Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in WCW when Hulk Hogan leg dropped the macho man at bash at the beach and revealed himself as the third man(kevin nash and scott halls partner)it was the biggest heel turn ever. a man who every kid wrestling fan of the day idolised and he turned on all of his fans which would turn out to be the beginning of one of the greatest storylines ever the NWO. it helped launch WCW to great heights and mades stars of all faces who opposed the mighty NWO. It changed the face of pro wrestling for the better

Now do we think if Cena was to do a similar heel turn, would it have the same effect?. lets face it we all know that its not John Cenas fault for PG but he is the poster boy for the whole idea. but if he went heel would it usher in a new era of wrestling. Maybe not the attitude era because there was only one attitude era. That era came about because of things like the NWO because back then WWE had competition now they dont.

Its ironic that many of us hate John Cena but if he were to turn heel he could help save the WWE from the PG monster it has become

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
cena heel turn..I wouldn't hold your breath

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's too bad Jeff Hardy's not in the company anymore, because he was the only face over enough for Cena to get crazily hated for turning on and beating down.

Until someone else gets over to the same degree Jeff did as a face, and sells the amount of merchandise he did, a Cena heel turn would be seen as both a risky proposition in terms of actually working and in terms of merchandise sales. Thus, the company wouldn't pull the trigger on a heel turn with the absence of another huge, merchandise-selling face.

Translation...he won't be turning heel for awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Another one of these threads? Sheesh. I like the idea, but how many times is someone gonna ask about it?

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another one of these threads? Sheesh. I like the idea, but how many times is someone gonna ask about it?
well considering this is my second thread i have posted and have been a member for a day sorry i have not had a chance to look through all the old previous threads to make sure my idea hadnt already been used il make sure i do that next time:flip

·
Banned
311 Posts
It definitely does need to be done even though Vince may think otherwise because of all the merchandise Cena sells. But I don't think WWE will find a better chance than now because WWE can also use The Rock. For the complete details, check out this article: http://www.thewrestlingcafe.com/turning-john-cena-heel.php

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
See the thing is if left to the majority of the people here how would they do a Cena heel turn. Well let's see. Well they'll have him come out and freestyle rap and talk shit about his opponent. Basically typical IWC logic, rehash everything.

I'm one of the few that doesn't want a Cena heel turn. Cena has to stay face, he's just a face guy. But what they need to have him do is some attitude, show us a vicious side of Cena. Make us believe that he is a goody two shoes but in the rings he shows no compassion.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
See the thing is if left to the majority of the people here how would they do a Cena heel turn. Well let's see. Well they'll have him come out and freestyle rap and talk shit about his opponent. Basically typical IWC logic, rehash everything.

I'm one of the few that doesn't want a Cena heel turn. Cena has to stay face, he's just a face guy. But what they need to have him do is some attitude, show us a vicious side of Cena. Make us believe that he is a goody two shoes but in the rings he shows no compassion.
You think he was showing compassion when he 'buried' WB with 20 some chairs?

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
You think he was showing compassion when he 'buried' WB with 20 some chairs?
I'm sorry but we only see a vicious side to Cena once a year. That was one of the few instances where we saw it and tbh it was a poorly executed spot. Even 5 year olds were questioning how the heck could it have done any damage to Barrett.

I would have just had Cena beat Barrett with the chair but that would call for a bladejob so that'll be futile.

Aesthetically speaking it was a cool spot, but realistically speaking it wasn't impressive,

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It's pretty easy, have Cena just beat the shit out of The Rock on the RAW after WrestleMania. He'll be the most over heel in wrestling in years. Then do Rock vs. Cena at Summerslam or WrestleMania 28, and print the fucking money.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It's pretty easy, have Cena just beat the shit out of The Rock on the RAW after WrestleMania. He'll be the most over heel in wrestling in years. Then do Rock vs. Cena at Summerslam or WrestleMania 28, and print the fucking money.
Shit ain't that hard.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
People talk about a cena heel turn like its some magical elixer, sure it would be interesting, but there are no faces worth a rats ass for him to feud with.
That's the wrong way to think about it, the heel is supposed to get the face over by being such an asshole that people want to see them get their asses kicked. Cena would definitely be capable of that because the kids would turn on him; I for one would still want to see him get his ass kicked because none of the things I dislike about him would change all that much.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's the wrong way to think about it, the heel is supposed to get the face over by being such an asshole that people want to see them get their asses kicked. Cena would definitely be capable of that because the kids would turn on him; I for one would still want to see him get his ass kicked because none of the things I dislike about him would change all that much.
(Bolded bit) THIS! When talking about movies I said Cena would make a better villain character and the same could be said of his WWE persona. Not a rapper gimmick, but just don the original black shirt and be a complete arse!

With regards the 'no faces worth shit' (or similar) comment further up, Miz could do it quite easily imo. He has the cockiness down to a tee, and he could easily translate that into a face kind of cockiness.

There's Randy who is (atmo) the difficult face (we like him, despite the fact he has a somewhat heel-ish gimmick) and could easily become a babyface.

Ofc, there's The Rock, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up about him staying for much longer after WM27.

Really, there are any number of people who could be the face to Cena's heel (any superstar, really) as long as (like the highlighted post says) Cena does his job as the Heel to put the Face over by being an arsehole.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why do you care ? If you dont like the question dont answer it . You nerds on this site need to get lifes .. " oh another one of these threads ? " Not everybody is on here all day everyday :flip

·
Banned
404 Posts
It'll happen.
A clean cut maniac is always appealing, and disturbing .... As others have pointed out, just a matter of finding a proper face to be the victim.
Mysterio seems to be the fav whipping boy for heel turns, wouldn't make much sense at the moment.
When they do do it, I hope they do it in a way which doesn't necessarily involve him turning on the fans, like Batista, Edge, Jericho ect.
That routine is getting tired, maybe just a flat out Kane type maniac.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts