Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past 10 years..

• Who has made the most money for the business?
  • Who has put the most asses in seats night after night?
  • Who has elicited the most emotion from the fans?
  • Who has had the most 4*+ matches in WWE?
  • Who has been involved in the biggest angles and feuds consistently over time?
  • Who has had the most passion for his job and shown the strongest work ethic?
  • Who has been the face of this era of wrestling?
  • Who has main evented the most WrestleManias?
It's undeniable that the answer to all these questions is John Cena. Without a doubt he is the greatest of this decade, and thus one of the greatest of all time. He deserves to be cast alongside names such as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Taker, Flair and so on, when the history books are written.

Can you dispute this? I'd like to see anyone try..

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Oh boy. This thread's going to be fun to read.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add: I don't disagree.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
I agree with you. He is without a doubt one of the goats.

One of the goats? yes
Boring as hell right now stuck in the same gimmick? yes

Boring doesnt take away that he is one of the goats. I am as bored with the guy as many of his haters, I really am. But you can´t take away all of his achievements and his hard work for the business.

He is also pretty solid in the ring. the 5 moves of doom argument is invalid since pretty much all the guys in WWE got it. He works slow and safe. Sure, it might be boring to watch at times, but you can´t say he is an unsafe worker or even a bad one at that. Looking at his matches, he is usually the guy that have put out the best matches from the guys he met.

Also looking at all of his ++++ and +++++ matches says something too. Don´t come with the argument that he worked those matches with better guys, because it´s takes two to tango.

He is also one of the best mic workers in the business today. He is slow and secure when he talks and can put emotions in it. Sure, he is corny at times, but thats because he is aimed for kids. That doesnt take away that he is great on the mic.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I agree with you except for the fact that he has put the most 4*+ Matches on, very few of Cenas good matches are because of him. He can put on a good match I will admit that, but if you look at all of them the majority are not very good and almost all of them have the same formula, beat him down for 10 minutes then he magically comes back and wins

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, I do not care for this ^^
I care only for the wrestler who each week has a great match or great promo, WAY ?!

Because I'am wrestling FAAAAAN !

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
  • Who has made the most money for the business? - the man is a merch machine no doubt about it.
  • Who has put the most asses in seats night after night? - debatable the last ten years have had guys like HBK, Batista, HHH, Orton, Edge, undertaker, Punk
  • Who has elicited the most emotion from the fans?- is this a trick question, 50% of he crowd hates him and is sick of him, not because he is being a heel but because hey don't want him there
  • Who has had the most 4*+ matches in WWE? - undertaker, HBK, Bryan, punk, jericho just to name a few
  • Who has been involved in the biggest angles and feuds consistently over time? - only because no one else as been given the opportunity
  • Who has had the most passion for his job and shown the strongest work ethic? - this is debatable. HHH loves th business, Daniel Bryan loves the business, even Miz loves wrestling immensly, Cena promoting the business is heavily promoted so we are told he has the strongest work ethic, yet he can't even apply the STF with any believability
  • Who has been the face of this era of wrestling? - John Cena
  • Who has main evented the most WrestleManias? - John Cena has 5, HHH has 4 over the last ten years
It's undeniable that the answer to all these questions is John Cena. Without a doubt he is the greatest of this decade, and thus one of the greatest of all time. He deserves to be cast alongside names such as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Taker, Flair and so on, when the history books are written.

Can you dispute this? I'd like to see anyone try..

Thing is Austin was really only big for maybe four years max, Rock about the same. Cena has been booked in the main spot for ten years and it's still debatable that he has reached the heights of those two men. Hell how awkward was the look on Rock's face when he raised Cena's hand according to script this year.

Cena is a product of the WWE machine, guys like Austin and Rock were organic and made themselves huge by their own talent.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
  • Who has made the most money for the business?
  • Who has put the most asses in seats night after night?
  • Who has elicited the most emotion from the fans?
  • Who has had the most 4*+ matches in WWE?
  • Who has been involved in the biggest angles and feuds consistently over time?
  • Who has had the most passion for his job and shown the strongest work ethic?
  • Who has been the face of this era of wrestling?
  • Who has main evented the most WrestleManias?
Since 2003

Most money:John Cena

Biggest Draw:John Cena

Most emotion from the fans:John Cena

Most **** matches:I would personally say it was Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio.It's a subjective opinion.

If we use Dave Meltzer's ratings,John Cena has been involved in 18 **** matches in 10 years.That is more than Undertaker(16 **** matches in 22 years) or HHH(16 **** matches in 17 years) I guess if we use his criteria,you are right

Most passion/Hardworking:I am not in a position to tell but I am sure John Cena is among the top guys

Face of wrestling:John Cena

Main-evented WMs:I think it's John Cena.Not sure though

·
Registered
709 Posts
Who has had the most passion for his job and shown the strongest work ethic?
While the rest of them aren't arguable.. this one is. I'd throw the name of Kane into that hat, and I'm sure others have people in mind for it, too.

That said, yeah Cena will be remembered alongside names like Hogan and Austin, just like you said.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
While the rest of them aren't arguable.. this one is. I'd throw the name of Kane into that hat, and I'm sure others have people in mind for it, too.

That said, yeah Cena will be remembered alongside names like Hogan and Austin, just like you said.
Who the hell are you or anyone else to decide for someone you dont even know personally how much they love the business or what kind of ethic they have?

For all you know Tensai could be 10x more passionate than Cena. Fact is you dont know.

Before anyone starts verbally vomitting rehearsed garbage about charity work or anything else that is forced down our necks the same logic applies.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Who the hell are you or anyone else to decide for someone you dont even know personally how much they love the business or what kind of ethic they have?

For all you know Tensai could be 10x more passionate than Cena. Fact is you dont know.

Before anyone starts verbally vomitting rehearsed garbage about charity work or anything else that is forced down our necks the same logic applies.
First off, fuck you for the aggressive post. Lay off the energy drinks.

Secondly, I said it was an arguable point. You have proven me to be correct. However, I don't care to argue it. Have a good day.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Who spearheaded the company for the last decade while ratings continued to slide year after year after year? Oh that's right...it was John Cena.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
First off, fuck you for the aggressive post. Lay off the energy drinks.

Secondly, I said it was an arguable point. You have proven me to be correct. However, I don't care to argue it. Have a good day.
If you interpreted that as aggressive then that is an issue you have I'm afraid.

Its not an arguable point. Theres no way you can provide a sound argument that Cena or Kane have more passion or a better ethic than anyone else employed by WWE. Why? You dont know them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Why is it John Cena fans always try to justify themselves liking him with facts and statistics?

If he's your guy then no problem . I dont care about how many t-shirts he sells ,i wont be converted to the Cenation.

He's just not my cup of tea.

Struggling to grasp what the thread is trying to achieve other then all out forum war.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Best wrestler ? Maybe not but he is for sure the best superstar. You can hate Cena but nobody is as good as him. Maybe on the ring, he isn't the best but I dare you to find a match or segment where people don't react to him. This is what important in any mainstream product, it's not about how good you are, it's about your impact in the industry. If you talk about Cena, every fan will react and have something to say about him so it's clear that he is a success

1 - 20 of 199 Posts