Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Cena appeared in studio on The Johnny Dare Morning Show today to promote tonight’s Raw SuperShow at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

10-time WWE Champion, John Cena teased during the interview that a cage would hang above the ring at the venue.

They also discussed films, cars and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Cena stated that he does not want to turn heel because seeing the Make-A-Wish kids with his shirts and accessories makes his day.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I stopped reading after "10-time WWE Champion". Such a sad fact.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
YES I'LL BE THERE!
This definitely just got me more pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Turning heel is a necessary evolution in wrestling. The Rock has done it multiple times. Everyone said Hogan never would, and that resulted in the biggest wrestling boom in history.

It doesn't seem wise to play stubborn. Sure, the Make A Wish kids are nice, but John Cena cannot remain the top face forever. Sooner or later there will be a top face to replace him. It's inevitable. If he won't turn heel, then he needs to evolve, or risk alienating the fanbase that will eventually grow up and move on to other things.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Cage matches = fpalm

I don't remember the last time I saw a decent cage match. Omfg.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
John Cena appeared in studio on The Johnny Dare Morning Show today to promote tonight’s Raw SuperShow at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

10-time WWE Champion, John Cena teased during the interview that a cage would hang above the ring at the venue.

They also discussed films, cars and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Cena stated that he does not want to turn heel because seeing the Make-A-Wish kids with his shirts and accessories makes his day.

He makes it so hard not to hate him. I try really hard, but when he says shit like this, I just wanna break his legs.

If there is a cage match, please let it be escape only. Having pin falls in a cage match is so stupid imo.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Raw and SD could use more gimmick/stipulation matches. I was watching OLD episodes of both programs the last couple of days and noticed that just about every other epidsode contained a gimmick/stip match of some sort. These matches always get more people to tune in, as its more than just the regular wrestling match. Back in the day there were Ladder matches on Raw, TLC matches on Smackdown, Cage matches on both shows, and people loved them.

WWE seems to have moved all these kinds of matches to PPVs in hopes that they will get more buys for the PPV. I mean shit, look they have entire PPVs based around gimmick matches (TLC, MITB, and HIAC)...they went from one extreme to another. Having an entire PPV based around one gimmick match type is fucking stupid and waters down the concept and lessens the OMG moments that made these match types popular.

What WWE needs to do is bring back gimmick/stipulation matches to the "free" programming, let the fans get exposed to them again. Moving them to PPVs just so they can get buys is a terrible business approach. If you bring in more viewers to your free programming, you increase the potential number of buys for your PPVs...I guess this logic is so simple that WWE has overlooked it.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

So he wants to ruin an entire company & business just because something makes his day? Fuck off

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I can't remember the last time I saw a decent cage match, to be honest. (Before Orton/Christian)

But they are known to do a lot of Cage Match Dark Main Events, so it could be that as well.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Vince has rejected every single storyline idea to turn Cena heel the last few years. He'll do it again. Cena is not turning heel.

Is this cage match tonight or HIAC. If it's tonight, who exactly is Cena facing in a cage? They won't do Del Rio since that's HIAC. Miz/R-Truth is fired. Henry won't do it because he's in a cage in HIAC. Christian? He's available, no HIAC match yet so they could do it on Raw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts