Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cena said he wanted to do something for Wrestlemania this year. This could be a potential build to that since he does have that week free. Right now, Reigns/Fiend is a lock, so they're obviously not on the table. But all of Strowman, Corbin, and Bryan are in the air in terms of what they're doing at Mania.

It's very unlikely he faces Strowman as he's the IC champion and a big time over face.

Corbin... he is always an option as the resident upper midcard heel.

Bryan has currently gone through a change where he's acting more vicious so he's a potential option. Maybe Cena trying to bring him back to normal again.

If he's starting a feud, the most likely options are either Bryan or Corbin. However I think they should take this chance to do Cena/Goldberg. It's a big time match, feels like a Mania attraction, and it wouldn't be a long match so Cena doesn't risk anything for his career. As a bonus, it also leaves Bryan free to take on Strowman.

Reigns/Fiend, Cena/Goldberg, and Strowman/Bryan already shits all over the WM35 card in its entirety. That's a very strong combination on paper.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
They are going to do Cena/Goldberg? I cannot stand the bright dude. If they have Goldberg beat Fiend and then have Cena get #17 I am done. Can you imagine the boos?

·
Southern Pride
2,813 Posts
Cena is usually around for Mania every year anyway. WM 34 was the "match" with the Undertaker and last year was the Dr. of Thuganomics.

So it makes sense to bring him in on Smackdown for at least one appearance, the show thats on FOX and is struggling.

Vince is throwing money at Goldberg for Saudi. May as well keep using Cena for Mania, whos prime is a lot more recent.

·
7,920 Posts
Match with Bryan would be nice for Mania, especially with the changes in Bryans character since they last wrestled. I can't really think of much else I'd like to see from Cena but hopefully he's used well (or it's just a dumb one off to promote his new movie, which still at least could be fun)

·
Registered
22,612 Posts
Sounds to me like he'll promote his movie mostly. Maybe he'll be the host of Mania. IDK, I just can't see him wrestling in a match.

If he does I feel like it will be Corbin to avenge Angle's loss last year. Though Corbin might not be back from Saudi Arabia in time to shoot an angle. Maybe it'll be Bryan, considering he'll actually be there.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,200 Posts
They need to start setting up the Dark Clown vs Superman. That's my guess if he's not coming back to just promote his Hollywood shit. If the Terminator beats the Dark Clown in the desert, and goes on to fight the Big Dog at Mania, then the Dark Clown will need a big name to squash at the big show to keep him strong. The Dark Clown squashing Superman would be ideal if the Deadman doesn't come back to do the job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts