Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
From parts unknown
23,178 Posts
^^This is right. For once I'm actually siding with the WWE on this. Cena reverting to his thuganomics gimmick now would really just be completely embarrassing and it would've been embarrassing 5 years ago as well.

Cena heel turn is too late now. His last best chance was against Wyatt and they squandered it.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
FWIW Flair has said he thinks Cena has it in him to be a great heel if they give him a chance to. For all of those who want Cena to turn heel just stop. Is there a face with the star power of Cena to take over? Not really. They had Punk and ran him off. They don't view Bryan as a top guy sadly. When there is a top guy to take over for Cena maybe Cena will turn. They could have easily turned Cena in 2012 when Punk was hot as fuck but nope.

Cena didn't turn heel because he likes that big fat cheque he gets every month with his merch sales.
Hard to blame him for this. He is playing a character. That character makes more money than a different character would. Punk didn't want to turn heel in 2012 for this very reason. He has admitted this.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Cena's mom or even a reflection of his soul ripped from his body can come out and tell you he wanted to be heel, and someone will still say bullshit.

Like, this is the most reliable source we've ever gotten period, and people look at it like it's a damn mirage lol

Like, it's almost hilarious how much the bitter resentment towards John Cena has become. People have actually created a real-life heel persona for him to conjure up this illusion that he is a diabolical, evil, heartless child-hating asshole bastard who has a monopoly on a wrestling drama show because he makes more money off of it.

Even though it's 100000% obvious to any living, breathing human being that, at this stage in his life, he'd be more profitable as a heel. I don't understand people's logic.

Yet for some reason, a true, self-admitted asshole in CM Punk tells you he wanted to be a face or heel, and you believe every single word even if it came from a bum off your local street.

EDIT: Damn, I even forgot that a former creative writer, someone who worked in the exact GPS location where they decide who you are that day, even said Cena wanted to be heel.

I don't understand what else people need. Yes, Cena is shoved down our throats. Yes, I hate it. But for fuck's sake, it's pro wrestling, not the fucking presidential election.

Reactions: DGenerationMC

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
FWIW Flair has said he thinks Cena has it in him to be a great heel if they give him a chance to. For all of those who want Cena to turn heel just stop. Is there a face with the star power of Cena to take over? Not really. They had Punk and ran him off. They don't view Bryan as a top guy sadly. When there is a top guy to take over for Cena maybe Cena will turn. They could have easily turned Cena in 2012 when Punk was hot as fuck but nope.

Hard to blame him for this. He is playing a character. That character makes more money than a different character would. Punk didn't want to turn heel in 2012 for this very reason. He has admitted this.
I still say heel Cena vs. Taker at Mania with the streak on the line would have been truly epic. Maybe it should have gone Rock vs. Cena WM 28 and then at WM 29 Cena vs. Taker. Or even have Cena/Taker at WM 27 and then Cena/Rock at WM 28.

BTW, that sig with Terra Ryzing and Sting is hilarious lol

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Personally I could believe this but I think WWE brass is afraid to turn their golden boy baby face into a bad guy even for a short while. Because he moves too much merch for them and is basically their goodwill embassador.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Perfect time to turn was with Punk in 2011. They could of had Punk and Cena do an epic rematch after MITB where Punk has been established as a top face along side Cena then have Cena turn heel to end his long reign.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The sad thing is that it's now way too late to successfully turn him. Reigns is now the focus of crowd anger more so than Cena, so there's no momentum he could use to his advantage.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I think at this point a heel Cena wouldn't be Thuganomics, but a sellout gimmick similar to Seth Rollins, only as a bigger scale.

I said it years ago, they should have banked on Cena becoming "The Franchise." He would sell out to whoever was in charge (this being the Authority now) in order to selfishly maintain his spot as the #1 man in the WWE. Greed has now gotten the best of him, and he would even sell out the fans who adored him in order to keep his stronghold.

But the problem is that the smarks of today don't know how to boo or cheer anymore. They would probably cheer a heel Cena when he's supposed to be booed, and suddenly people are all like "why is he a heel again?" That's the only gripe I really have against the smark community as of today, aside from miniscule other things.

But Cena should have turned heel plenty of times. I guess Vince is just against pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
If the WWE finally flips Cena heel to feud with Reigns and it results in Cena being cheered by the majority I am not sure how long it would take me to stop laughing

:ha
I will still boo Cena even as a heel. I boo him because he is an untalented hack who is pushes ahead of guys who are better than him on the mic and in the ring.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts