Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
He's not entertaining at all. If you tune in on Raw every week for him, I feel very sorry for you. Robotic wrestling routine, weak crowd reaction(negative at times), corny as hell promos, horrid movies, what does he have again? Oh work ethic, well he can work all he wants, that doesn't make him at the least bit any better of a wrestler or an entertainer, so no he doesn't qualify as the best in the business. Based on entertainment, wrestling ability, and work ethic; he only has one, which doesn't even have anything to do with in ring or mic work. So anything that has nothing to do with appearing in the ring or television, Cena's got the skills for it. I'd say he's the best employee.

· Banned
11,216 Posts
This is hardly a shocking revelation - Cena is undoubtedly the best in the business and has been for the last four years or so. My favourite wrestler is AJ Styles but I would never deny that John Cena is the best in the business. He makes the most money and is the complete package. Anyone that denies that is a complete idiot.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Cena is the best in the business, no doubt. He has chemistry with practically every wrestler in the company. He has tons of good to great matches consistently as tv matches, especially tag matches, do not count. Whether he is funny or serious, his promo's usually get the crowd riled up, something not even Punk can do. Best of all, Cena plays his character perfectly. For example, he doesn't sell too much because that would ruin his character. He transitioned from rapper to marine to "SuperCena" seamlessly.

· The Man
30,830 Posts
Nope. He's good on the mic, but unfortunately most of his promos are cringe-inducing. He's pretty good in the ring, when given time and an opponent who is at least on his level. There is no denying his charisma, though.

HHH, Undertaker, and CM Punk are three names ahead of him, and I'll stop there.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
Ofcourse he is as a worker, promo guy, draw his the best in the business. Theres guy's who are great talents in the business that people might think are the best in the business but they dont have the full package like Cena does. Guys like Taker, HHH, Punk are up with him as the best all round performers in the business.

· The Sundance Kid
48,275 Posts
Define best. Yeah he draws the most people but he isn't the best on the mic, and he damn sure isn't the best in the ring.

If being the most marketable guy is being the best guy then I guess he's the best. Personal preference, he's not in my top 25.

· Registered
11 Posts
He's not entertaining at all. If you tune in on Raw every week for him, I feel very sorry for you. Robotic wrestling routine, weak crowd reaction(negative at times), corny as hell promos, horrid movies, what does he have again? Oh work ethic, well he can work all he wants, that doesn't make him at the least bit any better of a wrestler or an entertainer, so no he doesn't qualify as the best in the business. Based on entertainment, wrestling ability, and work ethic; he only has one, which doesn't even have anything to do with in ring or mic work. So anything that has nothing to do with appearing in the ring or television, Cena's got the skills for it. I'd say he's the best employee.
I'll come to Cena's Aid here. I've been a fan for a while. I pretty much grew up around the Attitude Era, and I admire Cena's determination. When he first appeared on the scene as an Eminem like character, it was fresh, entertaining, not to mention, he was good in the ring.

My problem with Cena now is his character. His mic skills are bad, his in ring are skills are getting a little better, but his character has gotten so stale. He was nearly Champion for over a year at one point. His character never lost and the fans are even getting tired of him.

Best in the Business. I don't think so.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.