Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think it's a possibility for Wade Barrett to put Randy Orton in the Sharpshooter and Cena rings the bell without Orton tapping? I think if the almighty John Cena heel turn has to happen, it must happen at Survivor Series... Knowing the history with the Survivor Series with Shawn putting Bret in the Sharpshooter and also The Rock placing Mankind in the Sharpshooter. What a better way to keep the Survivor Series tradition alive then to have John Cena turn on the WWE fans by screwing Orton over.

He can make his explanations on Raw and finally wear a Nexus shirt. He can state that he was free to leave Nexus if Barrett wins but he decided to stay. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
More than likely he'll have Orton retain, beat the shit outta Barret, and the "fired" angle will play out for a while before Cena returns again.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I don't see why it HAS to be the sharpshooter , what if he just did that with some other submission manuever?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other submission holds that would work are any leg holds (Boston Crab) or a Crippler Crossface. I would prefer the Sharpshooter because it keeps the tradition of the Survivor Series screwjob. Just hopin' Barrett won't botch it like The Rock does. :no:

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
Hate to keep repeating myself, but why would Cena turn heel for the guy who cost him the title twice and forced him to be his bitch? He wouldn't wait for a good storyline and a good opportunity to turn Cena heel, to do it now would just be stupid.
Trying to put logic into wrestling is not a good idea. Why would Austin turn heel for Vince, a guy who cost him the title probably over 50 times? And fired him, and had him beaten down beyond belief, and on and on, etc. It's wrestling, it doesn't have to make sense. If they went that route, they'll come up with something to justify it.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Trying to put logic into wrestling is not a good idea. Why would Austin turn heel for Vince, a guy who cost him the title probably over 50 times? And fired him, and had him beaten down beyond belief, and on and on, etc. It's wrestling, it doesn't have to make sense. If they went that route, they'll come up with something to justify it.
^^ This exactly ^^

I do remember why Stone Cold joint the alliance. It was because he thought Vince was trying to make Kurt Angle the new face of the company and put the WWF Championship on him. But when Stone Cold turned heel at Wrestlemania, I can not remember his reason for aligning himself with Vince Mcmahon and Triple H.
Oh well, it was pretty damn big anyway.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Someone who is so popular as Cena needs to turn heel at Wrestlemania, the biggest PPV in pro wrestling. If and when Cena turns heel it needs to be the biggest thing (if not bigger, because I think it has a chance to be) since Hogan.

·
14,526 Posts
Well actually, Austin aligned with Vince because he didn't believe he could win the title by himself anymore. He doubted himself and needed a guarantee that he would walk out of WrestleMania X7 as the WWF champion. McMahon had tried to turn Austin into his corporate champion before, so he finally got his man (no homo).

The storyline did actually have logic behind it. But I don't disagree with your main point.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Someone who is so popular as Cena needs to turn heel at Wrestlemania, the biggest PPV in pro wrestling. If and when Cena turns heel it needs to be the biggest thing (if not bigger, because I think it has a chance to be) since Hogan.
Hogan turned at WCW's SummerSlam,so I don't think so

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Oh crap, I didn't think of this. This is the exact kind of thing the WWE would do, they've already done a good 2-3 follow on screw job attempts at Survivor Series and none of them have worked (barring the one with Rock-Foley)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i see where you are trying to go with that, but the whole logic of the sharpshooter and all that doesn't make sense, however john cena will help wade barrett win the championship. it will not trigger a heel turn, but they will just write it off as him having to do what he had to do in order to keep his job and get out of the nexus. why should he care if he causes orton the title anyway...all the times that cena has tried to avoid being the bad guy, orton still rko's him anyway so why would cena care if orton loses the title as long as cena can keep his job and get out of the nexus.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
No, how many times has the screwjob been over done. Let it go.

John Cena and Randy Orton may have built a mutual respect over the years, but if Cena should every screw any one over it should be either Orton or Edge. Just last this year Orton was trying to blow Cena up. I'm just saying, if you kick my dad in the head and try to freaking kill me I'm never getting over that.

Plus it's all win for Cena. Yeah, he helps Barrett win but he's out of Nexus, screws over Orton. This leads to a triple threat match. Cena wants to fight Barrett, Orton wants to beat Cena. They all hate each other.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does Cena have any films scheduled coming up? I can see him being 'fired' to work on a film. It's hard to tell what the WWE does at SS but I don't think a heel turn will occur although I'd like to see it. I'd hate a rehash of the Hart screwjob happen as it's way overdone. But knowing WWE I can see them doing it (lazy creative team).

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
The reason why Cena hasn't wrestled over the last 2 PPV's is because he is working on a new movie, so they just want to give him a rest.

At Survivor Series I can Cena doing a fast count for Barrett at the end

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I don't see it happening. The biggest reason for this is that Wade wouldn't be able to perform a submission.

Apart from that, a rehashed storyline is too smalltime for a topface like Cena, who hasn't been heel in 5 years to turn, it will probably have some twist since the Cenexus storyline is still too young to end just like that, but a screwjob remake it will not be unless WWE creative drops the ball completely.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I dont get why everyone thinks he has to turn at WM. Its not going to equate to more PPV buys is it? They aren't going to announce it in advance..."Buy Wrestlemania and see John Cena turn heel" If they are going to do it(which i doubt anyway) then do it in the lead up to Wrestlemania so people buy Wrestlemania to see him get his ass kicked.

Well look at WCW now, it's doing quite well for itself eh?
Well they did pretty well for the next couple of years. If they had turned him at Starrcade would that have been better in any way, shape or form?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Hate to keep repeating myself, but why would Cena turn heel for the guy who cost him the title twice and forced him to be his bitch? He wouldn't wait for a good storyline and a good opportunity to turn Cena heel, to do it now would just be stupid.
So why is Cena feeling bad for Orton after their helacious 5 ppv feud or whatever last year?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts