Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm just wondering if there's any real reason why John Cena is featuring on SmackDown advertisements like this. Is it perhaps a hint that he's going to be moving brands? He's the only RAW superstar on that advertisement which seems a little odd/out of place.

Speculate!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
did you ignore Bret Hart on there? its not like he's gonna be showing up weekly.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Take it as you will, I too, marked out when I saw him on it, but he's also on the RAW ones. *sigh* I don't see it as JUST a recognisible face, They could just put The Undertaker Or Rey Mysterio on it, as, in my experience, casual fans have heard of these two, but rarely do they know who Cena is.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Take it as you will, I too, marked out when I saw him on it, but he's also on the RAW ones. *sigh* I don't see it as JUST a recognisible face, They could just put The Undertaker Or Rey Mysterio on it, as, in my experience, casual fans have heard of these two, but rarely do they know who Cena is.

if you're a casual fan, and don't know John Cena, you're an absolute moron. anyone who has watched wrestling in the past five years knows John Cena. he's been on every Raw episode and they usually mention him at least once every smackdown and show a vignette. those aren't casual fans you've met in your experience, those are people who don't watch wrestling.

anyone who watches wrestling knows John Cena. and they're trying to appeal to people that actually watch wrestling. and John Cena, as proven, is the most popular wrestler on the roster.

honestly, if you meet people who call themselves casual fans and don't know John Cena, just punch them in the mouth. lying is a sin son.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I don't see anything, probably just a familiar face to get viewers.
This.
I would rage like hell if in the next coming weeks he "quits" or "gets fired" then shows up on Smackdown the same week, cutting a promo "I quit/was fired from Raw, so now i'm here on SmackDown!".

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
if you're a casual fan, and don't know John Cena, you're an absolute moron. anyone who has watched wrestling in the past five years knows John Cena. he's been on every Raw episode and they usually mention him at least once every smackdown and show a vignette. those aren't casual fans you've met in your experience, those are people who don't watch wrestling.

anyone who watches wrestling knows John Cena. and they're trying to appeal to people that actually watch wrestling. and John Cena, as proven, is the most popular wrestler on the roster.

honestly, if you meet people who call themselves casual fans and don't know John Cena, just punch them in the mouth. lying is a sin son.
Sorry, wrong choice of words there, I meant if you're *Not* a fan, at all. Just random people know The Undertaker & Rey Rey, and you can't even say I'm wrong, I've never met a non-wrestling fan to know of John Cena, fact.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It's not as if Bret Hart is signed to a brand though, is it? He's retired, so he can feature in either world tour I presume.
Brands don't matter anymore. Nexus showed up when they felt like it, Daniel Bryan showed up on Smackdown too. Divas randomly pop up on either show, regardless of which show they were drafted to. But yeah, I doubt Hart is signed to either brand. Not sure he even has a WWE contract still.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he worked some of the SD tour because outside of Mysterio and Edge, they don't really have anybody else that is a big name. Kane and Show are there but they aren't really going to put buts in seats.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Cena will be on Raw for the rest of his career. To assume otherwise is illogical unless they find another #1 star, and don't be tricked into thinking Orton is even close, or capable of it at all.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Now I don't know for sure, and this is gonna sound unlikely, but maybe it has something to do with Cena being the face of the entire company for the last 5 years?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cena in SD? I think yes, Nexus fired Cena but WWE lets you be in SD

·
Banned
311 Posts
This definitely doesn't have to mean that he's switching brands, but it could. I personally think the commercials might be featuring him because he's probably going to be making an appearance on Smackdown. I doubt Vince will let Cena go to Smackdown anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts