favor of Rock/Cena two years in a row). I'm guessing... no.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Remember the last time 2 part timers that were massive draws had a Wrestlemania match?

One of them you just mentioned. And it was arguably the most ill-recieived match in Wrestlemania history. They will not risk it again, let me assure you
Agreed brother but Rock-Austin III or Vince-Hogan at WMXIX (for example) were also between two "part timers" if you will and they were well received.

Maybe what killed Lesnar-Taker was the predictability of Taker winning.

They need to add some stipulation for Rock-Brock, like I mentioned Title vs Career.

And they need to book everything right, the promos, the feud, the match...

Even if they're part timers, smarks won't boo if they get a quality feud.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

No chance in hell.
Well it was supposed to happen last WrestleMania.

If Vince is willing to end The Streak for The Network, he is d-mn sure willing to do Rock-Brock for the Network brother.

·
Banned
1,402 Posts

I didn't vote for anything in the stupid poll you made. And what the hell makes you think that's happening?

·
Registered
753 Posts

Brock is not holding the title from SS to WM. He shows up 5 times a year, remember?

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts

Cena winning the strap isn't going to do shit for network subscription numbers.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Cena winning the strap isn't going to do shit for network subscription numbers.
Bryan winning it didn't do anything. So it's worth a shot. Cena has proven to be the biggest draw in the past decade.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Brock is not holding the title from SS to WM. He shows up 5 times a year, remember?
Ok then he beats him at the Rumble. Or maybe WWE signed Lesnar to more dates and he can work from SummerFest to Mania.

WWE is that desperate for Network subs.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts

I'm not sure, but iirc, in business 101, they taught us, it really is all about the money.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts

why would a wrestling company not be all about the money? thats all they should be interested in otherwise they die.

rock and lesnar is possible at mania 31 as is reigns winning his first title.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts

When I seen John Cena's dad front row, I knew he had the match. WWE is notorious for blatantly telling you when Cena was gonna win. His dad was ringside against Rock when he won. His dad is always ringside when Cena is in a tough rival. Cena eventually wins. I knew...I knew it wasnt a coincidence that Cena's dad was there because they were in Boston. Naw, I seen past that ish. I didnt even watch the ladder match

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Rock ain't wrestling again.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
He has not ruled out a return to the ring, though he says its scale — both as an event and a payday — would have to equal or exceed his 2013 fight.

The ball is in WWE's Court. If they want to increase Network subscribers (which they do, especially with them releasing the Network worldwide in late 2014 / early 2015) they need a big match to sell it.

I'm 99% sure that Rock-Brock will be next year's WM main event.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Ok then he beats him at the Rumble. Or maybe WWE signed Lesnar to more dates and he can work from SummerFest to Mania.

WWE is that desperate for Network subs.
£5 mill a year for what, 25 dates a year?

Someone with less time on their hands than me could point out how much that would cost but Brock staying that long has no fucking chance of happening. More than likely, he'll go over Cena at SummerSlam, retain at NoC but Rollins cashes in afterwards as the Authority screw Brock (would that turn him face?)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts