Thanks, I didn't realize this already!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Rocky was never stuck in the acolyte.

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,908 Posts
Yes it is Rocky, the story of a no name white boxer chosen to be the great white hope to sell tickets.

I can see exactly how similar this is.

It is a familiar storyline in wrestling and has been done multiple times with Hulk Hogan and other champions. Monster heels is an archetype and so are the feuds, there really isn't such a thing as a new story any more. Everything is derivative. Personally, I am much more tired of super Cena than I am of a monster foreign heel.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yes it is Rocky, the story of a no name white boxer chosen to be the great white hope to sell tickets.

I can see exactly how similar this is.

It is a familiar storyline in wrestling and has been done multiple times with Hulk Hogan and other champions. Monster heels is an archetype and so are the feuds, there really isn't such a thing as a new story any more. Everything is derivative. Personally, I am much more tired of super Cena than I am of a monster foreign heel.
So this no name monster = pretty much hall of famer John Cena? lol

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Comic Sans MS son.

Reactions: Leon Knuckles

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Nothing about John Cena is "straight out of the 1980's."

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They shouldn't have made them feud at Fastlane. That's what ruins it. Rusev Vs Cena at WrestleMania is an awesome match and Cena winning the US Title would be awesome too, but to double up on a pointless feud is just that.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That was one of the worst promos I've seen in a long, long time. I cringed at everything Cena was saying.

Isn't this a global product? The rest of the world doesn't care about tossing off over America, or any country for that matter.

Also, it's 100% guaranteed Cena is going over Rusev. Where's the excitement?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts