Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
At WrestleMania, it will be “you can’t see me” against the horror most Superstars hope you’ll never see. John Cena is set to return to The Showcase of the Immortals for what promises to be an incredible showdown against “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt.

The WWE Universe has witnessed Cena compete in a slew of classic WrestleMania matchups against some of the squared-circle’s most iconic Superstars, from The Undertaker to Triple H to Shawn Michaels to The Rock. But, just when it seemed as if the 16-time World Champion may have fought his final battle on The Grandest Stage of Them All, HE was there to pull him back in.

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt emerged on the ramp and pointed to the WrestleMania sign, setting up the ultimate battle of good vs. evil at The Show of Shows. Save a single loss to Goldberg at WWE Super ShowDown, the monstrous competitor has been virtually unstoppable against some of the best WWE has to offer. But does he have what it takes to take down the likes of John Cena?

Don't miss WrestleMania 36, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, April 5, beginning at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought the first segment was really good- mostly because it was different from the regular lights out > Fiend appears and attacks his next opponent .

It was clean and simple and reminded me a lot of when HHH challenged Taker for their WM match.

Will be interesting to see how they approach the build, hopefully will make Fiend abit more humane and less over the top

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It was a great way of setting the match up. And to think there were people saying The Fiend was dead and buried and he proceeds to get his biggest crowd reaction in months.

·
Registered
413 Posts
More lazy and unoriginal booking by wwe, the fiend has been booked as a supposed monster heel but now he just appears and does the played out point at the wrestlemania sign rubbish and then cena just tips his cap, that's it.... fucking lol.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That was one of the most creative segments in a long time.

They achieved a number of character goals for both Cena and Fiend in one segment. Cena in particular came across incredibly well in the method of getting to the destination. It could’ve been done in a much more copy and paste manner.

Fantastic segment.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,696 Posts
This is the way to cement a big match involving a guy who's done it all and had no reason to worry about another Wrestlemania moment, It was a way to show Cena is the guy to go to not the other way around.

Of course Bray could have done the same old song and dance but I liked how it happened.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
and then cena just tips his cap
that shit can work with Taker. Cena tipping his cap looking the way he does in that fucking clothes is just ridiculous. I could never enjoy Cenas feuds because of how goofy everything is with him.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Awful no follow of his lose to Goldberg and he obviously not gonna main event with Cena, hope Kratos still alive.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Not a fan of Wyatt's at all. The story is obviously going to come for this match. Now that Wyatt is publicly whinging on Twitter, I kind of hope Cena squashes him after painting him to be a clown. That might seem like a disproportionate amount of hatred for the guy, but this whole silly mask stuff is really bad, the guy doesn't draw, and it rankles me when talent blame everyone else but themselves for not getting properly over. If you don't want to be expendable, be more valuable.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

They achieved a number of character goals for both Cena and Fiend in one segment. Cena in particular came across incredibly well in the method of getting to the destination. It could’ve been done in a much more copy and paste manner.

Fantastic segment.

Fantastic segment.
Come again? Don’t me wrong, I thought the segment was fine, and it’s the match they should have gone to. But, character goals? You have a “monster sociopath” that just lost his title, not follow up or acknowledge said loss at all, but instead comes out and points at a fucking sign?

Umm..

·
it's a tarp!
4,977 Posts
When The Fiend beats you it changes you, it turns out when The Fiend gets beaten it changes him, he turns back into rambly Wyatt Family Wyatt again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It was shit

Bonus points for Fiend botching his disappearing stunt by walking off before the lights went out.
Part timers left, right and centre. How is this why different from early 2010’s TNA? Lmao!

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,028 Posts
This match doesn’t mean shit without the gold. It could’ve been a storyline of Bray collecting a debt from Cena for what he did to him at WM30 vs Cena going for #17. There was an awesome story there. Now it’s just a meaningless mid card match.

The Fiend will win and WWE will try to use that win to salvage the damage they’ve done with his Saudi burial. Then he goes on to feud with Reigns after Mania in a feud no one is gonna give a shit about.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Cena tried to play to both set of fans and looked silly doing it. That being said, it was a fine segment for someone who clearly wasn't about to take a bump at that juncture

·
Mamba Mentality
25,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This match doesn’t mean shit without the gold. It could’ve been a storyline of Bray collecting a debt from Cena for what he did to him at WM30 vs Cena going for #17.
Much like his attacks on Rollins and Bryan, tormented revenge will be a motive for Wyatt in this story, just without the title aspect.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,028 Posts
Much like his attacks on Rollins and Bryan, tormented revenge will be a motive for Wyatt in this story, just without the title aspect.
If that’s the case then they are off to a terrible start. Wyatt just comes out and points at the sign like they are friends that want to do friendly battle. Cena even nodded like they were buddies. He didn’t seem tormented or like he wanted revenge to me. He should have killed Cena and threw him off the stage or something. IDK, maybe I just expect too much sense from WWE.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts