Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Cena defeated Brock Lesnar in a brutal fight at Extreme Rules 2012, but the top superstar in the WWE may have paid the ultimate price.

Lesnar destroyed and manhandled Cena throughout the match. He put Cena in multiple submission maneuvers and busted him open early in the match with an elbow to the head. In the final minutes of the match, Lesnar once again had Cena in a variation of an armbar, but Cena was able to pick Lesnar up and slam him down onto the steel steps to break the hold.

Cena ultimately won with an Attitude Adjustment move on the steel steps in a shocking victory. At no point during the match did it seem like Cena was legitimately hurt, though he was selling the repeated armbars towards the end of the match.

In a post-match victory speech, Cena stated that he will be taking time off from the company. At this time, it isn't clear whether or not this was a planned break or vacation, but he did suggest that hurt his left arm and will be out for an extended period of time.

Even though winning the battle in defeating Brock Lesnar, Cena did not win the war as it was visible noticeable that he had suffered a possible injury to his left arm during the match Sunday night.

Here’s a quote from the article posted on WWE.com:

"The most obvious injury was the laceration to his head, which caused a substantial amount of bleeding," said WWE locker room physician Dr. Chris Amann. "He also has suffered a shoulder injury. Initial testing in the training room leads me to believe there may be torn muscles, possibly a torn rotator cuff or a biceps muscle."
With the possible torn muscle in his left arm, I truly believe that during the middle of the match as Lesnar locked Cena in a Kimura, a submission that usually is saved for MMA, that all but curtained did the damage to the arm of Cena.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

The cut was definitely real. An elbow like Lesnar hit then would bust anyone open and knock a lot of people out. Cena is fucking tough.

I felt the Kimura didn't look like it had enough pressure on to cause a tear but it's hard to say. If anyone wants to see a really painful kimura watch "Frank Mir V Antonio Nogueira" from UFC. One guy gets his shoulder completely popped out.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I haven't seen the footage yet but Lesnar would have had to put some actual force into it. Huge fan of Lesnar but that's a pretty big mistake if he did serious damage.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't think he has seriously injured his arm as he could still use it. He climbed the top rope and lifted Lesnar for the AA.

·
Buried by the man with three H's
1,166 Posts
Apparently, John Cena is set to appear in The Marine 3. So it's totally kayfabe, but they obviously didn't want Cena taking his break on a loss.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
I remember reading somewhere recently that WWE is trying to make kayfabe injuries seems more real by posting the injury on the website and make the wrestler sell the injury through twitter.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Apparently, John Cena is set to appear in The Marine 3. So it's totally kayfabe, but they obviously didn't want Cena taking his break on a loss.
They are making a third Marine movie? Jesus Christ.

Considering WWE.com is reporting it, it seems like kayfabe. Cena is long overdue for a break anyway. So this is his opportunity to take some time off, do the Marine film and rest up a little bit. But Lesnar did have some stiff shots in last night, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Cena's hurting a little bit today.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Cena injuryd after that fuck up Lesnar almost killed him?

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
Yeah even if it is kayfabe, Cena took a legit beating at points it seemed. He deserves time off after that.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
They are making a third Marine movie? Jesus Christ.
Considering all their movies suck some serious balls, they may as well bring back John Triton to save the writers having to tax themselves with a new main character name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts