Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Cena has officially joined the cast of the Fast & Furious 9 movie, according to Deadline.

There had been speculation on Cena joining the movie after actor Vin Diesel posted a teaser to Instagram back in April. Universal officially announced Cena for the movie this afternoon.

There's no word yet on Cena's character for the movie, but Deadline reports that his character is said to be a "badass" in the movie.

There is no chance of a Cena vs. The Rock scene in the "Fast" series because The Rock will not be in the 9th movie.

Production for the movie begins later this month. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on May 22, 2020.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/06/john-cena-joins-cast-of-fast-and-furious-9-movie-654971/

·
The Man
25,721 Posts
Re: John Cena Joins Cast Of "Fast And Furious 9" Movie

If John does great here then he is set. You can murder a fan favorite but if you’re a lil cool they’ll have you joining the family and be a main character for the next 20 movies.

·
All Out
2,799 Posts
Re: John Cena Joins "Fast And Furious 9" Movie

Could see them having a scene together in the follow up (ten) - regardless of if Rock and Vin have heat. Could also see them being more open to co-promotion if both are in the film. Maybe:

2024 - WrestleMania 40
One Week Before The Movie They Co-Star In: Fast & Furious X
Cena versus Rock III

Hoping F&F9 is a good film.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Cena has a mindset and a work ethic that is unquestionable. I would seriously be surprised if he does not knock this out of the park. One thing is for sure, he will put everything into making whatever he does as good as he's capable of making it. Wish him all the success possible

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

My problem with Cena was always the decade or so of Super Cena killing the WWE. I've never had a problem with the man personally. If he can do well in this movie, then more power to him.

Also me, fuck John Cena. This doesn't deserve it's own thread. Merge it with the F&F9 thread that we already have. :cuss:

·
Registered
17,493 Posts

Another reason for me not to watch another mindless sequel.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts

Makes sense considering his extensive car collection. I wonder if his the villain just so Dwayne can go over John without doing another match lol.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,226 Posts

Rock and Vin hate each other thats why Rock got his own spin off series
Really? Why do they hate each other?

That kinda sucks for Vin because Rock and Statham have great onscreen chemistry and Statham is a legit Chinese draw and Rock is a massive American to world wide one.. Sooo if this Hobbs and Shaw movie does well, pretty sure they may take over the franchise.

Unless they plan to keep them split up for making two different but related franchises?

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Rock isn't that much of a draw. Only film that comes close to the gross of the Furious movies is Jumanji and he can't take credit for the Furious films. He's got far more clunkers under his belt than he does legit juggernauts of today's cinema.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Awesome. It's a shame Rock won't be in it though, Hobbs was my favourite character, he and Jason Statham stole the last movie.

Rock isn't that much of a draw. Only film that comes close to the gross of the Furious movies is Jumanji and he can't take credit for the Furious films. He's got far more clunkers under his belt than he does legit juggernauts of today's cinema.
Most of his recent films have done very well at the box office. Maybe not absolute box office smashes like F&F & Jumanji, but Moana, San Andreas, Rampage & Skyscraper all did very well iirc.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

Really? Why do they hate each other?
I don't think it was ever revealed exactly why, it was all very cryptic but they got into some kind or argument on set and there was some comment about vin saying rock was lazy or something and rock essentially saying that vin was problematic.

my guess is that vin and rock are similar kinds of guys in terms of the characters they play and vin might feel abit threatened by rock's inclusion in the films as vin is supposed to be the "tough guy".

probably just a stupid battle of egos I expect and thats why there was no real reason, just basically a pathetic argument boiled out nothing.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yea he is, even Tom Cruise has clunkers in his filmology, and if theres anything that's a sure thing at the box office, it's Tom Cruise. As per Fast and Furious, the four top money making movies in the franchise all had the Rock in them, don't imagine that's a coincidence.

They didn't spin this off cuz rock and Vin cant get along, they did so for the same reason they plan on making an all female fast and furious, they're attempting to world build Marvel style. They're just using the series two biggest co stars for the first spinoff.

So this series now has Cena, The Rock and Roman Reigns. Countdown till Steve Austin joins the cast.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts