Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After successfully defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Alberto Del Rio at Friday's WWE live event in London, England, John Cena spoke on the microphone and remarked that the city deserves to host WrestleMania 31. He then suggested that it take place at a nearby "big ass" stadium—implying Wembley Stadium. The 14-time world champion also addressed his critics, which led him to utter the term "heel."
"Sounds like there's a lot experienced members of the WWE Universe in the crowd tonight. Sounds by the tone, there's a lot of grown men in the crowd here in London tonight. I gotta feeling these are the same grown men that bring their girlfriends, their wives and their families all the way across the pond and make just a loud noise at our WrestleMania events," Cena says in response to the audience members who booed him.

While surveying the crowd for frequent WWE event-goers—who generally boo Cena—he states, "WrestleMania veterans...you are grossly outnumbered. I bet you guys came to this building tonight thinking, "This is the night that John Cena is gonna turn heel." Ah-ah, no way. Not gonna happen."

Moments later, he continues, "This is the night that John Cena is going to come back to London, see a bunch of super-excited fans, all the way up to the sky! And tell them that they were so loud tonight I could've sworn on my heart that every single one of you had been to WrestleMania because this is the noise I hear in that building and for that I thank you."
i want it too because the crowd will be great but it won't happen bc then the us would have to watch wm after 12am.
btw to see the promo where he says heel here's the link:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...says-london-should-host-wrestlemania-in-2015/

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Re: John Cena Says London Should Host WrestleMania In 2015, Mentions 'Heel' During Pr

That was a decent promo and a good job of working a crowd the half hated him. IN b4 people say he was sucking up or pandering as usual.

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
Re: John Cena Says London Should Host WrestleMania In 2015, Mentions 'Heel' During Pr

He's just at a point where he will be cheered for turning heel unless he breaks the streak, maybe. What do you even do with this guy anymore to make people cheer or boo this guy?

·
Banned
3,904 Posts

He was simply pandering to the home crowd. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't really want a WM to be held in this country. And WM never ever will be. Nor should it. WM is Americana in its purest form. It'd be like holding the F.A Cup final in Washington DC.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts

The only way that it could ever happen is if it started at 11pm or midnight. That makes it almost impossible logistically as there is no chance the American market is going to allow it to be anything but live - understandably so.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts

Do we (uk residents) deserve WM, or at VERY least a solid PPV? Damn right we do. We are the best fans going, we make crap shows/meaningless matches interesting (unless your name is Randy Orton). I absolutely hate Americans crowds who make no noise at all, it p*sses me off, if you are not going to bother and make a noise then WWE should stop bothering with that venue and leave them out for a year or 2 from the schedule, that way when it returns they will appreciate it more. i am not going to say all American crowds are garbage because that is just not true but alot of the venues, states, cities need to have a long hard look at themselves.

When i am watching a Raw, no matter how good or bad it is, fan interaction/involvement will instantly impriove what is going on by a high percentage. If Vince brought a PPV to London/UK then i am sure the REAL wrestling fans wouldn't mind the time of the show starting a little later to accommodate their biggest market (USA) and it would be worth it for the American fans for the sake of viewing it an hour or 2 earlier than usual just so they could see a crowd explode like that.

I also want a Raw/SD taping at the new Hydro in Glasgow.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

UK crowds are filled with fans. Hardcore fans that care about the product. Most american towns are filled with casual fans. There's nothing wrong with that per-se. Casual fans are fans too, but the problem is: They only care about the main eventers.

I still think WWE should have more showns on New York/Chicago/Toronto.

·
Registered
802 Posts

LOL You're a fucking idiot
Don't be upset.

But no I think they deserve a PPV. And not just a one off, but at least once a year. Maybe have the go-home show, PPV and next night on Raw in the UK?

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts

Yeah, as per the discussion recently here, and a thread I did a while back, it seems that the popular opinion, from everyone all over the board (including Americans) have said the WWE should bring a PPV to the UK .... should it be Wrestlemania?? .. I'm not sure, simply because of what people have mentioned about the time zone thing, and of course if they pre-recorded it there would be leaks online about results and everything, unless they could schedule it at a time that fits the US and UK nicely, then it would be perfect for them to do it and be electric.

I definitely do feel they should do more PPV's in the UK though, since Summerslam 92 was so HUGE (bigger capacity than what they get in the US, Summerslam at Wembley had 80,355 people, Summerslam's in the US since has been between 14,00 - 23,00, Wrestlemania 29 reached 80,676 .. so you can see the difference here) ... I see no problem with us having a Wrestlemania at some point, but you have to think about them getting the buy rates also ... which is probably more important ... not just the capacity at the event ... if it can be done right then definitely ... but first and foremost it should be in the US for sure, specially things such as Wrestlemania 30 for example, if that was outside of the US in any way then it would just be wrong on all accords ... however a regular Wrestlemania for one year, I don't think is a bad thing ... as long as it can be done ok to fit the US audiences also, I think this is quite important.

We probably should have a Royal Rumble first, or a Survivor Series, Summerslam again etc... before hand, preferably Royal Rumble, [USER]MachoMadness1988[/USER] came up with the great point about the whole 'Royal' aspect of it, which I never thought about before (and I'm British) ... and also something like a 'King Of The Ring'.

We watch PPV's at 1am here, and they still get a good buy rate on these, I'm sure in the USA, the fans over there also wouldn't have a problem with a late night PPV live at some point (specially if it was a Saturday for example) ... to cater for this, so it's not really an issue too much, but I do understand totally in regards to Wrestlemania, it is of course what is seen as their biggest PPV, which is why I think if settling for a lesser PPV here, that would be just as great!! .. Raw is pre-recorded and aired later when in the UK, and Smackdown is pre-recorded all the time, but there is a difference between a regular Raw and Smackdown, as opposed to a PPV leaking results, so we do have to think about that ... however it's not impossible either and not as much of a problem as people may initially think.

Where as I do think Wrestlemania is for the US ... I don't think it would be unfair for one to be held in the UK at some point, but it would have to be just your regular Wrestlemania really, nothing such as a definitive one such as Wrestlemania 30 is for example, and it would have to be done right ... I understand this totally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.