·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
both are dreadful but Orton is worse.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
12,688 Posts
They both fit the WWE made, boring, robotic mold perfectly. They are the early 2000's version of today's WWE Performance Center 'talent' that are green and robotic even after months or more of training at the Performance Center.
So much ^this.

Cena and Orton pretty much both epitomize the mediocrity of WWE over the past decade.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,925 Posts
Oh God, this is like choosing between cancer and AIDS. Cena, when not pandering, cuts great promos that bury his opponents, he's been in tons of great matches despite his awful psychology and how his offense is laid out the exact same way in every match, but he executes well, he also has the most stale character in all of wrestling since Hogan was in WWF. Had a solid 12 years of obnoxious booking that ruined the product, and never used his backstage pull to help anybody out besides Bryan, who he got rehired in 2010 and hand picked to drop his title to in 2013.

Orton is a mediocre at best promo but his character is much better and he changes alignment when needed, his execution in the ring is top notch, but he forces opponents to work at his pace, doesn't lay out matches well and despite his talent, his great matches since 2012 can be counted on one hand with missing fingers. His track record for burials isn't as long but is a lot more malicious, he's historically done the job more frequently but puts over his opponents less strongly; he has taken up significantly less tv time over his career than Cena.

If I have to choose 1 tv/ppv segment to watch it would be Cena by a mile, but overall, Orton has been less cancerous to the product.

·
Registered
456 Posts
orton.

better looking.
better character just for the fact he doesn't have the fucking obnoxious superman gimmick.

but hes totally shit nowadays and i wish he was gone.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
well they are both two people I preferred in 2004 but I will cena just because orton has the personality of beige carpet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Orton by some distance - there are times(years even) that he can be bland and boring but he has some enjoyable heel runs. His Evolution work, Rated RKO stint and 09 Legacy heel run were all very good. He can also cut an entertaining promo when he's motivated.

Cena is what he is - a bland face of the franchise. Vast improvement in his later years, his US title run was great and it's not like he can't perform in the ring or cut a credible promo. It's just his gimmick is bland, his move set is terrible, his booking has been overbearing and he had been stale for years.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Well, first of all, neither or them are as great as WWE promotes them to be (they compare them to be as big as Austin-Rock, Warrior-Hogan, etc when neither of them have that level of charisma).

Overall between the two of them, I chose Orton cause he is a better wrestler than Cena. For starters, he can at least do basic moves like a drop kick, hip toss correctly unlike Cena.

Cena is clearly cuts better promos than Orton, but Orton during his Legacy days cut amazing promos too. That doesnt change the fact that Cena is head and shoulders above Orton in the overall drawing department.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts